Lions Select S Will Harris #81 Overall

davisblack

9 minutes ago, Typical_Lions said:

Not a bad player and not far off from his draft grade but really wonder if they needed to move up to grab him. Also, who the heck is playing FS for the Lions next year and beyond? Seems like Will Harris is more of a SS type.

I think the highest Ive seen him ranked is 99. 

I don't know why they drafted him much less moved up for him. Numerous boards have him ranked way lower than 99.

I haven’t a clue what Quinn is doing this draft.

If this team doesn't make the playoffs (currently I don’t think they can) I hope the entire front office and coaching staffs are looking for work.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

I don't know why they drafted him much less moved up for him. Numerous boards have him ranked way lower than 99.

I haven’t a clue what Quinn is doing this draft.

If this team doesn't make the playoffs (currently I don’t think they can) I hope the entire front office and coaching staffs are looking for work.

Agreed.  This is a effin disaster.  We are spending premium resources on depth and special team players.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HashtagFTW said:

I think we are overreacting. Sure this isn’t a sexy draft, but BQ hasn’t had a bad draft since he’s been here and every one of them has been stacked with boring picks and people nobody knows that turn out to be rather productive. 

Decker has been very slightly above average.  Davis had a decent year but is awful in coverage, Ragnow was in the bottom third of the leagu in guard play last year (10th most pressures from a guard).  Tabor has been awful.  

He has drafted Golliday and Kerryon who look good.  But still have a lot to prove. Tracey Walker has a lot to prove if he is the starter.  Quinn has proven very little IMO other than he drafts average players in the first and seems to reach for guys we have never heard of which has taken a fringe playoff team and made us 6-10 again.  

On ‎27‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 1:25 AM, NFL_Fan said:

We got a TE that will get 500 yards 5 TDS...a LB that will play special teams....and a safety that will play special teams...but they are all versatile...smh...and lmao...

The team specifically wants guys that will make plays on the field and be able to contribute to special teams. Quinn has said it openly - anyone past the first two rounds has to be able to also contribute on special teams. It is a factor in the game and it does play into field position. Until the league just goes to an Offense-Defense game, Special Teams plays a role.