2019 Packers Defense Would You Look At It? Just Look At It!

MacReady

Just now, cannondale said:

Why should they ? He's a Top 12 pick. 

That's funny. A top 12 pick, like he could have been the 3rd pick or something. He was the 12th pick.

Hey, maybe I'm wrong. Perspective and reasoning is overrated. So what if he is 21 y/o rookie, the same age Leonard Floyed was when he was a freshman at UGA, playing a position he doesn't know how to play. He's a top 12 pick, dammit! He needs to play like Reggie White right now, or we need to unleash hate on him!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, cannondale said:

What's the agenda ?  Does the person own the "I hate Gary" or the "I hate Randall" website ? By definition, agenda is "the underlying intentions or motives of a particular person or group." I don't understand what underlying intentions a person could have on a message board. 

Uh. To create and give voice to their own narrative? Pretty sure we see that every day here.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

What's the agenda ?  Does the person own the "I hate Gary" or the "I hate Randall" website ? By definition, agenda is "the underlying intentions or motives of a particular person or group." I don't understand what underlying intentions a person could have on a message board. 

Really? This is the nonsense you want to push?

Good grief, dude.

7 minutes ago, Donzo said:

That's funny. A top 12 pick, like he could have been the 3rd pick or something. He was the 12th pick.

Hey, maybe I'm wrong. Perspective and reasoning is overrated. So what if he is 21 y/o rookie, the same age Leonard Floyed was when he was a freshman at UGA, playing a position he doesn't know how to play. He's a top 12 pick, dammit! He needs to play like Reggie White right now, or we need to unleash hate on him!

Expectations are expectations. It certainly would be nice to get production out of a Top 12 pick before he demands his 100 million. Productive players on rookie deals is how you win championships

21 minutes ago, Donzo said:

I don't want to call posters out by name, but we're in the middle of talking about Gary and a poster's agenda to hate him. For another example of an agenda, just look at the recent Randal trade discussion- oy vey!

Is agenda your word for "opinion I dont agree with"? Its not like he's comin in out of left field to tell us how much Gary sucks, there needs to be a temper put on excitement or we'll turn into Vikings fans claiming Bridgewater is better than Aaron Rodgers, or believing their line is ok.

I wouldn't count a stunt as a + for the player. Normally you run stunts because it's not getting done straight up, you'd rather win by confusion. It's a longer path to the QB.

The Randall trade is a legit discussion because it had detractors out the gate and he's still a good player, the "vet board of players" are all gone, the coach is gone and our compensation is gone. There were other avenues. Randall didnt HAVE to go, he wasnt being AB. If Leonhard was able to be a long term starter for Pettine I'm sure Randall couldve gotten it done. Though I'll admit having Savage now is pretty sweet. Still take DA over Tramon though.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Packer_ESP said:

But it's not just "an" opinion, it's the opposite of "their" opinion, which makes it an agenda.

Apparently. It's much more dramatic and easier to discredit someone if they have an agenda......I guess

Edited by cannondale
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Is agenda your word for "opinion I dont agree with"? Its not like he's comin in out of left field to tell us how much Gary sucks, there needs to be a temper put on excitement or we'll turn into Vikings fans claiming Bridgewater is better than Aaron Rodgers, or believing their line is ok.

I wouldn't count a stunt as a + for the player. Normally you run stunts because it's not getting done straight up, you'd rather win by confusion. It's a longer path to the QB.

The Randall trade is a legit discussion because it had detractors out the gate and he's still a good player, the "vet board of players" are all gone, the coach is gone and our compensation is gone. There were other avenues. Randall didnt HAVE to go, he wasnt being AB. If Leonhard was able to be a long term starter for Pettine I'm sure Randall couldve gotten it done. Though I'll admit having Savage now is pretty sweet. Still take DA over Tramon though.

I understand tempering excitement. But I'm also not seeing the 'excitement' or 'hype' that people are trying to temper. Dude played six snaps and hit the QB on one of them. No one's anointing him, just pointing it out.