2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

Just now, RavensTillIDie said:

I like how most people are writing off Cousins like dude isn't this immensely talented player who will be an entire year removed from a major surgery. Per 36 only two big men were better than him last year statically: AD and Embiid. And he was still getting back into shape most of the season. Why the hell would the Lakers NOT want Cousins is the real question. 

They dont got enough money for him. 

Just now, RavensTillIDie said:

I like how most people are writing off Cousins like dude isn't this immensely talented player who will be an entire year removed from a major surgery. Per 36 only two big men were better than him last year statically: AD and Embiid. And he was still getting back into shape most of the season. Why the hell would the Lakers NOT want Cousins is the real question. 

Is there enough basketballs to go around for LeBron, AD and Cousins?  What about Cousins' attitude?

1 minute ago, RavensTillIDie said:

If he can get healthy he's still good for sure. Post ASB he was putting up good stats and was starting to get in a good rhythm.

He likely can make more elsewhere though. Lakers can only offer him 4.8M I believe. 

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

No need to start Rondo to be honest and they need to bring back Caruso. 

They at least addressed their shooting more than last season by getting Daniels, Cook and Green. Problem is, Cook and Daniels defensively are suspect and will be unplayable in the playoffs in big spots. 

I like Caruso...as a backup point guard. But unfortunately they already signed Cook for that role. Rondo is the perfect point guard for that team, in that he can be a secondary ball handler to LeBron and not be intimidated by any of the guys in the starting lineup. Not to mention, Rondo was actually shooting 36% from three last season, which actually surprised me. 

I honestly don't think Daniels cracks the rotation barring certain matchup/situations. 

12 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Just warning everyone that Pelinka is a 🐍 and a 🤡 and he was 100% right.

You dont do it sitting in front of ESPN microphones. That accomplishes nothing other than hurt the organization you supposedly love so much. It's really, really, really bad business - being practiced by the guy who touts himself as a really, really, really good businessman.

The way he stepped down created enough of a media circus - its Magic Johnson afterall....and he wants to be happy for some reason. Burning the organization - and make no mistake thats who he torched - was stupid as could be.

You want to make changes? Fine. Then do it when your both paid and empowered to do so. Dont quit then turn into
"TMZ Laker Variety" That was dumber than dumb and worked against everything else the organization was trying to achieve.

It's like this.  Before the Anthony Davis trade, I pegged the Lakers as a great spot for Kyrie Irving.  Once the Lakers traded for Davis, that changed a lot.  Obviously, Kawhi is the elite of the elite, so you have to try and get him.  However, Cousins is def not anywhere near that.  You talking about adding really good players just to add them, now.  He doesn't play great defense from what I recall and the Lakers don't need another offensive scoring option.  Is there enough basketballs to go around with LeBron, Davis and Cousins?  Cousins also has a history of a poor attitude. 

Use the money on defenders.  Honestly, I'd rather have Iggy and Avery Bradley literally all day over Cousins if I was a Laker fan.  It's not even close.

1 minute ago, RavensTillIDie said:

I like Caruso...as a backup point guard. But unfortunately they already signed Cook for that role. Rondo is the perfect point guard for that team, in that he can be a secondary ball handler to LeBron and not be intimidated by any of the guys in the starting lineup. Not to mention, Rondo was actually shooting 36% from three last season, which actually surprised me. 

I honestly don't think Daniels cracks the rotation barring certain matchup/situations. 

Rondo was also horrendous defensively and Caruso was better than him almost every game towards in the end of the season. Caruso's +/- blew Rondo's out of the water and the team just played so much better with him on the court opposed to Rondo. 

I mean Rondo likely does return for the vet minimum even though he shouldn't.

14 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Just warning everyone that Pelinka is a 🐍 and a 🤡 and he was 100% right.

I never understood why Pelinka was the one they treated right and they outted Magic.  For all the crap people spew about Magic, he was the one that drafted Lonzo, Kuzma and Hart two years ago in the same draft.  He was the one that got LeBron.  According to reports, Kawhi and his uncle met and were in contact with Magic... even tho Magic doesn't even work for the team anymore.  Pelinka didn't do any of that.  Pelinka has a crap reputation among most people in the basketball world for him being a slime ball when he was a agent.  The dude essentially got this job because he's pretty much a family friend of Kobe and the Lakers only pretty much hire family and friends anyway because they're morons.

If the Lakers win this year, Pelinka would pretty much be enjoying the fruits of Magic's labor.

5 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Rondo was actually shooting 36% from three last season, which actually surprised me.

I guess Rondo coming back would be okay.....although I'm not overly impressed. }
Problem with him last year was he was continually getting hurt. Hell, it seemed we had guys dropping like flys throughout the season.

Archived