2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

4 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

So 15 a year for Green is a great deal?

Says you, LeBron GM, and Rob Pelinka.

For two years, considering what’s left? Yes. We’d have paid the same price. Dallas was ready to pay more. He’s a great defender who has gravity on offense because of his shooting. Pretty perfect fit with LeBron.

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Honestly, doesn't seem like it would matter. All season the Clippers were the supposed favorites and seems like as long as they delivered on the second star, he was heading there. The way Woj made it seem, if the Clippers couldn't get someone like PG, he was Lakers bound. 

It absolutely mattered. Kawhi didn’t even meet with Pelinka, that tells you what players think of that 🤡

16 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Kawhi not meeting with Pelinka is telling. Lakers being a dysfunctional organization is why Kawhi is in LAC and not LAL.

Perhaps. Perhaps not.

Personally? I hold a fair amount of grudge in this entire matter to the Magic Man himself.

Were there internal issues and office politics? I've no doubt. They're everywhere - but - from my outside perspective looking in - I'd consider nobody - NOBODY - better situated to squash and/or set right those issues right than Magic Johnson. I mean - give me a break. He's Magic efffing Johnson and this is "his" organization - right? When he talks people listen - right?

Well - those issues - however "grand" they were - didnt get addressed. So what he do? Spends days spilling his guts on just about every media outlet there was about the very same issues he CHOSE not to address and/or correct when he had the power to do so. All in the name of his being happy again.

Personally? I found the "happiness" reasoning about the weakest I've heard of a TOP executive stepping down - and to try to set things right AFTER deciding not to when he had the capacity to do so? Weak IMO.

Whatever. Its all water under the bridge now and Pelinka will get judged on his actions since Magic's departure and going forward.

Make no mistake - I'm not diminishing Magic's influence in getting Lebron over. Nope. The guy's got pull to get things done - when he chooses to use it and he's got huge cache with the players. However, spilling guts to the media isnt the way to make changes inside the Laker FO IMO.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Perhaps. Perhaps not. he

Personally? I hold a fair amount of grudge in this entire matter to the Magic Man himself.

Were there internal issues and office politics? I've no doubt. They're everywhere - but - from my outside perspective looking in - I'd consider nobody - NOBODY - better situated to squash and/or set right those issues than Magic Johnson. I mean - give me a break. He's Magic efffing Johnson and this is "his" organization - right? When he talks people listen - right?

Well - those issues - however "grand" they were - didnt get addressed. So what he do? Spends days spilling his guts on just about every media outlet there was about the very same issues he CHOSE not to address and/or correct when he had the power to do so. All in the name of his being happy again.

Personally? I found the "happiness" reasoning about the weakest I've heard of a TOP executive stepping down - and to try to set things right AFTER deciding not to when he had the capacity to do so? Weak IMO.

Whatever. Its all water under the bridge now and Pelinka will get judged on his actions since Magic's departure and going forward.

Make no mistake - I'm not diminishing Magic's influence in getting Lebron over. Nope. The guy's got pull to get things done - when he chooses to use it and he's huge cache with the players. However, spilling guts to the media isnt the way to make changes inside the Laker FO IMO.

Just warning everyone that Pelinka is a 🐍 and a 🤡 and he was 100% right.

2 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

It absolutely mattered. Kawhi didn’t even meet with Pelinka, that tells you what players think of that 🤡

He may be just that, but Clippers were his team all along. And Woj said, if the Clippers couldn't pull the trade off for PG, he was unlikely to sign there and would have signed with the Lakers. 

Clippers recruited and tampered with Kawhi all season and it ended up working out for them. Props. 

11 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

So 15 a year for Green is a great deal?

Says you, LeBron GM, and Rob Pelinka.

For Danny Green it's good because he gives them a defender and 3pt shooter, which is what they really needed.  Plus, it's only a two year deal for him.  They should have a lot of money freed up for when LeBron opts out to go after whoever the FA's are then.

2 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

If the Lakers can still get Cousins and Rondo, I'd say this team is still (arguably) the best team in the West. 

Rondo/Cook

Green/KCP/Daniels

LeBron/Dudley

Davis/Kuzma

Cousins/McGee

No need to start Rondo to be honest and they need to bring back Caruso. 

They at least addressed their shooting more than last season by getting Daniels, Cook and Green. Problem is, Cook and Daniels defensively are suspect and will be unplayable in the playoffs in big spots. 

Just now, showtime said:

Why do the Lakers need Cousins?

I like how most people are writing off Cousins like dude isn't this immensely talented player who will be an entire year removed from a major surgery. Per 36 only two big men were better than him last year statically: AD and Embiid. And he was still getting back into shape most of the season. Why the hell would the Lakers NOT want Cousins is the real question. 

Just now, RavensTillIDie said:

I like how most people are writing off Cousins like dude isn't this immensely talented player who will be an entire year removed from a major surgery. Per 36 only two big men were better than him last year statically: AD and Embiid. And he was still getting back into shape most of the season. Why the hell would the Lakers NOT want Cousins is the real question. 

He’s a horrid defender, he’d clog the lane, we already saw AD/Boogie combo not work that well.

Archived