> 2020 Draft Prospect Thread <

TheRealMcCoy

22 minutes ago, Danger said:

Hate to say it but Jefferson in large part strikes me as 1. A product of joe Brady's system. and 2. Completely not a fit on our team

Don't agree with number one at all... Can't fault a guy for being a part of an offense that was quite frankly the best offense of all time at that level. When you actually watch him play, to me, it is clear why he is moving so quickly up draft boards. He is a WAYYY better route runner than people here give him credit for. He can play in a 12 personnel package & still get open in a twins (as slot)/stacked formation as I have seen that as the main reason why he isn't a "fit" for our team. Jefferson is fully capable of running a flood concept at the second or third level (which we will hopefully be running more wide zone play action/naked boot flood concepts with Scangarello here). He is absolutely capable of sticking his foot in the ground at the second level and stretch his route vertically if the safeties are starting to overplay the crossers (lots of teams call this a "BLAZE" route).

What I just gave you is his competence in what I believe he can still provide in a 12 personnel formation. When we talk about his ability in the slot, his tape speaks for itself. Tough as heck/fearless over the middle, can play thru contact & has strong play strength, great hands, absurd ability to react instinctively w/ his routes & find holes in the zone, great at reading the leverage of hook curl LB'ers, can make plays after the catch, still can make mid-air adjustments in 1v1 situations as an added bonus. It confuses me when I see people skeptical on Jefferson. He can FLAT OUT play and would be an amazing pick if he is there at 21 (which I'm thinking he won't). 

Edited by Wentz you dog you

Just now, nlesthought said:

LOL good try...I watched him line up at Z as well right before the 1 min mark...you said not a Z. OSU put him all over to put their best player in different positions. 

There are multiple ways of classifying WR's by that typical nomenclature. 

Traditional. Where the Z lines up on the right side of the QB, and the X on the left. Or the more modern way in which WRs are moving all over the field where Z is the guy who creates more separation and has more quickness, and X who is the big body rebounding type. 

Regardless of whether or not that's the case. He's not "Just a slot guy" as you were previously asserting. I have 4th round grade on him myself and would love to see him in Philly at 127 or later.

AhLChrp.png

In a trade down situation. I really like how this turned out. Kyle Murphy isn't a Tackle he's an interior lineman who's good in space, fits what we like to do in the run game. Maybe push Seumalo, or replace Kelce whenever he retires. Though not sure how he'd do at Center.

Edited by Danger

10 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Fair. That's where I'm at with Mims lol.

Their situations didn't lend themselves well to producing or showing their full potential.

I just hope having a new WR coach can bring out the best in whoever we draft though. Seeing whatever the hell JJAW was attempting to do out there scarred me.

The thing that made me like Mims was tentar for as simple as Baylor was, you can see a lot of advanced techniques by Mims. Like how he uses his hands, how he positions his body. Will delay his hands and get them out quick to ****** the ball. Also when you watch full games  on him you can see him setting CBs up to fail with how he runs his routes. Both within a route and over the course of the game. That’s the kind of stuff that made me really like him.

I think I just need to watch like a full snap cutup of Reagor. Only saw a receptions one I think.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

There are multiple ways of classifying WR's by that typical nomenclature. 

Traditional. Where the Z lines up on the right side of the QB, and the X on the left. Or the more modern way in which WRs are moving all over the field where Z is the guy who creates more separation and has more quickness, and X who is the big body rebounding type. 

Regardless of whether or not that's the case. He's not "Just a slot guy" as you were previously asserting. I have 4th round grade on him myself and would love to see him in Philly at 127 or later.

Traditional sense X is on the LOS and Z is off the line but that's besides the point, he lined up as an X in college as well as Z and in the slot as I mentioned earlier, I don't see him having much success as an X. He seems like a much less athletic JMatt. Call it a lazy comp but he needs to be schemed/a free release to beat man coverage at the next level. He does a good job sitting in soft zones where you see a lot of that in that highlight. 

17 minutes ago, Danger said:

The PFF board really is not good. I selected not Random at all and the Giants take Tua. Cardinals take CeeDee. Dallas takes OT Josh Jones.

There are a lot of other questionable picks but really...?

Weird...the PFN one is fine, really the only thing that’s odd to me is some of the guys that are in the 7th round that I like as 5th rounders. But it’s not a huge deal.

• Like 1

Just now, Kiltman said:

Weird...the PFN one is fine, really the only thing that’s odd to me is some of the guys that are in the 7th round that I like as 5th rounders. But it’s not a huge deal.

Late rounds are a crapshoot though to be frank. You see crazy things happen there all the time. If you like a guy you take him honestly.

• Like 1