2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

23 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Pretty sad but normally why I choose to ignore the NBA forum altogether. A bunch of trolls who clown on anything Laker related yet the Lakers have the worst fans ever... Lakers fans on here are actually pretty mello and down-to-earth yet troll..troll..troll.

@CWood21 said Kawhi is mentally weak if he chose to play somewhere else and that there was only a 5% chance he'd go to the Clippers. @showtime said that the Lakers are one of only 3 teams that matter in the West. Lakers fans are the worst fans on this board. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

And they were a fringe .500 team when he was on the court so that's reality. 

You continue to ignore the fact that this was without Anthony Davis and LeBron James playing together. Not to mention there are plenty of other good players like Danny Green (champion), Quinn Cook (champion), Kyle Kuzma, and Troy Daniels.

2 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

I ain't a D-Lo believer, and we still don't know how long they hold onto him. Gotta see how he fits before I make any definitive statements. 

They'll fit together and make it work, I have little doubt. It's he Warriors we're talking about after all.

1 minute ago, DoleINGout said:

Big if though... it's unlikely he will be normal Klay as @showtime said. However with DAngelo Russell and the rest of the roster, the Warriors are absolutely being undersold if they're not expected to make the playoffs as a 7 or 8 seed.

He isn't a superstar but he is a star and at times Mitchell's performances have elevated to superstar level. By the playoffs next year Mitchell, (along with other guards in the west like McCollum, Murray and DAngelo Russell), may be accurately described as the equivalent to superstar level performer in the playoffs. We'll have to wait and see what the results are. Mitchell is on the cusp essentially, I'm saying but to your point it isn't a guarantee that he shows up in 2020. Heck, Kyrie Irving didn't show up at all for the Celtics.

Players who have truly earned 'superstar' status for their on the court play (I'll ignore all the off the court stuff for now) are guys like LeBron James, James Harden, Kawhi Leonard, etc.  You have to preform at a high level.  All of those guys have done that outside of Harden in the postseason.  The thing about Harden is he leads the league in scoring and is an MVP player. 

Mitchell just shot like 30% from the field in the playoffs this year.  I get that guy is a good player and he's had some great moments, but you have to do it in the playoffs.  That's what makes the difference between guys like Paul George and Kawhi Leonard.  George is an awesome player and he has had some MVP stretches in his career in the regular season; however, George has routinely fell short in the playoffs, which Leonard has not. 

You have to do it in the playoffs and Mitchell has not done that yet.

I'm going to go ahead and kill two birds with one stone.  @MookieMonstah and @NYRaider, do you think Kawhi would have signed with the Clippers had they not swung a deal for Paul George prior?  So unless you have a Magic 8 ball that told you Paul George was going to suddenly become available, your ENTIRE attempt at trolling is in vain.  But whatever strokes your ego I guess.

4 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Well I wasn’t the only one that said his posts were pretty much sarcastic but go on with your self calling people “boy” boy.

Sarcastic =\= mellow and down to earth

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

@CWood21 said Kawhi is mentally weak if he chose to play somewhere else and that there was only a 5% chance he'd go to the Clippers. @showtime said that the Lakers are one of only 3 teams that matter in the West. Lakers fans are the worst fans on this board. 

No.  I said he was mentally weak if he was afraid of playing with LeBron.  I stand by that statement.  I also said there was a 5% chance he'd go to the Clippers without another star.  Again, another poor attempt at trolling.

Just now, CWood21 said:

I'm going to go ahead and kill two birds with one stone.  @MookieMonstah and @NYRaider, do you think Kawhi would have signed with the Clippers had they not swung a deal for Paul George prior?  So unless you have a Magic 8 ball that told you Paul George was going to suddenly become available, your ENTIRE attempt at trolling is in vain.  But whatever strokes your ego I guess.

He lives. I don't care what led Kawhi to the Clippers, its just hilarious watching all the Lakers fans who were chest thumping back pedal and go full spin zone.

Just now, showtime said:

Players who have truly earned 'superstar' status for their on the court play (I'll ignore all the off the court stuff for now) are guys like LeBron James, James Harden, Kawhi Leonard, etc.  You have to preform at a high level.  All of those guys have done that outside of Harden in the postseason.  The thing about Harden is he leads the league in scoring and is an MVP player. 

Mitchell just shot like 30% from the field in the playoffs this year.  I get that guy is a good player and he's had some great moments, but you have to do it in the playoffs.  That's what makes the difference between guys like Paul George and Kawhi Leonard.  George is an awesome player and he has had some MVP stretches in his career in the regular season; however, George has routinely fell short in the playoffs, which Leonard has not. 

You have to do it in the playoffs and Mitchell has not done that yet.

Right, Donovan Mitchell isn't a superstar, we can all agree on that. But by the time the playoffs roll around in 2020, Mitchell will have gotten even better and the flashes we've seen already will theoretically be more commonplace. Hence superstar level performer like I said, but not the actual title of a superstar. I agree with you on the original point, but I'm taking it further to account for the growth we'll see baring catastrophic injury or a similarly low-percentile event. Again, even with greater consistency from Mitchell at a superstar level, we still need to see it the results speak for themselves before declaring him a superstar.

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

He lives. I don't care what led Kawhi to the Clippers, its just hilarious watching all the Lakers fans who were chest thumping back pedal and go full spin zone.

Because literally the unexpected happen.  LIS, if you have a Magic 8 ball that predicted that Paul George would be traded to the Clippers, let alone be available I'd KILL to have it.

Archived