Star Wars episode VIII: The Last Jedi

Breesus mode

2 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

I think you are fighting against some unseen argument here. No one is saying that he cant be the strongest Jedi ever. And certainly no one is saying that Kylo or Rey should be surpassing him right now. (BUT I will say, that he would not have been taken down by Kylo or fear Rey's power if he himself didnt deep down know that they could be stronger than him). My point is, we are no longer telling a Luke Skywalker Story. Yes he is part of the story (a charachter that big will always influence, just like Vader) but this is a new set of stories. 

Oh, I suppose I misread what you replied with.

He needs to be hands down the strongest character in this story.

You replied to this quote of mine with "Why?" so I interpreted that as asking why he needs to be the strongest.

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

You replied to this quote of mine with "Why?" so I interpreted that as asking why he needs to be the strongest.

Well when you say "strongest character" when referring to, you know characters in a film, doesnt really sound like you are talking about the strength of his Jedi powers.

Just now, StLunatic88 said:

Well when you say "strongest character" when referring to, you know characters in a film, doesnt really sound like you are talking about the strength of his Jedi powers.

Well I said strongest character, not main character. :P

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

I'm a huge Star Wars fan. Will be at the first movie showing as always on Thursday Night (the only movies I have done this for are Episode I, II, III, VII, Rouge One and nothing besides Star Wars)

However, I had mixed feelings on Episode VII and feel like Episode VIII will be very predictable. Kylo and Rey end up teaming vs Snoke toward the end. Hope to god i'm wrong. Disney have shown me little faith they care about anything but young kids watching their movies. They want to make these kids hooked young and then don't care about them. Disney is like a Tobacco company. Yes, I just frickin compared Disney to a Tobacco company :P

Hope im wrong and Episode VIII is amazing and unpredictable. Please. Please please please. 

9 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I'm a huge Star Wars fan. Will be at the first movie showing as always on Thursday Night (the only movies I have done this for are Episode I, II, III, VII, Rouge One and nothing besides Star Wars)

However, I had mixed feelings on Episode VII and feel like Episode VIII will be very predictable. Kylo and Rey end up teaming vs Snoke toward the end. Hope to god i'm wrong. Disney have shown me little faith they care about anything but young kids watching their movies. They want to make these kids hooked young and then don't care about them. Disney is like a Tobacco company. Yes, I just frickin compared Disney to a Tobacco company :P

Hope im wrong and Episode VIII is amazing and unpredictable. Please. Please please please. 

Well it wouldn't surprise me one bit. 

Preferrably I would like to see the story line where Ben is able to achieve his potential as a darkside user, kill Snoke and assume the role of ultimate baddy in the galaxy. 

It would make for a better story when we find out Rey is a Skywalker, which would explain her "raw strength". And unlike Luke who succeeded in saving Anakin. She ultimately fails and has to save the galaxy by killing her own family. Being trapped between a rock and a hard place so  to speak.

15 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Well it wouldn't surprise me one bit. 

Preferrably I would like to see the story line where Ben is able to achieve his potential as a darkside user, kill Snoke and assume the role of ultimate baddy in the galaxy. 

It would make for a better story when we find out Rey is a Skywalker, which would explain her "raw strength". And unlike Luke who succeeded in saving Anakin. She ultimately fails and has to save the galaxy by killing her own family. Being trapped between a rock and a hard place so  to speak.

I'd rather her be a Kenobi than a Skywalker.

7 minutes ago, The Third Rider said:

When snoke says "fulfill your destiny..." I think he is talking to Rey, they might be related somehow. I don't think she is Skywalker's child either. Her power also scares Luke, another sign.

He's talking to Kylo. Editing misdirections are there in droves in the trailer.

She's probably the forces's second kid left on a desert planert with parental issues. 

Archived