2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

16 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

He will be back for the playoffs and that’s all that matters.

There's no guarantee he even comes back this upcoming season. It's already July and it still hasn't even been one month since he tore his ACL.  It's not like he tore it in December.  He tore it in June.  He might actually miss the entire season next year.  I hope he comes back, but you can't guarantee he does.  And even if he does, he's just going to miss like 10 months of professional basketball and come back just like he was before his injury?  That's asking an awful lot.  He's a human being, not a superhero.

20 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

All depends on seeding. That team should easily be able to win a first round series against a lower seed, but if they get matched up with a fully healthy Clippers, Lakers or GSW - yeah I'm not betting on them in that matchup. But that's not to say they aren't legitimate or Mitchell isn't a superstar (he is) and Gobert and Conley are definitely top 25 players. Just a case of there being some immensely talented teams out west. 

Donovan Mitchell is a superstar?  You're insane.  Like.... I get you like Mitchell, but this is absurd.  To call him a superstar at this moment is crazy.  If you think he'll become that in the future, then more power to you.  But he's not a superstar right now.... he's not even close to that. 

1 minute ago, showtime said:

There's no guarantee he even comes back this upcoming season. It's already July and it still hasn't even been one month since he tore his ACL.  It's not like he tore it in December.  He tore it in June.  He might actually miss the entire season next year.  I hope he comes back, but you can't guarantee he does.  And even if he does, he's just going to miss like 10 months of professional basketball and come back just like he was before his injury?  That's asking an awful lot.  He's a human being, not a superhero.

All I’m saying is if he’s back they haven 4 all stars on the roster.  People are seriously underselling them.

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

It’s very unlikely he misses the entire year next season. Barring a setback in fact, not a chance he misses the entire year. ACL tears are no longer a 12 month injury. Players come back in 7-10 months now.

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

All I’m saying is if he’s back they haven 4 all stars on the roster.  People are seriously underselling them.

I agree with that.  I think the Warriors are going to be really good without Klay.  I think Steph Curry is about to go on a tear and be in the MVP discussion again.  If Klay can come back to form, they're absolutely a contender.

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

Dont extend the mental effort. He's been trying to lure me into his trolling for weeks.
I just read it and scroll on past.

Told you you would eat **** for being so cocky like you knew Kawhi was going to the Lakers. Eat it and scroll boy.

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

No, no......GS will be there....in the playoffs. I have a hard time imagining them dropping like a stone.

I honestly havent followed the comings and goings from your roster......but feel confident they're holding their own in the transactions.
Klay might be awhile and when he returns his game may be a bit slower - but its not like its built on blazing speed and jumping tall buildings. He can shoot lights out.....so when he gets that back....he'll draw defensive coverage just like always.

7 minutes ago, showtime said:

Donovan Mitchell is a superstar?  You're insane.  Like.... I get you like Mitchell, but this is absurd.  To call him a superstar at this moment is crazy.  If you think he'll become that in the future, then more power to you.  But he's not a superstar right now.... he's not even close to that. 

Only the 4th player in the last 20 years to average 20+ ppg as the leading scorer for a playoff team in his 2nd season along with LeBron, Wade, and Blake. Not to mention he missed all of last summer and when he worked himself back into shape (the last 44 games) he averaged 27/5/5 on 45/42... But alright. AD is a "superstar" but has never led his team to 50 wins and has made the playoffs 2 times in 7 seasons. Not to mention AD/LeBron are a combined 4-8 in series against Western Conference teams and their teams went a combined 53-58 when they were on the court... 

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Big if though... it's unlikely he will be normal Klay as @showtime said. However with DAngelo Russell and the rest of the roster, the Warriors are absolutely being undersold if they're not expected to make the playoffs as a 7 or 8 seed.

3 minutes ago, showtime said:

He isn't a superstar but he is a star and at times Mitchell's performances have elevated to superstar level. By the playoffs next year Mitchell, (along with other guards in the west like McCollum, Murray and DAngelo Russell), may be accurately described as the equivalent to superstar level performer in the playoffs. We'll have to wait and see what the results are. Mitchell is on the cusp essentially, I'm saying but to your point it isn't a guarantee that he shows up in 2020. Heck, Kyrie Irving didn't show up at all for the Celtics.

17 minutes ago, Leader said:

Lebron was injured on 12/27 of last year. The team was 21+15 at the time.

By time he returned - due to injury to others on the team, plus all the "everybodies gonna get traded for AD" rumors flying around - the team was pretty much out of it.

And they were a fringe .500 team when he was on the court so that's reality. 

11 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Curry, Draymond are good enough to be top 8 imo. But it’s not just Curry and Draymond. It’s including D-lo too.

I ain't a D-Lo believer, and we still don't know how long they hold onto him. Gotta see how he fits before I make any definitive statements. 

Archived