2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Who do you guys want your teams to target? Assuming that we land Bojan, I'd like to see us go after: 

JaMychal Green, Jeff Green, Mike Scott, Jonas Jerebko, Maxi Kleber, Mike Muscla, and Frank Kaminsky. A stretch big like Green, Kleber, or Muscla would be awesome especially because they can play some 5 too. 

Kleber has the most potential of all those players. Add him to the Jazz with Bogdanovic and I would think they're the favorite slightly ahead of the Nuggets right now.

1 minute ago, DoleINGout said:

Kleber has the most potential of all those players. Add him to the Jazz with Bogdanovic and I would think they're the favorite slightly ahead of the Nuggets right now.

We need a high-quality backup 4/5 that can stretch the floor and defend the paint. Tony Bradley, Jarrell Brantley and Willie Reed should all make the team but we need one more legit big. Bobby Portis would be a perfect fit but I think we'll have to find someone cheaper after the Bogdanovic deal. Someone like Kleber, Muscala, or Green would be an awesome fit. We have a $4.8M MLE, anyway we could get Kleber or JaMychal Green for that? 

8 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Charlotte isn't even offering Kaminsky a qualifying offer, making him.an unrestricted free agent.

Remember when they turned down like 25 1st round picks for him from the Celtics?

Michael Jordan has no idea how to build a winning team. 

31 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

What is so bad about that. He's the closest thing to an All-Star they've had in quite a few years. He's still relatively young so I don't consider it a bad contract. And I also need some stability

Because you don’t build around a C that brings nothing special to the table. He’s soft and isn’t a good defender. He had a breakout season in a contract year, I don’t think that’s a coincidence. He’s literally a glorified Brook Lopez.

29 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Charlotte isn't even offering Kaminsky a qualifying offer, making him.an unrestricted free agent.

Remember when they turned down like 25 1st round picks for him from the Celtics?

well the cs wanted justise winslow but yeah they turned down 4 1sts to take him. 

• Like 1

I want to see us sign Bojan Bogdanovic to a 3 yr/$48M deal. Then use our MLE to sign JaMychal Green as a backup stretch big. And finally, sign Vince Carter and Joakim Noah to vet minimum deals.

PG - Mike Conley | Dante Exum | Raul Neto

SG - Donavan Mitchell | Vince Carter

SF - Joe Ingles |  Royce O'Neale 

PF - Bojan Bogdanovic | JaMychal Green | Jarell Brantley

C - Rudy Gobert | Joakim Noah | Tony Bradley

Edited by NYRaider

7 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

yet kemba will bring more to a team than kyrie 

Eh.. in some circumstances. That locker room and coach, yes, I won’t exactly fight you on that. But who would be a better addition to say.. the Lakers right now? No question, Kyrie.

I’m fine with a Boston fan saying they’d be happier with acquiring Kemba than keeping Kyrie.. but saying that they’re equal players is just not true.

Also, just saying.. I wouldn’t be in that boat.. I think their floor gets higher and their ceiling gets lower with Kemba.. my goal is championship, and I don’t see them winning one with Kemba.

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

$4.8M MLE, anyway we could get Kleber or JaMychal Green for that? 

nah not Kleber i dont think unless Dallas just doesnt want him back. Dallas can offer up to close to $7 million i believe as a RFA. With all the top free agents seemingly signing elsewhere, the Mavericks will have the cap and I guess incentive to retain Kleber even more I would have to think.

Green could maybe be had however if he sees the Jazz winning the 'ship next season. He will probably get higher offers but ya dunno if he wants to play with the Jazz this season.  

6 minutes ago, braylon said:

but saying that they’re equal players is just not true.

but no one is saying that

6 minutes ago, braylon said:

saying they’d be happier with acquiring Kemba than keeping Kyrie

they're saying that

7 minutes ago, braylon said:

who would be a better addition to say.. the Lakers right now? No question, Kyrie.

agreed

8 minutes ago, braylon said:

their floor gets higher and their ceiling gets lower with Kemba.. my goal is championship, and I don’t see them winning one with Kemba.

disagreed