Tennessee Titans Free Talk Venting Thread

Titans fan 617

LOL there is no way Eric didn't know what was going on... NO WAY!!!

Like Slim said. Seems like this was more about her and her fans then anything else. Hope this doesn't become a distraction for him though.

Speaking of Deck. Him and Marcus are starting to sync up a bit. Timing on some routes still seems to be off by a bit but its still pretty fun to watch these two get on the same page more and more each week.:D

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to preface this by saying that I still believe we can turn this ship around and make the playoffs with a healthy Marcus, but I've been thinking about this over the past few days and wanted to get some opinions on it...

Mularkey is on a 3 year contract, so after this year he'll get the dreaded "lame duck" coach title unless we extend him. So, my question is with all the expectations that we had going into this season what record at the end of the year do you guys think would lead to his demise? Right now I'm thinking 6-10 7-9 is where the conversation starts. We drop a few more games that we shouldn't like we did against Miami and things could really get dicey. I think the fact that he'll be coaching on a 1 year deal could play a major role as well. I know he seems to love it here, but could things go south if he asks for an extension and we balk at it regardless of our record at the end of the year?

I think there's a lot of variables here that could lead to quite the discussion on Mularkey's future. Especially towards the end of the year.

1 hour ago, SerenityNow said:

I'm going to preface this by saying that I still believe we can turn this ship around and make the playoffs with a healthy Marcus, but I've been thinking about this over the past few days and wanted to get some opinions on it...

Mularkey is on a 3 year contract, so after this year he'll get the dreaded "lame duck" coach title unless we extend him. So, my question is with all the expectations that we had going into this season what record at the end of the year do you guys think would lead to his demise? Right now I'm thinking 6-10 7-9 is where the conversation starts. We drop a few more games that we shouldn't like we did against Miami and things could really get dicey. I think the fact that he'll be coaching on a 1 year deal could play a major role as well. I know he seems to love it here, but could things go south if he asks for an extension and we balk at it regardless of our record at the end of the year?

I think there's a lot of variables here that could lead to quite the discussion on Mularkey's future. Especially towards the end of the year.

The thing we have to remember is that AAS is pulling the strings here. Mularkey was her hire. JRob was her hire. I don't think she has the where-with-all or football chops to right this ship. Like I said in another thread, we are a "family" now

5 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I want to hear him say she tricked him into having another baby

She's a budding country music star. Country music fans are some of the most conservative in the lands. She's doing this to save face. Not worried at all.

Would any of you be willing to trade a first or second for Sean Payton? Seems like he'd be perfect for Marcus and the talent on O. His defenses scare the bejeesus out of me though.

One of the most frustrating aspects of our team this year for me is that our coaches really seem to overthink their own schemes. Our core schemes on both offense and defense have been successful yet we always seem to over complicate things. I'll break it down by Offense and Defense...

Offense

Our offensive philosophy is power run smash mouth football. When we stay focused on downhill running/pounding it up the gut we obviously wear teams down throughout a game. When we have a nice balance of that with Marcus making the short to intermediate rhythm throws with the occasional deep shot off of play action, we thrive. It's a simple offensive philosophy that's not reinventing the wheel by any means, but the bottom line is that IT WORKS. With the amount of weapons we have on offense along with our offensive line, we simply don't need to be running 4 or 5 of these little cute trick plays a game. The strength of our offense is in the interior. In short yardage third down situations we don't need to be trying to attack the perimeter of the defense with slow developing sweeps to Delanie or tosses to Derrick Henry. Simply put, from the goal line or 3rd and short, pound the rock. We call ourselves a smashmouth team, so we need to go out there in short yardage and pound defenses right in the mouth. Just because we have these trick plays in our tool box, doesn't mean we need to use them every single week. One or two every few weeks sprinkled in to keep a defense off balance is fine, but in critical situations of the game LEAN ON YOUR STRENGTHS!

Defense

For one I would like to see Kalan Reed playing over Brice McCain at this point, but I've been pounding that drum since Preseason. As far as the scheme goes, at our core we're supposedly a zone blitzing team. Yet, in the first half of the game last night we were only sending 3-4 guys and dropping everyone else into coverage. We just quite simply don't have the personnel for that to ever work. Our DBs can't hold up in coverage if there's no pressure. After one bad play by Brice McCain on T.Y. Hilton we FINALLY put Logan Ryan on T.Y. and we didn't hear from him the rest of the night. Putting your best corner on the other team's best receiver? What a concept! But seriously I'll give the defensive staff props for finally realizing the error of their ways there and adjusting, so that T.Y. didn't tear us up like Hopkins did two weeks ago. Once the second half hit we started actually playing true to our zone blitzing scheme. We were sending guys from all over, and once Jacoby wasn't able to get the ball out on time their offense got completely out of sync and our secondary was actually able to knock some balls down in coverage. Our entire defense is predicated on getting pressure from all over, so once again just like Robiskie, I challenge LeBeau to keep it simple, lean on your strengths! Stop trying to get cute by only sending 3 or 4 guys and dropping everyone else into coverage. Get the pressure however we have to, because that's how we put our defense in the best position to win ball games for us.

Overall, I still believe we have enough talent to win this division if our coaches just get out of their own way and call games based off of our strengths.  The mantra from here on out for our coaching staff needs to be K.I.S.S.: Keep It Simple Stupid. Stop trying to outsmart everyone and just do what we're best at on both sides of the ball, and we'll have a very good shot at being the AFC South Champs by the end of the year.

What we need to see now out of the coaching staff is the willingness to continue to incorporate what we saw offensively in the 4th quarter to future gameplans. Specifically letting Marcus sling it out of the gun, speeding up the offense a little bit, etc. The cutesy plays aren't working. If we can get out of our own way via playcalling, we can have a really competent and consistent offense. Just need to finally see continuity.

4 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

What we need to see now out of the coaching staff is the willingness to continue to incorporate what we saw offensively in the 4th quarter to future gameplans. Specifically letting Marcus sling it out of the gun, speeding up the offense a little bit, etc. The cutesy plays aren't working. If we can get out of our own way via playcalling, we can have a really competent and consistent offense. Just need to finally see continuity.

I liked the offensive play calling all night, outside of our redzone play calling before the 4th quarter. Really utilized Decker in the intermediate game, I think got 5 passes off to RBs underneath, Matthews made his usual clutch 3rd down receptions. We scored on all but 1 drive last night. Better redzone offense and we could have hung 50 on them. I'd like to think we can get the redzone stuff corrected since we've been one of the best redzone offenses with Marcus(at least in his first two years).

Marcus has 4 TDs.

4 damn TDs after 7 games. 

Case Keenum has more passing TDs.
Brian Hoyer, Kevin Hogan and Mike Glennon all are tied with Marcus with 4 passing TDs.
I know he missed a game and a half. Pretty much played 2 games on one leg. But Damn 4 TDs.

Not blaming any one person but the team and staff collectively are worthy of a boot in the butt. Can't score TDs in the redzone. 
WRs not doing their job.
Marcus not hitting wide open players.
Coaches calling stupid TE sweeps on the goal line.
RB who is 6'4 300lbs can't seem to keep his feet and fall one yard into the endzone.

Ugggh..

Vent over. 

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

Marcus has 4 TDs.

4 damn TDs after 7 games. 

Case Keenum has more passing TDs.
Brian Hoyer, Kevin Hogan and Mike Glennon all are tied with Marcus with 4 passing TDs.
I know he missed a game and a half. Pretty much played 2 games on one leg. But Damn 4 TDs.

Not blaming any one person but the team and staff collectively are worthy of a boot in the butt. Can't score TDs in the redzone. 
WRs not doing their job.
Marcus not hitting wide open players.
Coaches calling stupid TE sweeps on the goal line.
RB who is 6'4 300lbs can't seem to keep his feet and fall one yard into the endzone.

Ugggh..

Vent over. 

Related image

quoting myself ..lol

Archived