Fictional All Pro Movie Team

MWil23

34 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Did not know that was based on a real story. Holy crap that movie was corny.

Basically everything that Disney did to that movie was WRONG.

*There was no "Hall of Fame" snub for the assistant coach Yoast

*That HS had integrated SEVEN FULL YEARS before the event

*That team won the high school state championship by about 100,000 points (27-0 IRL, but the other team had NEGATIVE FIVE TOTAL YARDS), they were NEVER underdogs or a Cinderella story 

*Bertier wasn't paralyzed until about 6 months AFTER the championship game

*In real life, Boone cut NO ONE from the team

*Racial tensions were greatly exaggerated, no protests outside of the school, no brick thrown through Denzel's window, etc.

*There was no player who intentionally missed a block, etc.

There was a kid in the movie Little Giants. I can't remember his name, or who played him, but he took on the role of defacto OC for the Giants. 

Now - hear me out - I have to think if we're applying the rules of IN HIS PRIME to coaches, he's potentially a Sean McVay by now. He's part of the John Madden coaching tree, given the mentoring Madden gave him prior to the big game.

That's got to be our best bet, right?

Off to Google.

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Basically everything that Disney did to that movie was WRONG.

*There was no "Hall of Fame" snub for the assistant coach Yoast

*That HS had integrated SEVEN FULL YEARS before the event

*That team won the high school state championship by about 100,000 points (27-0 IRL, but the other team had NEGATIVE FIVE TOTAL YARDS), they were NEVER underdogs or a Cinderella story 

*Bertier wasn't paralyzed until about 6 months AFTER the championship game

*In real life, Boone cut NO ONE from the team

*Racial tensions were greatly exaggerated, no protests outside of the school, no brick thrown through Denzel's window, etc.

*There was no player who intentionally missed a block, etc.

Petition to include Denzel because the movie is actually fiction.

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Petition to include Denzel because the movie is actually fiction.

The REAL Coach Herman Boone actually coached some here in Ohio when I was in HS. He was borderline NUTS. Classic old school coach.

Just now, MWil23 said:

The REAL Coach Herman Boone actually coached some here in Ohio when I was in HS. He was borderline NUTS. Classic old school coach.

Was that the movie with the ridiculously young coach's daughter who was completely unrealistically knowledgable about football too?

She was like a 4 year old screaming on the sideline "42's the MIKE, TE's gotta protect the weakside!"

I'd like to nominate Bud Kilmer. You can question his methods, but you can't question his results. Here's his bio:

Bud Kilmer. Kilmer, a living legend in Texas football circles, has coached at West Canaan for 30 years, winning two state titles (in 1987 and 1989) and 22 district championships. His final year’s season-ending win over the Gilroy Mustangs would have marked his 23rd district championship, but he was never credited with the win because he didn’t show up to coach the team in the second half. Kilmer was named Texas State High School Coach of the Year in 1989, and the town of West Canaan erected a statue in his honor outside the football field (which is named, of course, Bud Kilmer Stadium). He is famous for being almost manically dedicated to running a grinding offense that favors a clock-draining, three-yards-and-a-cloud-of-dust approach over anything resembling a deep throw down the field. At the time of this report, it is assumed that Kilmer has retired from coaching football since he hasn’t been heard from since his disappearance after the Gilroy game.

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Was that the movie with the ridiculously young coach's daughter who was completely unrealistically knowledgable about football too?

She was like a 4 year old screaming on the sideline "42's the MIKE, TE's gotta protect the weakside!"

YES. That's another thing that actually angered the real Coach Yoast IRL. He had 4 daughters and was upset that they:

1. Left the other 3 out of it

2. Implied that she was an angry football lover who was disrespectful to adults

3. Overly enthusiastic about football X's and O's, although she loved going to watch her daddy coach (can confirm this is the case with my own 3 girls, who love the marching band and players, but to be fair, are absolutely petrified of the mascots, making it hilarious)

Just now, flyers0909 said:

I'm only here to vote someone from The Replacements for every position so give me McGinty. 

I think that they have the TE position on LOCKDOWN. That kid is LEGIT, deaf or not. The kicker is a coin flip between the chainsmoking pub owner and the kid from The Waterboy.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

I think that they have the TE position on LOCKDOWN. That kid is LEGIT, deaf or not. The kicker is a coin flip between the chainsmoking pub owner and the kid from The Waterboy.

It also depends if we're allowing Clifford Franklin to use Stickum or not.  What's the foreign substance policy in this fictional league?

4 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

It also depends if we're allowing Clifford Franklin to use Stickum or not.  What's the foreign substance policy in this fictional league?

Right now, Clifford Franklin is a long shot behind Michael Irvin from The Longest Yard and Rod Tidwell (Jerry Maguire) since we are going with a TE on the field at all times

11 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Let's go two TE, because Cheeseburger Eddy is a mismatch. 

Just now, ET80 said:

Let's go two TE, because Cheeseburger Eddy is a mismatch. 

You can have EITHER Cheeseburger Eddy OR Stone Cold as the H-Back/Fullback...not both. I'm not saying no to Stone Cold. The dude can PLAY.

Archived