2020 Draft Prospects

Bobby816

2 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

I've put in a tons of work into my most recent mock- lots of film review, data analysis, draft history, agency dot-connecting, etc. I'm waiting for official declarations before I post it here and elsewhere, but I'll give you guys a few names so you can begin looking into them (note: the below are not in draft sequential order) 

• Mekhi Becton, LT, Louisville 
  • Van Jefferson, WR, Florida 
  • Matt Hennessy, OL, Temple 

Becton is an interesting guy. I can see him shoot up boards. And Jefferson has ties to us since he's our WRs coach's son. I don't know much about Hennessy though.

7 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Just watched highlights of Jeudy and Lamb.

How does Jeudy compare to Julio and Cooper?

Holy crap Lamb looks like a #1 superstar WR from the moment he steps onto the field.  Sounds like he has great work ethic and intangibles as well.  Very tempting to take him over an LT ugh.

For me Jeudy is a better version of Cooper.

And Lamb is a version of Hopkins for me.

10 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

I've put in a tons of work into my most recent mock- lots of film review, data analysis, draft history, agency dot-connecting, etc. I'm waiting for official declarations before I post it here and elsewhere, but I'll give you guys a few names so you can begin looking into them (note: the below are not in draft sequential order) 

• Mekhi Becton, LT, Louisville 
  • Van Jefferson, WR, Florida 
  • Matt Hennessy, OL, Temple 

I'm already on the Becton train. The small flaws he displayed this year can be worked on. 

Id just like to state like I do every offseason how much I hate that FA is before the draft. I truly wish they’d change that down the road. From a team building standpoint it makes WAY more sense to grab young talent in the draft and then fill holes in FA. Not the opposite. I know some will say it shouldn’t matter just grab the best player even if you have a starter there. But that’s doesn’t happen.

6 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Id just like to state like I do every offseason how much I hate that FA is before the draft. I truly wish they’d change that down the road. From a team building standpoint it makes WAY more sense to grab young talent in the draft and then fill holes in FA. Not the opposite. I know some will say it shouldn’t matter just grab the best player even if you have a starter there. But that’s doesn’t happen.

Don't think the NFLPA would allow that to happen.  I understand your point but reversing it would potentially negatively affect the market value of some veterans.  

I'm down if one of them is an LT. Justin Jefferson is in consideration for the first round as well. There are so many WRs, I don't care when we pick one honestly. I really like Michael Pittman jr in the later rounds too. He always gets the ball at it's highest point.  

8 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

We get 3 new starting OLineman in FA... can we not all agree Jeudy or Lamb should be the pick at 11 in that case?

Lamb is going to be one of the best in this class.  He has superstar written all over him.  

Edit- plus if we grab OL in FA we don't have to wait for a rookie to be ready to play.  

Edited by jetsfan4life51

8 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

We get 3 new starting OLineman in FA... can we not all agree Jeudy or Lamb should be the pick at 11 in that case?

Sure, lets keep building the OL like we have been.....with FA.  That has worked so well for us.  Enough already, draft the best OL at 11.  Period.  FA WR are a lot more successful, usually.  OL not so much.  Everyone complains about Mac's aversion to drafting OL early, then you want to avoid drafting OL in rd. 1.

1 hour ago, xrade said:

Sure, lets keep building the OL like we have been.....with FA.  That has worked so well for us.  Enough already, draft the best OL at 11.  Period.  FA WR are a lot more successful, usually.  OL not so much.  Everyone complains about Mac's aversion to drafting OL early, then you want to avoid drafting OL in rd. 1.

I do think odd are we draft an OLineman. But it’s not out of possibility that we rebuild the OL in FA. If that happens... grab the bpa and there’s really no argument that Jeudy and Lamb purely on talent are probably 2 of the top 5 players in this draft class.

Furthermore. When have we tried the FA rebuild OL route? JD was left with a hole at C and got Kalil out of retirement. Harrison, Winters, Shell and Edoga are home grown. Alex Lewis was traded for for a 7th round pick. Our only FA OLineman is Beachum and he’s our best OLineman. Unfortunately for us our 2 best OLineman are FAs in Beachum and Lewis so JD has to make a decision on both of them. But there’s plenty of very talented OLineman in this years FA class to spend on. And when we don’t need much on defense... that should be where the money goes. So it’s not at all unlikely we rebuild the OLine in FA.

11 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

We need to do both, sign at minimum 2 quality Starters and draft 1 of Thomas, Wills, or Wirfs

Which I’d be totally happy with. But let’s say we get 3 new OLineman in FA and one of Jeudy or Lamb is there. How does that not fit need and bpa?

I like what the Dallas Cowboys & Tenn Titans did when they used first round draft picks to build a O line. We did the same thing when we drafted Nick Mangoold, and D;Bickashaw Ferguson in the first round, and then plugged a hole at guard with FA Alan Faneca. As much as I want another WR the KEY is a strong O line. The center position has to be high on our needs 

Edited by doumeyer

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Which I’d be totally happy with. But let’s say we get 3 new OLineman in FA and one of Jeudy or Lamb is there. How does that not fit need and bpa?

Oh I’m not saying they wouldn’t be I’m saying the likelyhood of us actually committing that type of money to a singular position group is unlikely when we have so many other needs on top of extending Jamal and potentially Maye.