2019 Packer Forum Dynasty League (Keepers/Discussion)

Cadmus

TRADE! First one of the 2019 season (and hopefully not the last) 

We've officially tied our number of in-season trades from the 2018 season. 

trade1-01-A.png 

Please vote on the below poll (On Sleeper--below is just a screenshot) in the next 24 hours. 

trade1-01.png 

Thanks! 

@JBURGE @ChaRisMa @CombOver @Lieker @Bieker1 @PandaSquadAlpha @Dwade1001 @chucknorris101 @ajdodge09 @DannyB @squire12 @Cadmus @Packerraymond @KingOfTheNorth

Glad the draft went well last night! 

I think a lot of us would agree that went really quickly, and it was difficult to make any trades. I wouldn't be opposed to reviewing the draft process for next year. I don't think I want to go back to a non-live draft.

Some suggestions...

• Split the draft into 2 days, where we have ~4 minute timers for the first 2/3 rounds, then rounds 3/4-10 in the 2nd day with shorter time slots
  • Have the first 2 rounds of the draft NOT live, then the remaining rounds live 

If no changes are made, at least we know to have discussions ahead of the draft to have deals in place. 

Thanks @Cadmus for moving the league over to Sleeper seamlessly. I haven't commished a league on fleaflicker, but I know it caused a few headaches for you and @squire12 before you. I really liked the sleeper experience. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JBURGE said:

Glad the draft went well last night! 

I think a lot of us would agree that went really quickly, and it was difficult to make any trades. I wouldn't be opposed to reviewing the draft process for next year. I don't think I want to go back to a non-live draft.

Some suggestions...

• Split the draft into 2 days, where we have ~4 minute timers for the first 2/3 rounds, then rounds 3/4-10 in the 2nd day with shorter time slots
  • Have the first 2 rounds of the draft NOT live, then the remaining rounds live 

If no changes are made, at least we know to have discussions ahead of the draft to have deals in place. 

Thanks @Cadmus for moving the league over to Sleeper seamlessly. I haven't commished a league on fleaflicker, but I know it caused a few headaches for you and @squire12 before you. I really liked the sleeper experience. 

I agree that the sleeper experience was good.

Another solution I was thinking about for trades during the draft was if someone was interested in the trading their pick or if someone was trying to move up we could just pause the draft like Cadmus did a couple times. Either way there should definitely be some discussion next year about ways to improve the draft process.

• Like 1

Sleeper allows a huge range of time slots from 10 minutes to 8 hours per pick. I think that is a good middle ground between keeping it moving and allowing trades. I'd argue for 10 minutes at least next year. If we're being honest, 10 minutes is probably plenty of time to hash out an in draft trade. 

21 minutes ago, chucknorris101 said:

Sleeper allows a huge range of time slots from 10 minutes to 8 hours per pick. I think that is a good middle ground between keeping it moving and allowing trades. I'd argue for 10 minutes at least next year. If we're being honest, 10 minutes is probably plenty of time to hash out an in draft trade. 

I missed the first few rounds of the draft this year while golfing.   I recall in years past, that there were probably around 6-8 trades during the course of the draft.  Personally, I feel like that is most of the fun of the keeper/dynasty draft is making trades to target a particular player that you will have for the long term.  

I don't really see the advantage or thrill of a online draft for dynasty or large  keeper leagues like this.    For re-draft it is fine.

Decrease in trading and decrease in discussion among the league members during the few weeks that the draft takes place is lost.  

• 3 weeks later...

TRADE! Second one of the 2019 season.

We've officially beaten our number of in-season trades from the 2018 season. 

trade3.png 

Please vote on the below poll (On Sleeper--below is just a screenshot) in the next 24 hours. 

trade4.png 

@JBURGE @ChaRisMa @CombOver @Lieker @Bieker1 @PandaSquadAlpha @Dwade1001 @chucknorris101 @ajdodge09 @DannyB @squire12 @Cadmus @Packerraymond @KingOfTheNorth

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

@Cadmus

Phillip Dorsett was added, dropped and readded to a roster all within the last 2 hours.

Shouldn't a player when dropped be subject to waivers for 24 hours and not be FCFS able to be added?  Seems like something is off with Sleeper or not set correctly

Any player that hasn't been rostered for at least 24 hours won't be subject to waivers. It's meant to prevent spamming (people picking up and suddenly dropping players to prevent another owner from acquiring them). There's only a handful of leagues that I play in or have recently played in that don't operate that way, and that's generally high-stakes stuff that have limited waivers. 

waivers.png 

46 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

Any player that hasn't been rostered for at least 24 hours won't be subject to waivers. It's meant to prevent spamming (people picking up and suddenly dropping players to prevent another owner from acquiring them). There's only a handful of leagues that I play in or have recently played in that don't operate that way, and that's generally high-stakes stuff that have limited waivers. 

waivers.png 

so when was this discussed and voted on for a league rule change? @Cadmus

Straight from the fleaflicker rules for this league

Waiver Claims

How Are Claims Resolved
Waiver Priority
Time on Waivers After Drop
24 Hours
Lock Recently Added
Edited by squire12