2018 NFL Draft - The Home Stretch

swede700

1 minute ago, disaacs said:

Now I didn't have him dropping to day 3, but he was almost guaranteed to drop to Day 2 at minimum once that news dropped.  The heart is nothing to mess with, so they certainly can't invest a high pick into him.  Remember Gaines Adams?  His heart issue was never detected...so the fact that they detected Hurst's took him off my list immediately. 

Hasn’t seemed to be an issue for Star Lotulelei

31 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Hasn’t seemed to be an issue for Star Lotulelei

Fair point, but it did come out prior to the draft that his issue was a temporary issue caused by a virus and not unusual.  We have gotten no such confirmation on Hurst.  

Whom, if they fell for some reason or another would you be fine with the Vikings taking that might be a bit out of the norm of what we've been looking at? By that, I mean, not an OG/OT or another position that you'd consider likely for the Vikings to take.

For example, if Tremaine Edmunds well to the Vikings, would you draft him?

4 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Whom, if they fell for some reason or another would you be fine with the Vikings taking that might be a bit out of the norm of what we've been looking at? By that, I mean, not an OG/OT or another position that you'd consider likely for the Vikings to take.

That's tough...I would probably say Calvin Ridley or Marcus Davenport.  Also, any of the secondary players, Fitzpatrick, James or Ward. 

6 hours ago, disaacs said:

Now I didn't have him dropping to day 3, but he was almost guaranteed to drop to Day 2 at minimum once that news dropped.  The heart is nothing to mess with, so they certainly can't invest a high pick into him.  Remember Gaines Adams?  His heart issue was never detected...so the fact that they detected Hurst's took him off my list immediately. 

Exactly.  I don't think anyone can ignore his talent but with the heart condition I just don't see how anyone could use anything higher than a 3rd round pick on him but can definitely see & understand how people will take him completely off their boards.  I totally forgot about Adams though but remember being very high on him, such a sad story.  I'm not sure if you or anyone knows but how did his heart condition go undetected?  Is there different tests they run now or was it just one of those freak incidents?

1 hour ago, The Gnat said:

I probably sound like a broken record but Calvin Ridley for sure others would be either LB(Edmunds or Smith) or Lamar Jackson

Archived