2020 Draft Talk

swede700

27 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

How much of the "cowardly" is his coach being conservative, and asking his QB not to make mistakes, do you think? I'm guessing that's a definite part....

That was also Cousins MO when he was in Washington.  He's a conservative, risk averse quarterback. That's not always a bad thing.

First Mock post Diggs trade.  Thoughts?

Neville Gallimore, IDL

Josh Jones, OT 58

Donovan Peoples-Jones, WR 

Troy Pride Jr., CB 

Solomon Kindley , IOL

Jordan Elliott, IDL

J.R. Reed , S 

Davion Taylor, LB 

Shyheim Carter , S 

Binjimen Victor, WR

Michael Warren II, RB

Chris Williamson, CB

Edited by NoDakViking
Clarify, took out #s
  • Like 1

Did a mock for fun

In my weekly mock I have you guys with a unique mock, strange how it fell... feel Herbert was just too good value to pass up at 22:

22. QB Justin Herbert

25. IDL Ross Blacklock (best 3T in the draft imo)

58. WR Chase Claypool

It does leave corner a huge issue though. 

13 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

So what Tackles and Guards should we be studying? I like Andrew Thomas and Tristan Wirfs at Tackle. Wirfs strictly a right tackle in the NFL?

Wirfs is other-worldly athletic. I'm sure he could handle LT duties. If he's there at #22 I'm  sprinting to the podium. However, it is more likely he goes around the top 10.

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

I'm not a big fan of round 1 receivers but I expect Spielman to love Justin Jefferson. Just like I expect Zimmer to love Kristian Fulton.

Problem is, without trading up, I don't think we are going to be able to draft either.

I seriously hope we don't use #22 or #25 as the replacement for Diggs in a deep WR draft. Lamb, Jeudy, or Ruggs would be the exception.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

I seriously hope we don't use #22 or #25 as the replacement for Diggs in a deep WR draft. Lamb, Jeudy, or Ruggs would be the exception.

Yeah as exciting as those receivers I think the bigger needs are on the offensive line, defense line, and cornerback. You give Kirk time to throw and he'll turn Chad Beebe into and all world WR.

2 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Yeah as exciting as those receivers I think the bigger needs are on the offensive line, defense line, and cornerback. You give Kirk time to throw and he'll turn Chad Beebe into and all world WR.

They would be tempting but I ultimately agree, with the exception of the Beebe part! ;)

I'm sure we could get a few more picks if one of those WRs did fall.

With 12 picks before the draft even starts it will be interesting what Spielman does. Does he move up from #22 and then down from #25? Does he move up in the 2nd? Always takes two to tango but we know Spielman is willing to dance.

5 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Chad Beebe is terrible and an injury waiting to happen.