Star Wars episode VIII: The Last Jedi

Breesus mode

2 hours ago, scar988 said:

I'd rather her be a Kenobi than a Skywalker.

If she was a Kenobi, no way would she be strong with the force like Ren. The Skywalkers are basically the royal bloodline of The Force. Its what makes each of them so special. Its why the original trilogy almost entirely surrounded that entire family. 

I would rather her be related to Sidious who was at least renowned for his force strength. Kenobi never was, he was a great Jedi b3cause of his wisdom, resourcefulness, cunning and perseverance. 

2 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

If she was a Kenobi, no way would she be strong with the force like Ren. The Skywalkers are basically the royal bloodline of The Force. Its what makes each of them so special. Its why the original trilogy almost entirely surrounded that entire family. 

I would rather her be related to Sidious who was at least renowned for his force strength. Kenobi never was, he was a great Jedi b3cause of his wisdom, resourcefulness, cunning and perseverance. 

That would be an interesting twist.

3 hours ago, scar988 said:

That would be an interesting twist.

You know I am beginning to wonder. What if Luke had become so wise and so powerful he had finally unlocked Darth Plagueis secrets of manipulating life with the force and he managed to create Rey for some reason? 

15 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

The Skywalkers are basically the royal bloodline of The Force.

This can't be said enough.  People need to remember that the paterfamilias of the family was essentially created by the Force to begin with considering Anakin's mom said there was no father.  The familial line literally sprang forth from the Force.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/13/2017 at 8:58 AM, THE DUKE said:

This can't be said enough.  People need to remember that the paterfamilias of the family was essentially created by the Force to begin with considering Anakin's mom said there was no father.  The familial line literally sprang forth from the Force.

This is one of the worst things about star wars.... I really hope they don't do this again in the Last Jedi. 

Story wise it makes a lot of sense for Sidious/Plageuis to will life into creation and thus the force creates anakin for balance and all that but it's so god damn tacky. 

Hopefully Rey's parent/parent/grandparent isn't Luke/Obi Wan/someone extremely obvious.

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I was worried it would take a good five to ten years before they did another trilogy.  I have to assume that this next trilogy will deal with an outside threat and not be another Jedi versus Sith trilogy. 

I read it will be off in some other corner of the galaxy and unrelated to the Skywalkers, so I would assume so.

3 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I read it will be off in some other corner of the galaxy and unrelated to the Skywalkers, so I would assume so.

Rey, Finn, Poe and probably more are going to be in the new trilogy depending on who survives, so I doubt it completely ignores the part of the galaxy we all know.  Isn't there an enemy in the books or other stuff that comes from a different galaxy to attack?  It would be pretty cool if it was like an invasion trilogy. 

30 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Rey, Finn, Poe and probably more are going to be in the new trilogy depending on who survives, so I doubt it completely ignores the part of the galaxy we all know.  Isn't there an enemy in the books or other stuff that comes from a different galaxy to attack?  It would be pretty cool if it was like an invasion trilogy. 

I'd rather it be a completely new trilogy 100 years in the past or future. Give us all new characters that have nothing at all to do with Skywalkers.

5 minutes ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

I'd rather it be a completely new trilogy 100 years in the past or future. Give us all new characters that have nothing at all to do with Skywalkers.

Please... Old Republic trilogy! Fans have been asking this forever. So many amazing characters and so many siths at once.

Just now, O'Doyle Rules said:

The past would be so, so, so stupid.  Why would I care about a threat that died 100 years before Sidious made a whole new threat?  Or a hero who defeated an enemy only to have a bigger enemy get right back to power 100 years later? 

I don't want Star Wars to EVER go back in a trilogy again. 

Archived