2020 Draft Talk

swede700

4 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I’m wondering more and more if the team might double up on defensive backs in the 1st round. 

22 - Jeff Gladney. A physical press corner outside

25 - Antoine Winfield Jr. A smart and instinctive player who can jump in at nickel from day one. 

I was thinking this as well. I wouldn’t be disappointed.

8 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Give our OL needs and history of liking young players, I feel like Austin Jackson is definitely near the top of our draft board. I would be shocked if we passed on him if he falls to us.

I’d be okay with that at 22. Seems like there’s good value there and he’s got the athleticism to fit the ZBS. There seems to be a lot of CB depth, specifically press CBs where there should be a good option at 25.

15 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Give our OL needs and history of liking young players, I feel like Austin Jackson is definitely near the top of our draft board. I would be shocked if we passed on him if he falls to us.

I have the Dolphins taking him since they need OT badly and Austin Jackson I feel is better than Josh Jones but they could go with him at 18 as well.  Then you have the Patriots and if they are sold on Stidham and Hoyer at QB they would absolutely want a OT.  But yeah if he was there would be hard to pass on him.

What are peoples thoughts on Amik Robertson? He obviously has the size more associated with nickel (where I think he would be great as with his tackling ability), but I think his ball skills and ability on the outside are really intriguing. He honestly reminds me a little of Antione Winfield. I'd be ecstatic to grab him in the 3rd and think he's only their because of his size concerns.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Boibreezy said:

What are peoples thoughts on Amik Robertson? He obviously has the size more associated with nickel (where I think he would be great as with his tackling ability), but I think his ball skills and ability on the outside are really intriguing. He honestly reminds me a little of Antione Winfield. I'd be ecstatic to grab him in the 3rd and think he's only their because of his size concerns.

Would Winfield have been able to play in Zimmer’s defense? MN ran a Tampa 2 when Winfield was here and I thought he came from a zone scheme in Buffalo.

Just now, vikingsrule said:

Would Winfield have been able to play in Zimmer’s defense? MN ran a Tampa 2 when Winfield was here and I thought he came from a zone scheme in Buffalo.

I guess I meant more in his physicality and ability to come up and hit for being undersized. His man ability probably reminds be a little of Jason Verrett pre-injury. I think at worst he can be an excellent nickel or even moved to a safety position as he can both tackle and ballhawk. I've seen some people say we should draft Winfield Jr to play that type of position and I'd honestly rather have Robertson. Think he's the better prospect.

MINNESOTA VIKINGS: JUSTIN JEFFERSON, WR, LSU

After the shocking trade of Stefon Diggs, the Minnesota Vikings only have Adam Thielen and Bisi Johnson as dependable targets on the perimeter. Justin Jefferson is a slot-only option that brings a well diverse skill set. In years past, we've seen how good Kirk Cousins is with slot options dating back to his time with the Washington Redskins and Jamison Crowder. Jefferson would be a welcome addition to a group that is starving for talent after trading away their best receiver.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/five-best-draft-prospect-team-fits-midway-through-free-agency

I really love watching Jalen Reagor's film. He is electrifying. Not just with the ball in his hands, but also in and out of his cuts. He cuts so violently, I just love it. He also plays bigger than his size and has the ability to go up and  apex contested 50/50 balls. I wouldn't have any issues projecting him to the outside in the NFL. It's really a shame his QB play last season was so piss poor; I think it definitely cost him some money.  

I like him as a 2nd round trade up option if they go in a different direction in the first.