2019 Packers Defense Would You Look At It? Just Look At It!

MacReady

3 hours ago, cannondale said:

Since Gary has been asked not to make plays his entire football career, anything near a sack or qb pressure would have to be considered a discipline issue

I don't know,. He had a 100 pressures, most of them as a teenager, at UM. That's a lot of discipline issues.

3 hours ago, cannondale said:

Since Gary has been asked not to make plays his entire football career, anything near a sack or qb pressure would have to be considered a discipline issue

Mods, where do I file Request for Compensation Report? The sarcasm from Cannondale dripped off the post and cracked my screen and now there’s something wrong with ittttttttttttt

8 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The Bears blew a stunt, that's all it was.

Dude, you have no posting integrity at all.  You just spin everything to fit your agenda.

The Bears didn't blow a stunt. The O-linemen played their spots. It was Gary's freakish athletic ability that made the play.  He went up field like four yards before he looped inside. That setup the man to man blocking on the OL. Gary's ability to go that far up field and still get to the QB on the loop inside was a nice flash of exceptional athletic ability.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Donzo said:

I don't know,. He had a 100 pressures, most of them as a teenager, at UM. That's a lot of discipline issues.

I mean, that's basically 3 pressures per game, and that's assuming we're willing to give him the BOTD that his pressures came evenly across all competition levels and weren't slated against really bad teams like his sack production was. 

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

I mean, that's basically 3 pressures per game, and that's assuming we're willing to give him the BOTD that his pressures came evenly across all competition levels and weren't slated against really bad teams like his sack production was. 

Keep spinning that agenda my man... Shees.

Just now, Donzo said:

Dude, you have no posting integrity at all.  You just spin everything to fit your agenda.

The Bears didn't blow a stunt. The O-linemen played their spots. It was Gary's freakish athletic ability that made the play.  He went up field like four yards before he looped inside. That setup the man to man blocking on the OL. Gary's ability to go that far up field and still get to the QB on the loop inside was a nice flash of exceptional athletic ability.

I mean this legitimately, have you ever watched how an Offensive Line is supposed to handle T/E stunts? It's like how you switch on a PnR in basketball.

The offensive lineman are supposed to pass the defensive line off to each other when they switch gaps.

The Tackle is supposed to have enough depth that when the DT angles towards him, the Guard can push the DT in front of the Tackle rather than letting the DT set the equivalent of a basketball screen on the Guard's shoulder. The Tackle needs to "go under" the screen and stick with the screener (this is kinda where the analogy falls apart because when you go under a screen, you're not switching usually) rather than getting picked off.

When the Tackle has received the DT, the Guard then releases him and steps back into his original gap and catches the End who is rolling around the screen. 

When the Tackle doesn't get enough depth or the Guard fails to push the DT in front of the Tackle, you see what happens. The Guard can either stay with the End and let the DT run free to the QB on the curl, or he can peel off the DT to pick up the end and let the DT/Screener have a free run at the rim/QB, because the Tackle has no way of blocking a guy who is most of the way past him and on his inside shoulder.

In this instance, Whitehair stuck with Lowry who was setting the screen. Leno got picked off by the screen and Gary ran free. 

16 minutes ago, Donzo said:

Keep spinning that agenda my man... Shees.

Just making the point that 100 pressures over 34 games isn't some unfathomably great performance, especially when you consider the talent around him at Michigan. Good for him for getting those reps the second he stepped on campus, but this isn't a Bosa situation where dude was in the backfield on like every snap.

There's a reason PFF doesn't love the dude, and their entire formula is based on per/snap production for pass rushers. I'm not going to bat for PFF here, but that's another symptom. 

12 minutes ago, Golfman said:

It's not an agenda, it's an irrational inability to admit when he's wrong or come off of a bogus point of view. I actually feel a little bad for the guy to be honest. 

Oh, I wouldn't feel sorry for him. The is just message board stuff. I'm sure the young man is kickin' it real real good off the net.

For his spin about Gary, it was super weak. Gary's best game at UM probably came against Ohio State when he was 19.

17 minutes ago, Golfman said:

It's not an agenda, it's an irrational inability to admit when he's wrong or come off of a bogus point of view. I actually feel a little bad for the guy to be honest. 

You just watched the #12 pick in the draft play 6 total defensive snaps in an NFL game when one of our starters at his spot got exactly one snap off, and our #3 edge rusher got 23 snaps. And there's no "What-if?" thought?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I mean this legitimately, have you ever watched how an Offensive Line is supposed to handle T/E stunts? It's like how you switch on a PnR in basketball.

The offensive lineman are supposed to pass the defensive line off to each other when they switch gaps.

The Tackle is supposed to have enough depth that when the DT angles towards him, the Guard can push the DT in front of the Tackle rather than letting the DT set the equivalent of a basketball screen on the Guard's shoulder. The Tackle needs to "go under" the screen and stick with the screener (this is kinda where the analogy falls apart because when you go under a screen, you're not switching usually) rather than getting picked off.

When the Tackle has received the DT, the Guard then releases him and steps back into his original gap and catches the End who is rolling around the screen. 

When the Tackle doesn't get enough depth or the Guard fails to push the DT in front of the Tackle, you see what happens. The Guard can either stay with the End and let the DT run free to the QB on the curl, or he can peel off the DT to pick up the end and let the DT/Screener have a free run at the rim/QB, because the Tackle has no way of blocking a guy who is most of the way past him and on his inside shoulder.

In this instance, Whitehair stuck with Lowry who was setting the screen. Leno got picked off by the screen and Gary ran free. 

Dude, this is just a huge spin job. The fact that Gary pushed up field so far blew up the O-line set up for the stunt. The RT was setup up perfectly  as a one on one block. And, Lowry (another you like spin some hate on) didn't loop outside. He shot the 7 gap which also setup the Bears OL for one on one blocking.

1 minute ago, Donzo said:

Dude, this is just a huge spin job. The fact that Gary pushed up field so far blew up the O-line set up for the stunt. The RT was setup up perfectly  as a one on one block. And, Lowry (another you like spin some hate on) didn't loop outside. He shot the 7 gap which also setup the Bears OL for one on one blocking.

When I watch the clip, I don't see Gary pushing that far up field.  

I see a Bears OL that is totally gassed.

2 minutes ago, Donzo said:

Oh, I wouldn't feel sorry for him. The is just message board stuff. I'm sure the young man is kickin' it real real good off the net.

For his spin about Gary, it was super weak. Gary's best game at UM probably came against Ohio State when he was 19.

Gary's career sacks in College

Central Florida .5

Air Force .5

Indiana 1

Rutgers 1

Ohio State 2

South Carolina 1

Western Michigan 1

Nebraska 1

Indiana 1.5

+++

0 in 2 games against Michigan State

0 in 3 games against Penn State

0 in 2 games against Wisconsin

+++

The second best team Rashan Gary recorded a sack against was a 9-4 Will Muschamp SC team.

I don't even know who you would qualify as the 3rd best team.