2020 Draft Talk

swede700

2 hours ago, vikestyle said:

I'm a big Jeff Gladney fan. If Okudah and Henderson are both gone early (as they should be) I'd do a small trade up to snag Gladney.

That is a very good call, watching him more, that dude looks like a freaking stud.  Great ball skills, quick hands, fights for the football and is tough.  He would be almost ideal in that 1st round and I could see hopefully teams going for Diggs and Terrell over him so he could fall to the Vikings potentially.  Not sure I would take him over Terrell but I would no question take him over Diggs.

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

That is a very good call, watching him more, that dude looks like a freaking stud.  Great ball skills, quick hands, fights for the football and is tough.  He would be almost ideal in that 1st round and I could see hopefully teams going for Diggs and Terrell over him so he could fall to the Vikings potentially.  Not sure I would take him over Terrell but I would no question take him over Diggs.

Watched some footage of him, he seems to play pretty tight coverage and has good ball awareness.

2 minutes ago, perrynoid said:

Watched some footage of him, he seems to play pretty tight coverage and has good ball awareness.

Yeah he might be my new favorite CB for the Vikings to get in this draft, super impressive and going to have to watch him a lot more.  Looks like a stud for sure.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, perrynoid said:

His feet are so quick. And one little thing I noticed during the Oklahoma game is that he's always punching at the ball when he's in on a tackle. Not overly physical as a tackler, but picks his spots and is always trying to create a turnover. I'd love to have more turnover production from that position.

what do you guys think of Casey Toohill from Stanford as a late-round edge guy? he's a little on the light side (6'4, 250) and a redshirt senior but tested as the most athletic edge player at the combine (with an ELITE 10-yard split), was decently productive (11.5 TFL, 8 sacks) and has great character - won the award at Stanford that honours the person with the best athletic/leadership and academic qualities. 

he struggles against the run but could be given a chance as a pass rusher in certain packages, namely if odenigbo gets kicked inside. from there have him add some weight and learn from patterson. we obviously need an edge rusher more prepared to take on a bigger role this season but if we did continue our trend of drafting athletic, late-round edge players and developing them i would keep an eye on Casey Toohill.

1 hour ago, vikestyle said:

His feet are so quick. And one little thing I noticed during the Oklahoma game is that he's always punching at the ball when he's in on a tackle. Not overly physical as a tackler, but picks his spots and is always trying to create a turnover. I'd love to have more turnover production from that position.

Yeah he is impressive, 26 passes deflected in the past two years is a great number.  Has nice footwork and I agree they are quick, can tackle when he needs to but got to love his fight for the football and how well he uses his hands to get at the football in coverage.  Like you said would be great to have a turnover guy at corner instead of just a coverage guy, can actually make some freaking plays out there.  

Would be great if they get him and if anything he is another corner on the board that is available if a lot of them go higher than they should.  At least secures the fact they will get one of the guys at least.  I would no doubt take Gladney over Diggs, Fulton and maybe even Henderson as well.  If the Vikings could get Gladney 1st round and Bryce Hall 2nd round that would be great.  Sure OL and DL are options but I say take those guys when you can get them, more likely they can get OG talent 3rd round.  WR might take a back seat but oh well.

SCENARIO

its the middle of the 2nd round and Vikings make a trade up about 10 spots. Word is they have a receiver in mind with the trade. 

the following are available:

Jalen Reagor

Denzel Mims

Brandon Aiyuk

KJ Hamler

If you could make the choice for them, who are you selecting and why?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

SCENARIO

its the middle of the 2nd round and Vikings make a trade up about 10 spots. Word is they have a receiver in mind with the trade. 

the following are available:

Jalen Reagor

Denzel Mims

Brandon Aiyuk

KJ Hamler

If you could make the choice for them, who are you selecting and why?

I’m about the biggest Hamler fan, but I still think you would be crazy to pass up on Reagor here.

39 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

I’m about the biggest Hamler fan, but I still think you would be crazy to pass up on Reagor here.

This.

I'd honestly be shocked to see a WR go top-10....then it's really just the Raiders and Broncos at 12 & 15 (Lamb and Jeudy) then Jacksonville at 20 maybe needs a WR...I think there might be a few tempting options around 22-25 let alone early 2nd for the Vikings to ponder....Ruggs (doubtful but maybe), Reagor, Jefferson, etc,

Edited by Vikes_Bolts1228

Given how the board fell up to #23, I made a trade back with Detroit for picks #35 & #67 (Detroit moving up for Love)

#25 - Yetur Gross-Matos (EDGE - Penn State)
#35 - Jalen Reagor (WR - TCU)
#58 - Austin Jackson (T - USC)
#67 - Damon Arnette (CB - Ohio State)
#89 - Ben Bartch (G/T - St Johns)

Trade up with Denver for #95 in return for #105 & #132

#95 - Larrell Murchison (DT - NC State)
#155 - Tyler Johnson (WR - Minnesota)
#201 - Tanner Muse (S - Clemson)
#205 - AJ Green (CB - Oklahoma State)
#219 - Mykal Walker (LB - Fresno State)
#249 - Stephen Sullivan (TE - LSU)
#253 - James Smith-Williams (EDGE - NC State)

1 hour ago, RpMc said:

Given how the board fell up to #23, I made a trade back with Detroit for picks #35 & #67 (Detroit moving up for Love)

#25 - Yetur Gross-Matos (EDGE - Penn State)
#35 - Jalen Reagor (WR - TCU)
#58 - Austin Jackson (T - USC)
#67 - Damon Arnette (CB - Ohio State)
#89 - Ben Bartch (G/T - St Johns)

Trade up with Denver for #95 in return for #105 & #132

#95 - Larrell Murchison (DT - NC State)
#155 - Tyler Johnson (WR - Minnesota)
#201 - Tanner Muse (S - Clemson)
#205 - AJ Green (CB - Oklahoma State)
#219 - Mykal Walker (LB - Fresno State)
#249 - Stephen Sullivan (TE - LSU)
#253 - James Smith-Williams (EDGE - NC State)

What’s this from? First 3 picks are homeruns. How did Austin Jackson drop this far?!?

12 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

What’s this from? First 3 picks are homeruns. How did Austin Jackson drop this far?!?

The Draft Network

I had my choice of him or Niang from TCU at that point - jumped at Jackson for our scheme.