Star Wars episode VIII: The Last Jedi

Breesus mode

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

The past would be so, so, so stupid.  Why would I care about a threat that died 100 years before Sidious made a whole new threat?  Or a hero who defeated an enemy only to have a bigger enemy get right back to power 100 years later? 

I don't want Star Wars to EVER go back in a trilogy again. 

They'll do it at some point to flesh out the universe, wouldn't mind going back a few thousand years so they can flesh out the history of star wars a little bit since we know next to nothing about anything before the prequel era.

Just now, OleXmad said:

They'll do it at some point to flesh out the universe, wouldn't mind going back a few thousand years so they can flesh out the history of star wars a little bit since we know next to nothing about anything before the prequel era.

Who cares about before the prequel trilogy?  Don't say you.  You don't count.  Neither does anyone who says they care about before the prequel trilogy. 

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

Who cares about before the prequel trilogy?  Don't say you.  You don't count.  Neither does anyone who says they care about before the prequel trilogy. 

You do realize without the prequels we wouldn't have half of the good star wars material we have now right? They're bad movies but people still love them. 

Either way wasn't talking about the prequels was talking KOTOR, go play these.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/32370/STAR_WARS__Knights_of_the_Old_Republic/

http://store.steampowered.com/app/208580/STAR_WARS_Knights_of_the_Old_Republic_II__The_Sith_Lords/

and tell me after that you don't want a movie about the old era of star wars.

Just now, OleXmad said:

Either way wasn't talking about the prequels was talking KOTOR, go play these.

Don't insult me.  I have both of them plus an original Xbox solely to play those games.  I play through the first one probably once every five years.  Second one is meh, but the problem with those is... I know the twist. 

And anything that happens 1,000 years ago is just going to feel unimportant considering we know what happens 1,000 years later.  It's why I hate war movies.  I know who wins. 

14 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Don't insult me.  I have both of them plus an original Xbox solely to play those games.  I play through the first one probably once every five years.  Second one is meh, but the problem with those is... I know the twist. 

And anything that happens 1,000 years ago is just going to feel unimportant considering we know what happens 1,000 years later.  It's why I hate war movies.  I know who wins. 

This is pretty silly.  There have been interesting movies about ancient Rome, and interesting movies about World War II.  They have nothing to do with each other but were in the same area in a much different time period.  

Just now, MKnight82 said:

This is pretty silly.  There have been interesting movies about ancient Rome, and interesting movies about World War II.  They have nothing to do with each other but were in the same area in a much different time period.  

Yeah, I know.  I'm being selfish.  Let me be selfish. 

2 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

The past would be so, so, so stupid.  Why would I care about a threat that died 100 years before Sidious made a whole new threat?  Or a hero who defeated an enemy only to have a bigger enemy get right back to power 100 years later? 

Stupid? Star Wars isn't about one character. Its about the whole universe. I think it needs a little more fleshed out.

Don't get me wrong. I can understand why you'd be disappointed. I just think long term this helps SW, not hurts it.

7 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Why would it be dumb just because it was the past? Cycles will always repeat. It's not like Luke defeated the dark side forever nor will Rey. And I would definitely say the dark side during the old republic days are when they were at their strongest. It's like seeing the enemy in their prime and sooo many interesting characters. Way more interesting than Sidious. Revan is probably the most popular Star Wars character ever that's never been in a movie or TV. Sidious might be the strongest ever (quite arguable though) but there is way more interesting Sith Lords to explore in the past. 

13 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Why would it be dumb just because it was the past? Cycles will always repeat. It's not like Luke defeated the dark side forever nor will Rey. And I would definitely say the dark side during the old republic days are when they were at their strongest. It's like seeing the enemy in their prime and sooo many interesting characters. Way more interesting than Sidious. Revan is probably the most popular Star Wars character ever that's never been in a movie or TV. Sidious might be the strongest ever (quite arguable though) but there is way more interesting Sith Lords to explore in the past. 

A trilogy with multiple Sith trying to wrestle power from one another while also fighting the Jedi would be a new twist.  Far more interesting than the Jedi focused on just one Master and apprentice.  The politics weaved into those storylines have the potential to be awesome playing out on the screen.

I think people worried about canon are whiners.  Why is it so hard to just accept the 8 movies as the only official canon.

Also, they're not adapting Knights of the Old Republic.  The twist would be spoiled before they filmed the first scene.  What we should really be hoping for is a new Knights of the Old Republic game. 

Archived