2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

Chris Mannix:  OKC sees its shot at competing in the west vaporized -- and now faces what could be a tough decision on Russell Westbrook -- but they rolled the dice on a PG trade, got him to commit and now have five first round picks to show for it. Not an ideal outcome, but a nice haul.

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

Chris Mannix:  OKC sees its shot at competing in the west vaporized -- and now faces what could be a tough decision on Russell Westbrook -- but they rolled the dice on a PG trade, got him to commit and now have five first round picks to show for it. Not an ideal outcome, but a nice haul.

Trade Westbrook and Galinari at the deadline.

3 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

No. OKCs picks aren’t that special. 

Miami's might have been before the Butler trade and clearing some bad contracts. Otherwise they have a Philly 1st and a bunch of Clippers 1sts. Those picks, barring injuries (possible with players like Embiid, Kawhi, and Butler involved), are all very low 1sts.

Boston had a bunch of essentially guaranteed lottery picks.

If I’m a Raptors fan, idgaf. My team won the championship last year. Our first ever. I’d retire kawhi’s number. It was the ballsiest all in move and it worked. If that was the Kings? I’d just be drunk during games for the next 5 years.

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

Joe Marino:  Remember that time the Spurs drafted Tim Duncan and he played in San Antonio for 19 seasons and won 5 NBA Titles while drafting well to build around him? That was cool.

Ahh whatever man. It’s a different time and the Spurs are a unique organisation. Steph Curry and Klay are gonna be Warriors for life. So let’s not like it doesn’t happen. Russ might be a Thunder for life. Dame is gonna be a blazer for life. Those guys are still around. 

58 minutes ago, Leader said:

Word on the street is he's tight with Gianni's parents? Or something like that.

This is true. He is extremely tight with him and his family and even helped them along they way and desperately wanted to try and trade up and draft him but was unable to do so. Probably a pipe dream unless things go badly in Milwaukee and they under preform. Not gonna hold my breath on this but I’ll think about it in the event that Milwaukee does flame out in the playoffs these next two seasons. 

5 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Ahh whatever man. It’s a different time and the Spurs are a unique organisation. Steph Curry and Klay are gonna be Warriors for life. So let’s not like it doesn’t happen. Russ might be a Thunder for life. Dame is gonna be a blazer for life. Those guys are still around. 

It's a different time....this is true.....and for the fans a potentially more exciting time given all the player movement - but theres something to be considered with a large % or players on really short term contract and moving from team 2 team - city 2 city - like they're on a bus tour.

Archived