> 2020 Draft Prospect Thread <

TheRealMcCoy

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

It’s just that the need for WR is so desperate I can’t wrap my brain around another position 

You can justify picks at WR, S and even LB to some extent. You can not justify a pick of a lineman, given the needs we have. 

7 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

I'd like YGM more if we had a real defensive line coach. Guys kind of raw for our coaching staff.

Agreed. YGM has enormous potential, but our coaches probably won't develop him to his fullest.

2 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

It’s just that the need for WR is so desperate I can’t wrap my brain around another position 

Frankly it's been the same for me. I'll be disappointed with anything that isn't one of the big 3 in a trade up or Mims/Reagor in a trade down.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

linebacker isn't in a more desperate situation? I mean even if every linebacker stays healthy they are still bad.

If DeSean and Alshon play and stay healthy we are probably ok at receiver. 

7 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

linebacker isn't in a more desperate situation? I mean even if every linebacker stays healthy they are still bad.

If DeSean and Alshon play and stay healthy we are probably ok at receiver. 

LBers aren't a very important position. Treat it like how we viewed RB last year.

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

LBers aren't a very important position. Treat it like how we viewed RB last year.

last year we had some hope that bradham could hold down the 1 spot we usually have on the field. This year we don't even have that to pretend.

3 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

last year we had some hope that bradham could hold down the 1 spot we usually have on the field. This year we don't even have that to pretend.

Yeah so draft someone in round 2 or 3 or 4. Better than last year. No reason to reach on a guy in the first round. Unless somehow Simmons falls to like 15.

Edited by Danger

I think it’s way harder to find really good LBs than it is RBs. Feel like generally the only stars you get from later rounds are guys that had health or off field problems in college.

BWF was talking about how the hit rate for first round LBs is actually really good. Compared to WRs that bust a ton.

5 minutes ago, EaglesFan5-36-81 said:

What if wer stand pat at 21 take Mims and trade up in rd 2 and select a backer? 

Sure. I’m down if it’s Murray. 

I think my favorite play at this point is if Fulton, Mims and Reagor are there at #21...trade down to 24 and get a 3rd. Grab whichever one is still there. If none are there move back again with the Ravens. Either way you have extra 3rd round ammo to move up in the 2nd to get a WR or CB.

6 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I think it’s way harder to find really good LBs than it is RBs. Feel like generally the only stars you get from later rounds are guys that had health or off field problems in college.

BWF was talking about how the hit rate for first round LBs is actually really good. Compared to WRs that bust a ton.

I agree, running backs are easier to find, but perhaps it's because as Eagles fans we've been relatively spoiled at the position over the past couple decades with really good players if you eliminate the Chip Kelly stupidity(Duce, Westbrook, Shady, and now Miles and Boston Scott) where the last pro bowl backer we've had I'm pretty sure was Trotter (unless DeMeco made one in his time here, loved him,  TJ Edward's kinda reminds me of him) 

I think Edward's is going to be a player there, but Gerry sucks

Just now, EaglesFan5-36-81 said:

I agree, running backs are easier to find, but perhaps it's because as Eagles fans we've been relatively spoiled at the position over the past couple decades with really good players if you eliminate the Chip Kelly stupidity(Duce, Westbrook, Shady, and now Miles and Boston Scott) where the last pro bowl backer we've had I'm pretty sure was Trotter (unless DeMeco made one in his time here, loved him,  TJ Edward's kinda reminds me of him) 

I think Edward's is going to be a player there, but Gerry sucks

I little bit, but it’s league wide too. You can find RBs all over the draft and after to plug in. Might not be a versatile stud like Saquon, but can fill a niche for your squad. It’s just so much of an easier transition.

6 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I little bit, but it’s league wide too. You can find RBs all over the draft and after to plug in. Might not be a versatile stud like Saquon, but can fill a niche for your squad. It’s just so much of an easier transition.

I agree with that, just thinking out loud.

I think we need to address wideout first for the simple fact the lack of receiving weapons on the outside is sad. I dont want Wentz to go the majority of his career without talent on the outside. And that should be priority #1. I'd put linebacker second, and then safety and center are both positions we need some youth.

Also expectinga trade off Jefferey and of Douglas. I think Jefferey will be a salary dump style move for a late round swap, but I think Douglas could fetch 5th round value

• Like 2