#1 Golden St Warriors vs #4 Houston Rockets | 2019 West Semifinals

Texansfan713

4 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Congratulations to Kevin Durant for proving once again that he's the most inconsequential superstar EVER when it comes to the success of his team.

Way to go!

This is a bad take. It was one game. Warriors wanted it more last night. They out hustled the rockets from the jump. 

KD not being there made the rest of the team have more focus. If he was on any other team, you wouldn't be saying this. It's only because the warriors have other great players 

44 minutes ago, N4L said:

This is a bad take. It was one game. Warriors wanted it more last night. They out hustled the rockets from the jump. 

KD not being there made the rest of the team have more focus. If he was on any other team, you wouldn't be saying this. It's only because the warriors have other great players 

I'm not denying Durant is one of the 2 or 3 best players in the league, but no true superstar has ever had as little impact on his team's results.

I know I wouldn't be saying this if he weren't on the Warriors...that's my point.

Just now, seminoles1 said:

I'm not denying Durant is one of the 2 or 3 best players in the league, but no true superstar has ever had as little impact on his team's results.

I know I wouldn't be saying this if he weren't on the Warriors...that's my point.

Your point makes no sense. 

If Durant was on a worse team, then he'd have a 'bigger impact', but that doesnt make him somehow less of a player. It would just mean that he is on a worse team. 

I'll say it again because you seemed to have just glossed over it, but it was just one game. A game where the rockets got out hustled. So by your logic Durant is 'inconsequential' because the Rockets got out hustled in one game? 

I mean seriously, that is the point you are making?

1 minute ago, N4L said:

Your point makes no sense. 

If Durant was on a worse team, then he'd have a 'bigger impact', but that doesnt make him somehow less of a player. It would just mean that he is on a worse team. 

I'll say it again because you seemed to have just glossed over it, but it was just one game. A game where the rockets got out hustled. So by your logic Durant is 'inconsequential' because the Rockets got out hustled in one game? 

I mean seriously, that is the point you are making?

The Warriors are 25-1 in their last 26 without Durant but with Curry. So no, it's not just 1 game.

My point is Durant is a luxury, and his presence on the Warriors does a disservice to his abilities. There is no elite player EVER who could miss time like this and his team just keep chugging along like it's no big deal.

His impact on the game is neutered and that's a shame.

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

There is no elite player EVER who could miss time like this and his team just keep chugging along like it's no big deal.

The Warriors are (one of) the best team(s) in the history of sports. This statement holds no water whatsoever. 

2 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

His impact on the game is neutered and that's a shame.

.... did you watch any of the other playoff games this year or did you just watch last night? Because Durant has been carrying this team for a while now. Seriously, were you or anyone else saying this a few days ago? NO. He is basically unanimously considered the best player in the world right now because he has been playing lights out. Without Durant going god mode, they might have gone 7 games against the clippers and they certainly would not have been up 3-2 heading into last night. He was a big part of that game 5 win, even with missing all of the fourth. 

Its not his fault that the team feels a void without him on the court and therefore everyone else plays their A game. The team gets complacent with Durant on the court sometimes because he is such a dominant safety net. 

People create the narrative to fit their own agenda. Look at it objectively and tell me that Durant has no impact on the game. 

Again, this is the hill you are prepared to die on? That durant's impact on the game is inconsequential? gtfo of here with that 

8 minutes ago, N4L said:

The Warriors are (one of) the best team(s) in the history of sports. This statement holds no water whatsoever. 

.... did you watch any of the other playoff games this year or did you just watch last night? Because Durant has been carrying this team for a while now. Seriously, were you or anyone else saying this a few days ago? NO. He is basically unanimously considered the best player in the world right now because he has been playing lights out. Without Durant going god mode, they might have gone 7 games against the clippers and they certainly would not have been up 3-2 heading into last night. He was a big part of that game 5 win, even with missing all of the fourth. 

Its not his fault that the team feels a void without him on the court and therefore everyone else plays their A game. The team gets complacent with Durant on the court sometimes because he is such a dominant safety net. 

People create the narrative to fit their own agenda. Look at it objectively and tell me that Durant has no impact on the game. 

Again, this is the hill you are prepared to die on? That durant's impact on the game is inconsequential? gtfo of here with that 

I know, and then Durant joined them. Thus his impact is lessened. Not a hard concept.

I've been saying this for 3 years, bud. This isn't anything new from me.

I didn't say he's inconsequential, I said he's the most inconsequential superstar ever because of where he chose to play.

You're not saying anything. You're creating fake issues the Warriors might deal with without Durant when the team has proven over and over again that the issues wouldn't be there.

They might...they would...what if...no. Durant is absolutely one of the best players in the league and it's easy to see that on the Warriors or not, but his true impact is neutered because of the team he chose. The Warriors have proven that over and over again. 

The media hatred for the rockets is intense. NO ONE predicted the rockets to win this series. Even after the Durant injury only 1 of the dozen espn analysis predicted the rockets to win this series. Yet all they want to talk about is the rockets blowing it. 

We were the 4 seed playing the 4 time conference champs and 3 time nba champs. I wanted a win but seriously why is this such a big deal? The warriors have won 17 of their last 18 series and no one has been hated on a series much as this series. 

Weve heard for 4 years that the warriors are better than the rockets and suddenly it’s like “look told you so” like we’ve not known all along. 

16 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

The media hatred for the rockets is intense. NO ONE predicted the rockets to win this series. Even after the Durant injury only 1 of the dozen espn analysis predicted the rockets to win this series. Yet all they want to talk about is the rockets blowing it. 

We were the 4 seed playing the 4 time conference champs and 3 time nba champs. I wanted a win but seriously why is this such a big deal? The warriors have won 17 of their last 18 series and no one has been hated on a series much as this series. 

Weve heard for 4 years that the warriors are better than the rockets and suddenly it’s like “look told you so” like we’ve not known all along. 

Stop, they had their chances in game 5 and 6. All this talk at wanting the Warriors and if they were healthy they would have won last year etc. Well, you got the Warriors minus two starters and minus their best player and still proceeded to lose. Came with some bad energy in a must win game 6 and couldn't seize the opportunity. Damn near everyone picked them to win Game 6. This is just more of an understanding of what the team is and how they won't ever likely get over the hump. This was their chance without KD and they ended up falling short… like always. 

23 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Stop, they had their chances in game 5 and 6. All this talk at wanting the Warriors and if they were healthy they would have won last year etc. Well, you got the Warriors minus two starters and minus their best player and still proceeded to lose. Came with some bad energy in a must win game 6 and couldn't seize the opportunity. Damn near everyone picked them to win Game 6. This is just more of an understanding of what the team is and how they won't ever likely get over the hump. This was their chance without KD and they ended up falling short… like always. 

falling short like every other team. No one has been able to  beat them, so why are the rockets trashed so much for being the only team to almost beat them?

I am as disappointed as anyone, but its not like the Rockets just collapsed. We got everything we wanted. Big games from Harden and CP3. Won rebounding, and had fewer turnovers. At the end of the day one of the greatest of all time just beat us. the last two seasons we are 5-8 against a top 5 team ever in the playoffs and 12-3 against everyone else. Its not like we are the thunder blowing series after series that we are picked to win. 

In fact we haven't lost a series we were picked to win in the MDA era. The closest was the Spurs series 3 years ago, but even then it was split on who the favorite was going in. 

The fact that Golden State takes so much pleasure in beating us, shows we have been the only team to give them a run now in 10 post season series. 

35 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

falling short like every other team. No one has been able to  beat them, so why are the rockets trashed so much for being the only team to almost beat them?

I am as disappointed as anyone, but its not like the Rockets just collapsed. We got everything we wanted. Big games from Harden and CP3. Won rebounding, and had fewer turnovers. At the end of the day one of the greatest of all time just beat us. the last two seasons we are 5-8 against a top 5 team ever in the playoffs and 12-3 against everyone else. Its not like we are the thunder blowing series after series that we are picked to win. 

In fact we haven't lost a series we were picked to win in the MDA era. The closest was the Spurs series 3 years ago, but even then it was split on who the favorite was going in. 

The fact that Golden State takes so much pleasure in beating us, shows we have been the only team to give them a run now in 10 post season series. 

Because the Rockets players have convinced themselves that they could beat the Warriors. They conducted an audit into the officiating last year, the whole Chris Paul injury last year too, your GM had expressed his obsession in trying to beat the Warriors . Come on let’s not act it’s come out of left field. Your right no other team has come nearly as close as you guys but in that same token nobody has been more confident and outspoken about their chances.

1 hour ago, dante9876 said:

Lol pastor trying to sell that a 7.5 favorite wasnt suppose to win last night is truly some funny stuff. 

LOL right. And this a team that had little no depth missing two of its starters. Trying to sell it as anything but a disappointment is hilarious. This team WITHOUT KD is not a top 5-8 team of all time and the series was there for the taking for Houston once he got hurt. Tie game entering the 4th in game 5 and they just couldn't close the deal. 

Archived