Raiders Offense Thread:

MrOaktown_56

7 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I said Gruden and Davis.  Davis needing control caused a ton of problems but Gruden was not able to develop players and we drafted horrible the entire time he was here with the exception of the easiest choice we have had in decades.  Same thing in Tampa.  Gruden would be the greatest OC of all time, a good coach, but bad when having personnel control.  He will bring in a lot of vets to build a good team but the house of cards will eventually fall because he is not capable of restocking and developing talent.  He is to dependent on FA.  Another reason why I like Mayock and he can hopefully balance out Gruden but Gruden also needs to get rid of coaches like Cable.  He needs to hire guys that can develop young players so he does not have to deal with it.  I get that his system is to complicated for young players but it does not mean you can ignore them all together.

Yet aren't we restocking talent as we speak

3 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

How would you feel if we did not draft Jacobs or resign Martin because the team felt good about Warren?  I am angry because they could have signed a TE that might have been our best player on offense last year that was close to a pro bowl level for belief in a guy with 18 total receptions in 3 years.  I do not like the move because there is added risk when there did not need to be.  Lee Smith has same amount of yards and more receptions, and TDs over the last 3 years than Waller.  Does that help with perspective.  Waller could be great but he has shown nothing outside of practice and the combine in 3 years that says we could ignore Cook.  Cook almost outplayed Waller, Wilson , and Lee combine over the last 3 years just in 2018.

Who cares he was the starter last season and the only weapon on the team if Cook was on this team now you think he is going to have the season he had last year with the addition of AB, Willians and Jacobs.

1 minute ago, raidr4life said:

Yet aren't we restocking talent as we speak

Although it has only been 1 year how well did we draft last year.  Will not be able to tell for a couple years but I do not know many posters that like last years draft outside of a 1st round talent that we got in the 5th.  Maybe it was the historically bad T duo we got in rounds 1 and 3.  I hope they get better and this team succeeds but making picks does not mean you are getting good value or restocking the team with talent.

2 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Although it has only been 1 year how well did we draft last year.  Will not be able to tell for a couple years but I do not know many posters that like last years draft outside of a 1st round talent that we got in the 5th.  Maybe it was the historically bad T duo we got in rounds 1 and 3.  I hope they get better and this team succeeds but making picks does not mean you are getting good value or restocking the team with talent.

We don't know if they will pan out or not this early, but we will have 6 first round picks in 3 years 

1 minute ago, raidr4life said:

Who cares he was the starter last season and the only weapon on the team if Cook was on this team now you think he is going to have the season he had last year with the addition of AB, Willians and Jacobs.

You are right.  Since we improved the talent from last year we should get rid of the bright spots from last year when we do not have to.  So we have a TE that is top 5-7 instead of top 5.  Not needed because we got this guy that blew the doors off the combine 4 years ago.  While we are at it we should dump Hudson also because we added people to o-line and we do not need to block everyone.  It saves us some cap space we are going to use anyways.

Just now, raidr4life said:

We don't know if they will pan out or not this early, but we will have 6 first round picks in 3 years 

We only added 3 so saying six is a little misleading.  Name me 1 1st round pick that worked out for Gruden besides Woodson.  I have to go to work so I will see if you can come up with something by the time I get off, fish watching GOT, and watch week 1 of the 2019 season against the Broncos.  Also please do not say Seabass.

4 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

You are right.  Since we improved the talent from last year we should get rid of the bright spots from last year when we do not have to.  So we have a TE that is top 5-7 instead of top 5.  Not needed because we got this guy that blew the doors off the combine 4 years ago.  While we are at it we should dump Hudson also because we added people to o-line and we do not need to block everyone.  It saves us some cap space we are going to use anyways.

It' means the TE role in the offence won't be as significant so we not willing to pay 2 years 15 Million for a 32 year old who numbers are inflated because he was the only weapon we had.

2 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

We only added 3 so saying six is a little misleading.  Name me 1 1st round pick that worked out for Gruden besides Woodson.  I have to go to work so I will see if you can come up with something by the time I get off, fish watching GOT, and watch week 1 of the 2019 season against the Broncos.  Also please do not say Seabass.

Adding 3 1st round picks for a rebuilding team is nothing to sneeze at. Al made all the picks while Gruden was here, we already established that, only Al would draft a kicker in the 1st round. His early years in TB he had hardly any picks because they traded them all to us for Gruden. TB sold there future to win a Superbowl and Gruden brought them exactly that. He didn't have a first rounder his first 2 seasons with TB, then he drafted Cadillac Wiliiams a stud until his knee injury, Davin Joseph a probowl OG,  Aquib Talib a probowler, Micheal Clayton led all rookie Wr's in catches and yards was off and on after suffering a knee injury, but still earned a 2nd contract. Gaines Adams had 2 decent seasons then was traded for a 2nd round pick. Your argument doesn't hold water.

Image result for night king

Edited by raidr4life
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I think we need 2 Raiders discussion boards.  Those that are going to buy into everything the team does like a player who is getting paid should do and one for those that can see when the team is making good or bad decisions and would like to discuss them.  

We need 3 because I'm behind many of the players (some gone) and totally question management/coaching/leadership...Though I may fall under this other post of yours...xD

I am arguing on a message board with nothing to gain then I have some psychological issues of my own and its is best to just ignore me.'  :ph34r:

Discussion is always good. Some just drink the kool-aid for whatever reason and some of us think it smells like piss/arsenic and aren't drinking it til proven otherwise. o.O

Of course that gets us called not real fans but knowing what 'fan' is short for, I'd good with that. LOL:)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

How would you feel if we did not draft Jacobs or resign Martin because the team felt good about Warren?  I am angry because they could have signed a TE that might have been our best player on offense last year that was close to a pro bowl level for belief in a guy with 18 total receptions in 3 years.  I do not like the move because there is added risk when there did not need to be.  Lee Smith has same amount of yards and more receptions, and TDs over the last 3 years than Waller.  Does that help with perspective.  Waller could be great but he has shown nothing outside of practice and the combine in 3 years that says we could ignore Cook.  Cook almost outplayed Waller, Wilson , and Lee combine over the last 3 years just in 2018.

Obviously he didn't feel that good about Warren that's why we drafted Jacobs your hypothetical doesn't work here.

11 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I think we need 2 Raiders discussion boards.  Those that are going to buy into everything the team does like a player who is getting paid should do and one for those that can see when the team is making good or bad decisions and would like to discuss them.  

More like those that won't buy into your opinion and those that will boards, where you decide what a good or bad decision is right. Because I haven't seen one person that agrees with everything the team does, and the last I checked we were having a discussion.

• Like 2

drfrey13 chill man! What you do lately is not good for you! Let it go, put on a pink tinted sunglass and enjoy the ride till it last. Preseason? Week1? Week6? Week17? PO? We don't know...but the amount of stress you have in your posts is not good for you...

2 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Obviously he didn't feel that good about Warren that's why we drafted Jacobs your hypothetical doesn't work here.

Because my hypothetical was not literal it does not work?  Okay but I was asking how would you feel if those circumstances ha... Never mind.

2 hours ago, raidr4life said:

More like those that won't buy into your opinion and those that will boards, where you decide what a good or bad decision is right. Because I haven't seen one person that agrees with everything the team does, and the last I checked we were having a discussion.

I will just let this one go and say yes we are having a discussion and you are correct but this was not meant just specifically at you.  This had more to do with seeing something that others do not.  I could be wrong and it would not be the first time but it looks pretty clear to me in the Cook situation that Gruden had good reason to at least reach out and extend an offer to him.  Who cares if we can not reach an agreement.  The rule of thumb is if you have a chance to better your team you at least look into it.  Due diligence.  If Gruden has as much sway as everyone thinks he owes it to the fans and organization to check every reasonable option.  To not even say we have Waller for this much but at this price I would prefer Cook, assuming we agree Cook is better than Waller, and see if he bites is incompetent or selfish if there is an ulterior motive.  Just like RM not going back and contacting the 49ers who had a deal on the table for Mack when we agreed on terms with the Bears.  Could have started a bidding war and imagine what we could have had.  RM was to risk averse and it drove me crazy and Gruden's ego causes problems for him.  I hope Mayock can help.

15 minutes ago, Rolni said:

drfrey13 chill man! What you do lately is not good for you! Let it go, put on a pink tinted sunglass and enjoy the ride till it last. Preseason? Week1? Week6? Week17? PO? We don't know...but the amount of stress you have in your posts is not good for you...

Thanks for the advice but I think this is my therapy.  I am trying not to be stressed at work, it is working, but I have to release it somewhere.  To many incompetent bosses at work since I stepped down.  I have been trying to keep a low profile.  I am an ENTJ personalty type so it is tough.  My GM is a lot like Gruden which I think is adding to the annoyance.  Gruden has a great football mind but I can not stand the persona.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Because my hypothetical was not literal it does not work?  Okay but I was asking how would you feel if those circumstances ha... Never mind.

I will just let this one go and say yes we are having a discussion and you are correct but this was not meant just specifically at you.  This had more to do with seeing something that others do not.  I could be wrong and it would not be the first time but it looks pretty clear to me in the Cook situation that Gruden had good reason to at least reach out and extend an offer to him.  Who cares if we can not reach an agreement.  The rule of thumb is if you have a chance to better your team you at least look into it.  Due diligence.  If Gruden has as much sway as everyone thinks he owes it to the fans and organization to check every reasonable option.  To not even say we have Waller for this much but at this price I would prefer Cook, assuming we agree Cook is better than Waller, and see if he bites is incompetent or selfish if there is an ulterior motive.  Just like RM not going back and contacting the 49ers who had a deal on the table for Mack when we agreed on terms with the Bears.  Could have started a bidding war and imagine what we could have had.  RM was to risk averse and it drove me crazy and Gruden's ego causes problems for him.  I hope Mayock can help.

You are assuming that Cooks agent didn't make demands for his client. you keep saying we should have gave him 5M when he actually got 7.5M avg from N.O. and if his agent demanded that they could have said no we are moving on hence no offer made.

Edited by raidr4life