2018 NFL Draft - The Home Stretch

swede700

4 hours ago, Boda said:

Yes Clemmings was a 4th round pick but there were several people especially in this forum who wanted him to us in the 1st round.  Once the draft ends I don't believe Miller will end up being drafted any higher than round 2 & I still think thats atleast a round too early.

Well that is a little much to have Clemmings that high of a draft pick, 4th round was ok value for such a raw player.  Sure do not have Miller as a 1st rounder but the kid is talented and a far better pass protector than Clemmings as I feel.  If Clemmings was better in pass pro he would probably still be on the Vikings, and having him at guard did not really work either.  Still they need OT and need one badly, sure Williams would be nice to have but arguably he is a better OG than OT, will see.    Could go with Brian O'Neill as well, I would be ok with that but do feel Miller has more upside, or Orlando Brown in the 2nd I would not mind, but doubt he falls that far in the 2nd.  

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

Holton Hill is tall (6'1 5/8"), long (32" arms, 77" wingspan) and big (200 pounds), plus fast (4.49 40) and quick (6.83 3-cone). Vert was only 31" but he's otherwise an impressive athlete. PFF graded him highly in coverage and he allowed a passer rating against of only 48.1 last year.  He's a good tackler. 

Problem is he was suspended for breaking some unspecified team rules, and his maturity has been questioned. Vikings had him visit for the top 30 event, so they would have had a chance to go over the character questions with him at some length in person. 

Highlights look really good. Makes a bunch of tackles in the run game, on screens and in space. 

3 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Hill was suspended for failing multiple drug tests while at Texas. 

Multiple as in 9+, Matt Miller had it on his podcast the other day. Never received discipline until the new coach this year. 

Hill is 1st round corner without the off the field issues.

4 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Well that is a little much to have Clemmings that high of a draft pick, 4th round was ok value for such a raw player. 

if i remember correctly clemmings fell so far not only because he was raw but also because he had issues with his knee(s). without the knee issue he probably would've gone in round two or three.

5 hours ago, byuvike88 said:

If there is anyway to get him outside of round 2, I'd be ecstatic!

If there's any way to get him inside of round 2 I'd be ecstatic! The thing with a heart issue is it's probably not changing, so the medical staff either cleared him or they didn't. If they cleared him there great, take him wherever you can get him. If they didn't clear him, they probably won't take him anywhere.

1 hour ago, vikestyle said:

If there's any way to get him inside of round 2 I'd be ecstatic! The thing with a heart issue is it's probably not changing, so the medical staff either cleared him or they didn't. If they cleared him there great, take him wherever you can get him. If they didn't clear him, they probably won't take him anywhere.

But if they cleared him and they believe that the rest of the league is going to let him drop, they might move him down and try to get more value out of the pick. 

9 hours ago, Boda said:

Just as I predicted weeks ago(Hurst) will find out if Im correct in less than a week

Now I didn't have him dropping to day 3, but he was almost guaranteed to drop to Day 2 at minimum once that news dropped.  The heart is nothing to mess with, so they certainly can't invest a high pick into him.  Remember Gaines Adams?  His heart issue was never detected...so the fact that they detected Hurst's took him off my list immediately. 

Archived