Star Wars episode VIII: The Last Jedi

Breesus mode

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

If I were WB, I'd just move WW up a couple weeks to Dec 6.  That'd give it a 3 week cushion before the box office gets Star Wars'd.  Either that or position it to open on Thanksgiving weekend.

I know studios try to wait until the 2nd weekend of December because that's when students are out of school.  If you look at the biggest December movies ever, only 3 of the top 50 were released before December 10th (The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, Beverly Hills Cop, Ocean's Eleven).  Now this would only really hurt the opening weekend number, but with how much weight people put behind opening weekends and how it can affect the public's perception, it makes sense to make the biggest 1st impact.

The end of November 2019 is pretty stacked already with a Fox/Marvel movie set for November 22nd (could easily move with how often they change plans) and Frozen 2 on November 27th.  Early November only really has James Bond 25.

On 9/7/2017 at 8:59 AM, BroncosFan2010 said:

:x

He would be a freaking unreal choice. Children of Men remains a top 5 sci-fi movie to me. He seems to be very, very meticlious and picky with his work though (7 years between Children of Men and Gravity). He seems to have used Azkaban as a way into bigger budgets that he can hand pick himself. IDK if Star Wars would be on his mind, but I have no doubt he would be fantastic. Levels and levels above JJ Abrams and his sci-fy template style.

He's a good director. Loved The Little Princess, Gravity was pretty decent h/e he made an epic blunder by allowing that charlatan to play Dumbledore. So many other choices he could have gone with.

• 4 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

Rian Johnson said you want to go into the movie with a clean slate to not watch the trailer. Not sure if it means theirs some spoilers in the trailer or not.

It have the same amount spoiler of every other trailer that gets released.

Here is the director’s quote for those curious. It applies to every trailer ever, but not specific to this one. If you normally watch trailers watch it. If you don’t want trailers, skip it. This 2 minutes won’t make or ruin the movie for you 

Archived