2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

I don't get what the deal is with the Nets and Kyrie.  Russell is younger and less injury prone.  And last season, I think Kyrie proved that he is better suited to NOT be the best player on the team he is playing on.  If Durant or Kawhi is going to the Nets, then fine.  But if it's just Kyrie by himself?  I'd honestly pass on that and would rather have Russell.

Well one of them certainly gets more fans into the seats so maybe money is part of the issue 

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

You act like LeBron showed any sign of slowing down last year. He was definitely the biggest FA arguably in history outside of his younger self. 

He didn’t miss 27 games last season? His team wasn’t 28-27 when he did play? But yeah, you’re right. He’s not slowing down at all. Arguably the “GOAT” and barely went .500. Lmao. 

28 minutes ago, showtime said:

I don't get what the deal is with the Nets and Kyrie.  Russell is younger and less injury prone.  And last season, I think Kyrie proved that he is better suited to NOT be the best player on the team he is playing on.  If Durant or Kawhi is going to the Nets, then fine.  But if it's just Kyrie by himself?  I'd honestly pass on that and would rather have Russell.

Kyrie is from New York, grew up as a Nets fan, and wants to follow in the footsteps of Jason Kidd in terms of the Nets franchise. Thats for starters. Also I think the situation in Boston is worst than just people blaming Kyrie for. He is the scapegoat because obviously he was the one leaving. The jury is out on Brad Stevens having the ability to coach superstars because all his life he has been coaching guys that has overachieved because they bought into Stevens system. So when people mention Kyrie and Boston its deeper than just saying it didnt work in Boston so its all Kyrie fault. Not to mention the players in Boston didnt want to listen to Kyrie because they all was like they were better off without Kyrie so why should they listen to him? Also Kyrie never wanted to be there in the first place. He didnt choose to go to Boston, he was traded there and had he said he didnt want to be there he wouldve been bashed for it. He said that he want to be there if they would have him and he still got bashed because his actions truly showed he didnt want to be there. By him wanting to go to Brooklyn he actually wants to be there. This is the first time in his career he actually gets to choose where he wants to be. He didnt get to choose Cleveland because he was drafted there and he didnt get to choose Boston because he was traded there. So you can take that however you want. Kyrie being in Brooklyn where the culture is good, no big egos because the players on Brooklyn wasnt 1 quarter away from going to the NBA Finals without him and Kyrie actually wants to be in Brooklyn. Plus everytime Kyrie hears how he cant be the guy and its going to be the same as it was in Boston that is just motivation for Kyrie to go out there and prove everyone wrong. 

As for D'Lo, Id much rather have Kyrie. For starters, D'Lo isnt even the best player on the Nets. That guy is LeVert. Dont forget that LeVert was the one who was having an all-star caliber season before he got hurt. Had LeVert not gotten hurt he wouldve made the all-star and not D'Lo. He wouldve been in the running for most improved not D'Lo. The conversation wouldve been totally different. Now I like D'Lo and Im not going to disrespect what he did for the Nets all season long especially while LeVert was out but lets not pretend letting go of D'Lo would be a big mistake. LeVert even shined brighter in the playoffs than D'Lo to the point where even Butler had to give LeVert props. So technically replacing the 2nd best player on the Nets for the much more talented Kyrie isnt a bad thing. On top of that if the Nets can get Kyrie it increases KD chances of coming two fold because Kyrie and KD are close AND KD and LeVert are friends. KD isnt coming to Brooklyn if Kyrie isnt there to even begin with. So Ill quickly show D'Lo the door for a chance to bring Kyrie in because the situation in Brooklyn will totally be different than it was in Boston and Cleveland where everyone is crapping on Kyrie. 

32 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He didn’t miss 27 games last season? His team wasn’t 28-27 when he did play? But yeah, you’re right. He’s not slowing down at all. Arguably the “GOAT” and barely went .500. Lmao. 

27/8/8 on >50% shooting but continue to be the densest poster on the site. The fact that he had that garbage *** roster over .500 in the West speaks to how much he still has in the tank. When he wins MVP in 2020, I'll be accepting your apologies. 

26 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

27/8/8 on >50% shooting but continue to be the densest poster on the site. The fact that he had that garbage *** roster over .500 in the West speaks to how much he still has in the tank. When he wins MVP in 2020, I'll be accepting your apologies. 

The Lakers won 2 more games than they did the previous year, but aight. And densest poster on the site? Give me a break. You’re the one that thought the Bucks actually had a shot at a title until Giannis came up against a real superstar. 

On the court he was good individually but he’s definitely slowing down now. Evident by the fact he missed 27 games last season, ya know, the most he has ever missed in his entire career...

22 minutes ago, chiefs82 said:

"Darren Collison to @TheUndefeated: ‘I have decided to retire from the NBA’
The veteran point guard explains why he’s stepping away from the game https://t.co/EYDLaDpadd #nba" 

Wow. Good for him if he feels it's the right time, but he was on the verge of one last big payday.

Patrick Beverly and the other free agent PGs are happy about this.

8 hours ago, CWood21 said:

A lot of value?  No.  A decent amount of value?  Absolutely.  But as I believe @seminoles1 mentioned earlier, the Lakers are going to have a hard time matching salaries given that he's making less than $2M, and the Lakers don't have picks to deal until 2023.

Assets wise the three players they had IMO

Ingram

Kuzma

Ball

7 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

People slandered Vuc when he was killing it in the regular season and then decided to praise him after he was exposed in meaningful games/playoff games 

I've been on the Vuc bandwagon since the first year you guys had him.

Just now, Danger said:

How is restricted Free Agency handled in the NBA?

You can extend the QO or not. If not the player is released and becomes an UFA. If you do that means you have matching rights, so a team could give him an offer and you have the choice to match. Extending the QO also let's you go over the cap to sign that player. Also let's you do a S&T. 

Archived