> 2020 Draft Prospect Thread <

TheRealMcCoy

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

DeAndre Swift grew up an eagles fan. I like him even more now. 

Solid Philly area representation

Him, Jonathan Taylor, Cesar Ruiz should all be top 60 opicks at the latest

The later round guys Jonah Jackson, John Reid, Harrison Hand, Juwan Johnson, Yasir Durant, Jon Runyan Jr.

Not sure if all of them were eagles fans (save for Runyan), but they are from the region.

16 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Hearing Greg Cosell talk about Kenneth Murray pretty glowingly at least in regards to his downhill play made me feel better about him. He did note he almost always was playing forward and there was growth to be had as a coverage guy, but he was basically gushing about his sideline to sideline speed and ability to come attack the LOS.

Still don't want to make him the selection at 21, but if the Eagles really mess up and don't have anyone they want at 21 or think is good value and want to trade back and still are able to select Murray then sure I guess I'd be cool with that, but it would sting not getting a dynamic threat at WR.

Willie Gay Jr literally has the exact same positives, and can be had at least a round later.

Just now, Jeezla said:

Willie Gay Jr literally has the exact same positives, and can be had at least a round later.

I actually really like Willie Gay Jr. I think He'll be a stud in the NFL and will be a steal. I dont know where he really lands though. Ive seen Round 2 all the way to Round 4. This whole Year Rounds 2-5 on mocks are all over the place. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

I actually really like Willie Gay Jr. I think He'll be a stud in the NFL and will be a steal. I dont know where he really lands though. Ive seen Round 2 all the way to Round 4. This whole Year Rounds 2-5 on mocks are all over the place. 

I just don't really see what Murray does considerably than Gay or Brooks. I have the same questions with all 3 and the same positives with all 3. And I believe LB and DT are my best positions when it comes to scouting, so I'm pretty confident there isn't much separating those 3 guys as prospects. That might change if I had a chance to personally interview all 3, but based on play on the field, I see 3 very similar guys. Athletic side-to-sideline run and hit LBs who don't really take on blocks or play man coverage, but have the potential to become at least serviceable in those areas. 

Edited by Jeezla

2 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:
4 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Should be like mid 2nd - near the end of the 3rd. I think anyone who has him round 4 probably read character concerns and just lumped him with actually bad stuff.
I mean academic fraud shows a certain level of idiocy, but considering the league will draft guys who do actual criminal things like a round later than they normally would...it shouldn't knock him too much.

Murray is a way more developed player, like he comes in and plays that LB #1 role for us Nigel had.
He needs some more time with coverage but year one he's making plays regularly for you.
but Gay could develop in a couple years and be the 4th really good LB in this class. Has a higher ceiling that the rest of his tier.

I look at the LB's in 2 groups:

Really good athletes
Kenneth Murray 2nd
Pat Queen 2nd
Jordyn Brooks 2nd 
Willie Gay Jr 2nd
Davion Taylor 4th

Good athletes
Malik Harrison 3rd
Logan Wilson 3rd
Troy Dye 3rd

Coincidentally, I prefer all 5 really good athletes at WLB, and the 3 good athletes at MLB. If an LB isn't listed in those groups, we don't need them, although I'd be fine with Bachie/Weaver/Strnad in the 6th or later.

3 hours ago, Scalamania said:

Can't imagine a scenario where college football doesn't happen. There's too much at stake for them to completely cancel the whole season. 

College Football is about making money. Unless they are getting money from TV games, No fans in the stands isn't going to fly. Trying to stop thousands of College students from tailgating,  a nightmare to control. Not as far fetched as you might think IMO. 

56 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I look at the LB's in 2 groups:

Really good athletes
Kenneth Murray 2nd
Pat Queen 2nd
Jordyn Brooks 2nd 
Willie Gay Jr 2nd
Davion Taylor 4th

Good athletes
Malik Harrison 3rd
Logan Wilson 3rd
Troy Dye 3rd

Coincidentally, I prefer all 5 really good athletes at WLB, and the 3 good athletes at MLB. If an LB isn't listed in those groups, we don't need them, although I'd be fine with Bachie/Weaver/Strnad in the 6th or later.

Funny when I mentioned him in the 2nd the wolves came out

EDIT I have those top 4 and Harrison in line with Dye 

I wouldn't touch Taylor he lacks instincts IMO 

Edited by nlesthought

37 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

College Football is about making money. Unless they are getting money from TV games, No fans in the stands isn't going to fly. Trying to stop thousands of College students from tailgating,  a nightmare to control. Not as far fetched as you might think IMO. 

No it is 100% far fetched - the NCCA already lost a boat load of money cancelling the tournament, there is about a 0% chance the cancel the CFB season. It would cripple just about every school and the schools aren't going to let that happen.

Could it be pushed back? Sure it could. But it won't be cancelled.