2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

And they look foolish by acting like they know and making false claims. Stephen A said that Kawhi/Jimmy to LAC was gaining traction and then a couple hours later Jimmy was in Miami. Boussard said there was a 95% chance Kawhi would be a Laker last night lol.

And that's any different than Woj's ridiculously pro-Clippers' coverage the past year or so?

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Speculating and making blatantly false claims and praying they stick are two different things. SAS, Bousard, etc are entertainers. Shams, Woj, Windhorst, etc are actual insiders getting information from teams. 

They get news as they break.  Not in terms of knowing things ahead of time.

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

The issue is telling him what he can and can't post.  You don't have to read what he posts, and there's always the ignore feature at your disposal.

I'm not sure anyone is trying to imply that Broussard is this overly informed talking head.  As easy as it is to dump on guys like Broussard and SAS, they do have some sources.  Not great sources, but some sources.  Nobody knows what Kawhi is doing.

He can post what he wants but this is like the fifth Brou tweet he’s posted the past few days and I didn’t think that added anything to the discussion I wasn’t attacking him I just didn’t see the point. I guess I need to add :) on all my posts to say whatever BS I want without being told not to. I’ll remember that in the future. 

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Speculating and making blatantly false claims and praying they stick are two different things. SAS, Bousard, etc are entertainers. Shams, Woj, Windhorst, etc are actual insiders getting information from teams. 

I actually disagree with this. SAS is an entertainer with some sources. Same for Broussard. I agree Woj and Windhorst are more new reporters than anything else, but are starting to become the entertainer as well. Woj was on ESPN flat out saying Kawhi to the Lakers was impossible and couldnt get to a max spot blah blah. So lost alot of respect for Woj this offseason as he's shifting gears to becoming a guy with takes vs a guy reporting what he's hearing. 

1 minute ago, kyle21121 said:

He can post what he wants but this is like the fifth Brou tweet he’s posted the past few days and I didn’t think that added anything to the discussion I wasn’t attacking him I just didn’t see the point. I guess I need to add :) on all my posts to say whatever BS I want without being told not to. I’ll remember that in the future. 

Now you're just trying to be provocative....and I'm actually hurt after all the nice things I said about that TOR. Ha!

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

Why do you think Woj dislikes the Lakers? It’s so odd to me

I don't think Woj hates the Lakers.  I think he's got a Clippers-based source.  Couldn't tell you if it's Balmer or someone lower.  I think the Lakers have always been quiet with regards to Woj.  If someone's going to break Laker-based news, it's going to be Shams.  But Woj usually isn't able to get the Lakers' pick before anyone else.

1 minute ago, kyle21121 said:

@Leader if you are actually pissed (hard to tell sometimes on the internet) I don’t know what to tell you but if this is more jokey tounge in cheek stuff just walk it back 4-5% and I’ll reengage more cilivally in the future. 

Not pissed. If I was you wouldnt have needed to ask the question.

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

Not pissed. If I was you wouldnt have needed to ask the question.

You deleted something awful quick. Idk pretty dickhole level response here man I guess I haven’t seen you here very much you are an entitled bandwagon boy who really doesn’t know ****. I was just simply gonna squash something if you felt offended. My bad for being the bigger person. 

Archived