Jets fire Mike Maccagnan.

MikeT14

5 hours ago, mattmanz91 said:

Not sure who this is or how connected he is but he's saying it's a done deal. 

If they dont have a blue check mark, move along. He is just regurgitating things others have said the last 3 or 4 days.  Nothing to see here. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Read something that the uncertainty surrounding Woody Johnson’s status with the team could be stalling the GM search

Seen that too. Woody signed off on Gase so I doubt he’d not trust his brother and Gase with the GM hire especially if it’s Douglas and we’re getting praise for it. 

I will say one thing, if Woody comes back in 2020/2021 and we’re riding a wave of success and he’s not getting any credit I wonder how he’ll feel about that and if he’ll do something Jerry Jones like to get his name out there.

As a original Jet fan since 1964, Mike Maccagan, has been the worst GM in their history. His drafting has been beyond bad. There are several people on this board, that would have done a better drafting than Macc, I really believe that. It sure seems like there is more research on players by people on this board than on the entire Jets scouting staff. Macc, had to go.

Based on Gase's press conference, he seemed to confirm that he disagreed on the price tag Le'Veon Bell, but he flatly denied that he felt the same way about Mosley. Said "I took a paycut to get him... we did everything in our power to get him"

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

Based on Gase's press conference, he seemed to confirm that he disagreed on the price tag Le'Veon Bell, but he flatly denied that he felt the same way about Mosley. Said "I took a paycut to get him... we did everything in our power to get him"

I read into those comments they way you did as well. 

The key part about his answer on Bell though is that he thinks Bell is a great player and looking to have him in the offense. Thr contract is what it is at this point.

Edited by SDotNova

Sounds like Darnold was lighting it up at practice. Football can't start soon enough. If our guys can stay healthy, Robby, Crowder, Bell, Herndon and Enunwa are going to be fun to watch. There's not much overlap in skillset amongst those guys. 

Gase was great in the presser today. Literally was direct with just about everything. So he thought Bell got more than he should have, Im sure that happens very very often when trying to sign guys. Basically the media looked terrible today and Gase called them out on every false report. Excellent job. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

Gase was great in the presser today. Literally was direct with just about everything. So he thought Bell got more than he should have, Im sure that happens very very often when trying to sign guys. Basically the media looked terrible today and Gase called them out on every false report. Excellent job. 

Talk about crazy reports, I heard today down here in Florida, that the Jets were thinking about bringing in a network reporter to head up the search for a new GM. Both the guys on the radio were serious, and said it was a crazy idea. I missed the reporter name they were talking about. Is there any truth to this ??

Edited by doumeyer

13 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Talk about crazy reports, I heard today down here in Florida, that the Jets were thinking about bringing in a network reporter to head up the search for a new GM. Both the guys on the radio were serious, and said it was a crazy idea. I missed the reporter name they were talking about. Is there any truth to this ??

I don’t think that’s true. Gase said he and a small group of people are currently coming up with the job description which will then be presented to Chris Johnson. After that, they will come up with a list of candidates and go from there.

The fox guy is likely interviewing for something else. Possibly something media related. 

Edited by SDotNova

16 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Actually I found this report which makes more sense. It’s a tv broadcast position. 

As I noted in my previous post, per Gase the GM search is being led by a few Jets front office people and Gase.

https://www.sny.tv/jets/news/source-jets-discussing-tv-broadcasts-not-gm-search-with-peter-schrager/307337040

7 hours ago, SDotNova said:

Actually I found this report which makes more sense. It’s a tv broadcast position. 

As I noted in my previous post, per Gase the GM search is being led by a few Jets front office people and Gase.

https://www.sny.tv/jets/news/source-jets-discussing-tv-broadcasts-not-gm-search-with-peter-schrager/307337040

Thanks for the info, that has to be what they were talking about.