2020 NFL Draft Discussion

CWood21

1 hour ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

I did mention ILBs (though it's easy to miss in my long post. I copy/pasted it below.

QB Rosen is an interesting guy. Not sure what i think about him now, but pre-draft I thought he was a functional starter QB who could read the field.

Apologies 1265 guess we are in full agreement.  Loved seeing Alabama lose on their home field.  Man both those teams are stacked.

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

No.  Rosen sucks, always will suck.  Don’t want him.  Unless it’s for a 6th.

Scoremore doesn’t know what he’s talking about when he asked if a 6th or 7th would get Rosen.

agree with you, when you say only if we could get him for a 6th. 

😳

Edited by MantyWrestler

13 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

Scoremore doesn’t know what he’s talking about when he asked if a 6th or 7th would get Rosen.

agree with you, when you say only if we could get him for a 6th. 

😳

You need to re-read what I said.  6th or  7th?  Possibly cut.  I agree wouldn't offer more than a 6th.

25 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

You need to re-read what I said.  6th or  7th?  Possibly cut.  I agree wouldn't offer more than a 6th.

Dude, I was giving Outpost a hard time. He said he was crap in response to your post about a 6th-7th pick for Rosen, then says only if it were no higher than a 6th. Basically disagrees and agrees with you all in one paragraph. 

Edited by MantyWrestler
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Anybody else shutting down the Raekwon Davis hype after yesterday. Yikes. 

He didn't show up and the only time I remember seeing him was rushing from the EDGE which clearly is not his best position. I think this kid is a lot like Albert Haynesworth. Talented as all get out, but has little to no desire. Haynesworth at least waited until a big pay day. This kid has cashed it in already from what it appears. 

1 hour ago, Joe said:

why is Rosen so cheap? He's played for two horrible teams with horrible coaching behind horrible OL. What am I missing here?

Damaged goods.   Pretty much it.  Perception is he sucks.  Young QB's put into the wrong situations can be destroyed.  Can't imagine a worse scenario for Rosen to be put in.  Now he's a reclamation project.  

32 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Damaged goods.   Pretty much it.  Perception is he sucks.  Young QB's put into the wrong situations can be destroyed.  Can't imagine a worse scenario for Rosen to be put in.  Now he's a reclamation project.  

Rodgers was mentoring this kid pre-draft. Green Bay might be the right place for him to get straightened out. I'd only do it if he signed a three year deal on the cheap though. That way we have enough time to get him right and get value in a trade. IF we can get him right. This kid is worth taking a flyer on IMO. 

He doesn't lack many things, other than he's aloof as a person. 

Edited by Golfman
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Rodgers was mentoring this kid pre-draft. Green Bay might be the right place for him to get straightened out. I'd only do it if he signed a three year deal on the cheap though. That way we have enough time to get him right and get value in a trade. IF we can get him right. This kid is worth taking a flyer on IMO. 

He doesn't lack many things, other than he's aloof as a person. 

He has no pocket presence and immediately falls apart under the slightest sign of pressure. He's a complete rebuild as a prospect.

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

He has no pocket presence and immediately falls apart under the slightest sign of pressure. He's a complete rebuild as a prospect.

Go back and watch Rodgers is first few years in the league. Go back and watch Rosen in college. He was put into absolutely terrible situations last year and this year. He very well might be shot emotionally, but he's got the talent to take a small investment on. He's got way more upside than our current back up QB. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Go back and watch Rodgers is first few years in the league. Go back and watch Rosen in college. He was put into absolutely terrible situations last year and this year. He very well might be shot emotionally, but he's got the talent to take a small investment on. He's got way more upside than our current back up QB. 

This is the exact same thing everybody told me about Kizer

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

This is the exact same thing everybody told me about Kizer

Except Kizer was terrible in the pocket at Notre Dame too. If the pressure was on he couldn't get to his second read and panicked. Look at his college tape, he moves in the pocket pretty well. The difference is, his confidence is completely shot at this point because he's played behind two really bad offensive lines. He's worth a flyer with that arm and accuracy. Kid can fling it and I don't think his 'pocket presence is at bad as you think.  

This kid stood in and made some throws. He also did a nice job of climbing the pocket a few times when he felt pressure from the EDGE. Escaped a few times and made some really great throws too. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I think we have time for that rebuild. We've got a strong enough OL IMHO to keep him clean if he were pressed into service and plenty of big WR's to make the grab if he gets a little high on his throws.