2019 Draft Weekend Discussion!

RaidersAreOne

Lock is way way worse prospect than Ryan Finley or Will Grier, both of which are still on the board. 

Grier reminds me of Carr in a lot of ways, all the same pros and cons mostly. Bad under pressure but I feel Grier has a higher football IQ and much more fearless than Carr. 

Finley, as you know, I’m super high on. He’s the good version of Alex Smith right off the bat with the potential to be Tom Brady. His smarts, accuracy, touch, release, and pocket presence are unreal.

Drew Lock is Jay Cutler. With even worse footwork. Lock has the worst footwork of any QB I have possibly ever seen. He’s also not that accurate and not that smart. Hey... he’s got a strong arm and leadership though!

I would loathe picking a QB. Not just because I'm a big Carr believer. I don't like the prospects and there are a bevy of great players available at other positions. I would much rather build up the rest of the team and reassess things next offseason. I want to see how Carr looks as he gets more comfortable in the system and healthier. Plus we have added a lot of skill position guys. Now is the time for him to start looking like a top QB again. He had some good and bad moments last year, with ZERO supporting cast. I want and expect improvement. If he doesn't, its time to start looking. It would also be a bit different if I didn't really dislike these QBs. Regardless, whoever is our QB after next year should fare better with whomever we pick today if it isn't a QB.

1 minute ago, Silver&Black88 said:

I would loathe picking a QB. Not just because I'm a big Carr believer. I don't like the prospects and there are a bevy of great players available at other positions. I would much rather build up the rest of the team and reassess things next offseason. I want to see how Carr looks as he gets more comfortable in the system and healthier. Plus we have added a lot of skill position guys. Now is the time for him to start looking like a top QB again. He had some good and bad moments last year, with ZERO supporting cast. I want and expect improvement. If he doesn't, its time to start looking. It would also be a bit different if I didn't really dislike these QBs. Regardless, whoever is our QB after next year should fare better with whomever we pick today if it isn't a QB.

I’m in agreement, if Carr isn’t the guy use our 1sts next year to get to #1 and pick whoever we think is the best QB. Picking a QB here is not the answer.

However, I was just saying Ryan Finley and Will Grier are much better QB Prospects than Drew Lock. If Drew Lock is the pick everyone should puke. 

Dang it! So close to getting Ferrell and Sweat at 4 and 27, that would have been absolutely great for us.

Not entirely sure about the Jacobs and Abram picks however, to me they were bigger reaches than Ferrell.

I don’t believe that report at all. If Oakland was gonna take lock it would have done so at 27 so you can get the 5th year option which would be very important for a team like the Raiders. Maybe he’s just connecting the dots cause Gruden coaches Lock at the senior bowl. 

The Jets are looking to move to the top of the 2nd round I would give then #35 for #68, #93, #105 and a 4th next year.

I would try to package #68 and #105 to move back into the 2nd to the Patriots for #56.

At #56 I'd target Winovich  Or Ferguson

Then in the 3rd #93 Lonnie Johnson CB or Andy Isabella WR

9 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Here's my thing... Carr may or may not be the answer.  Drew Lock, Daniel Jones, Haskins, Finley, etc aren't for sure.  If you're going to get your 'guy'... Trade up next year and get the the best available.  IDC if they traded up for Kyler if they believed he was THE GUY.  But don't waste a second on a developmental guy at best.  We have way bigger needs.  And not for nothing I watched Landry and AB beat us on a single play.  Landry is a capable back up.  

2 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Dang it! So close to getting Ferrell and Sweat at 4 and 27, that would have been absolutely great for us.

Not entirely sure about the Jacobs and Abram picks however, to me they were bigger reaches than Ferrell.

Yep people don’t realize Jacobs and Abram were actually bigger reaches. Jacobs and Abram would of been available at 35 and IMO both would of been available in the 40’s. (I had Jacobs going 43 and Abram going in the Early 3rd). That’s a reach of 15 spots each. Ferrell lasts to 13 at the latest which is a reach of 9 picks. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Yep people don’t realize Jacobs and Abram were actually bigger reaches. Jacobs and Abram would of been available at 35 and IMO both would of been available in the 40’s. (I had Jacobs going 43 and Abram going in the Early 3rd). That’s a reach of 15 spots each. Ferrell lasts to 13 at the latest which is a reach of 9 picks. 

BS

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

What’s BS? I did have Jacobs going 43 in my mock and he certainly would of been there at 35. Who takes Jacobs 25-33? Please enlighten me. 

Eagles or KC and anybody who might take a RB before #43 today we'll see.

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

The Ravens who always take Alabama prospects and outside of signing Mark Ingram (30) need a RB was going to be safe to pass on Jacobs to you? Who was taking Ferrell, like potentially? I'd guess the first spot that would make sense as a start (outside of us at 4 obviously lol) is the Lions at 8 , whereas Ravens the pick after 24 could have taken Jacobs, imo.

1 minute ago, Trojan said:

The Ravens who always take Alabama prospects and outside of signing Mark Ingram (30) need a RB was going to be safe to pass on Jacobs to you? Who was taking Ferrell, like potentially? I'd guess the first spot that would make sense as a start (outside of us at 4 obviously lol) is the Lions at 8 , whereas Ravens the pick after 24 could have taken Jacobs, imo.

Ravens were going WR since day one, it is by far the worst WR core in the NFL and they don’t have a 2nd Round pick. 

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Ravens were going WR since day one, it is by far the worst WR core in the NFL and they don’t have a 2nd Round pick. 

When hasn't it been one of the worst corps though lol? Anquan Boldin + Torrey Smith like when Hollywood Brown was in middle school lol?

Archived