2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

12 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

"He recruited them"

whaaat

Poorly worded. 

But listening to the podcast right now. Dudley when asked how much communication he had with LeBron gave a suspect answer lol. You could tell LeBron didn't actually talk to him but Dudley ended with that LeBron had to sign off on the move and once he did it was like let’s get this deal done LOL. 

8 hours ago, showtime said:

But you just said the Lakers have been arguably the worst run team over the last 6-7 years.  No playoff appearances and a dysfunctional front office.  Over that same time span, the Clippers have been a yearly playoff team, have a significantly better coach and worlds better front office/ownership.  The Clippers are based in Los Angeles and play in the same arena as the Lakers.

The Lakers and Knicks were destination teams in the 80s.

Any pretending that they still are is pathetic delusion.

• LeBron is leeching off them for Hollywood connections.
  • AD was the 1-year rental version of the Hershel Walker trade.

You need to go back 7 years to find a Lakers team that did not suck.

Their last impact free agent signing might be  Metta World Peace

10 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

This is like the fifth time you regurgitated this non sense. Woj never said there was no way Pelinka would find a 3rd team, be said it would be difficult and COSTLY. It WAS. You had to give up picks to trade 3 rookies on small contracts, a guy you just took in the first round! 

The Pelicans didn’t accept the Lakers junk, they took every decent asset they had and multiple draft picks in the future! Woj clearly dismissing the rumors that New Orleans had no leverage and was going to take Kyle Kuzma and Hart for AD.

Pretty obvious to everyone out said of LA that Pelinka didn’t know fully about the date deadlines. If he had, they would’ve already pulled a 3rd team into the loop.

It screams insecurity. Woj is simply reporting what he’s being told. 

It's not nonsense when it's the truth.  You talk about it being costly to dump Isaac Bonga and Mo Wagner, and they gave up a SRP in 2023 (I believe).  Meanwhile, the Heat gave up a future FRP to dump Mo Harkless on the Clippers.  If using a SRP to dump a few small contracts is expensive, I'd hate to know what you think the cost of the Heat using a FRP to dump Harkless on the Clippers is.  But let's go back to the pick itself.  Assuming nothing goes crazy, that's a pick that's in the 50-60 range.  That's not costly.  That's a small price to pay to create max cap space.  That's something that EVERY team would do if they thought they had the ability to sign a max FA.  The Lakers clearly ~$3.5M in cap space.  Go check what the going rate was on the picks for a SRP.  That's not costly.  Stop being a homer.

Nobody in their damn mind thought that the Pelicans were going to take Kyle Kuzma and Josh Hart for Anthony Davis.  Stop being obtuse.

If you want to believe what ESPN puts out there, go right ahead.  But the fact is the Lakers found a 3rd team to loop into the deal.  You said yourself that there was no way that David Griffin would sign off on a 3rd team that would allow the Lakers to create a max FA slot.  You said it yourself.  And somehow David Griffin agreed to allowing the Wizards to be apart of the deal.  And rather than admitting you were wrong, you continue to pedal the same crap that ESPN feeds you and talk about how I'm "insecure".

12 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

Lakers were as poorly run as the Knicks. Lebron just wanted to be in LA, now they’re a huge destination because of Lebron AND being in LA. 

The Lakers aren’t a well run organization, they’re just the Lakers.

Ah yes...let's continue to find any possible reason to discredit because it fits your argument.  I mean, I wouldn't consider Boston a small market by any means and their biggest FA signing is Gordon Hayward.  You had Kyrie Irving, and he left you for a divisional rival.  You were "saving" your assets for Anthony Davis, and he went to the Lakers.

6 hours ago, showtime said:

I'm having doubts about Kawhi to the Lakers now.  The longer this drags on, the worse it seems for the Lakers.

Honestly, nothing has changed by now.  He wasn't announcing on July 1st if he was leaving Toronto.  He reportedly met with the Raptors yesterday, so he was always going to give Toronto the last word.  If it drags on much past tomorrow, I'm more concerned.

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Poorly worded. 

But listening to the podcast right now. Dudley when asked how much communication he had with LeBron gave a suspect answer lol. You could tell LeBron didn't actually talk to him but Dudley ended with that LeBron had to sign off on the move and once he did it was like let’s get this deal done LOL. 

Dudley trying spin off being a Lebron teammate into a media career. For the 1st year he will be the guy who does segments on podcasts/TV shows about what it was like playing w/ Lebron or tell us about that specific incident, etc. And try and turn that into a regular media media ala Billups or Rose.

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I love Utah's second unit heading into next season, easily one of the best in the league. 

Exum - Mudiay - Ingles - O'Neale - Davis 

It is very good.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Close but no cigar players (due to injury):

Isaiah Thomas
Boogie Cousins

Both were on the cusp of "cash in...set for life" contracts....before injury snatched it away.

Unless they’re really dumb, they should be set for life.

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I love Utah's second unit heading into next season, easily one of the best in the league. 

Exum - Mudiay - Ingles - O'Neale - Davis 

Mudiay playing minutes? I'd hold off on those predictions.

21 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Unless they’re really dumb, they should be set for life.

True. "Set for life" was just a bad word choice....but conveys the thought: they were close to having it all....then werent.

Archived