Rick & Morty

bucsfan333

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, cddolphin said:

I watched S01E01 yesterday. Never watched an episode before. That part (among others) had me rolling. Looking forward to continuing the series.

I hope it turns into another South Park or the Simpsons with 20+ seasons.

47 minutes ago, scar988 said:

I hope it turns into another South Park or the Simpsons with 20+ seasons.

I don't. I want it to go out like futurama (Not getting cancelled of course) 20+ Seasons of rick and morty would be nice, but like those shows they'd just run out of ideas and pass it off to new writers etc. I'd want rick and morty to end on a high note like Gravity falls did. I mean they had a hard enough time writing season 3, I can only imagine how hard it would be to write season 20. 

On 8/6/2017 at 3:06 PM, iPwn said:

Anyone else try out Pocket Mortys?

I really tried to get into it. Really funny idea set in a universe I really like. It was just very shallow with no real depth to the gameplay. Still fun to kill the time though

On 9/22/2017 at 6:54 PM, OleXmad said:

I don't. I want it to go out like futurama (Not getting cancelled of course) 20+ Seasons of rick and morty would be nice, but like those shows they'd just run out of ideas and pass it off to new writers etc. I'd want rick and morty to end on a high note like Gravity falls did. I mean they had a hard enough time writing season 3, I can only imagine how hard it would be to write season 20. 

Wait, no more Gravity Falls? Wow. 

I could see another 3-5 seasons with 7-10 episodes each. They had a whole episode on multi-dimensional cable. I can't say adding additional writers to the production will lose much the main artery (or what I believe to be the main artery) to the show has progressed at a snail's pace.  

3 hours ago, nlesthought said:

Wait, no more Gravity Falls? Wow. 

I could see another 3-5 seasons with 7-10 episodes each. They had a whole episode on multi-dimensional cable. I can't say adding additional writers to the production will lose much the main artery (or what I believe to be the main artery) to the show has progressed at a snail's pace.  

3-5 seasons sounds about right. 

This season was a mixed bag to me. I could tell the writers were hyper aware of the fact that a lot of the show's most vocal fans completely missed the subtext in the first two seasons so they decided to turn it into text and it made some parts considerably less funny.

Given the show finished writing last october 

Gu3CLqp.jpg

They've had a year-ish to already start writing the scripts for next season. But given the fact they haven't been re-newed for season 4/still working out the contracts that could take a bit.

10 hours ago, Starless said:

This season was a mixed bag to me. I could tell the writers were hyper aware of the fact that a lot of the show's most vocal fans completely missed the subtext in the first two seasons so they decided to turn it into text and it made some parts considerably less funny.

what was the subtext missed in the first two seasons?

5 minutes ago, scar988 said:

what was the subtext missed in the first two seasons?

Recall Rick's speech to Beth in 'The ABCs of Beth' and his tirade to Jerry in 'The Whirly Dirly Conspiracy'... pretty much the entire 'Rest and Ricklaxation' episode. All of that was evident to anyone who actually paid attention to the first two seasons, but they decided, from reading Reddit or whatever, that their audience wasn't picking up on it so they decided to insert all that crap into the actual text of the show.

2 hours ago, Starless said:

Recall Rick's speech to Beth in 'The ABCs of Beth' and his tirade to Jerry in 'The Whirly Dirly Conspiracy'... pretty much the entire 'Rest and Ricklaxation' episode. All of that was evident to anyone who actually paid attention to the first two seasons, but they decided, from reading Reddit or whatever, that their audience wasn't picking up on it so they decided to insert all that crap into the actual text of the show.

That he's a bad father and an all around horrible person? sorry, I'm not picking up what this subtext you're talking about was supposed to be...

4 hours ago, scar988 said:

That he's a bad father and an all around horrible person? sorry, I'm not picking up what this subtext you're talking about was supposed to be...

I can't fully elaborate without getting into politics but just go back and re-watch the first two seasons and listen to the dialogue and how character development is done. Those speeches I pointed to basically amount to naked exposition to explain things that viewers should've been able to pick up on during the first two seasons about the characters and the show's overarching morality. 

On 9/22/2017 at 7:54 PM, OleXmad said:

I'd settle for six seasons and a movie.

On 10/2/2017 at 1:06 PM, scar988 said:

So my question at this point is did you miss not only the subtext, but the actual text too? If all you got out of Rick’s diatribes was that he’s an awful person, you must have still missed the themes that his diatribes literally spelled out. 

That isn’t Rick being a jerk, that’s Rick explaining Jerry’s character to people that still didn’t get it after two seasons. 

Archived