2019 NBA Finals - (1) Golden State Warriors vs (2) Toronto Raptors (TOR leads 3-2)

beekay414

17 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Well, the season ticket holders are still there at their regular price. 

I obv can’t confirm as someone who lives elsewhere but in CAN season ticket holders for the sports teams in the other sports get first crack at the seats - but have to pay playoff prices.  I doubt the NBA model is different than the NHL & MLB  

When the Blue Jays and other Canadian Hockey team were in the playoffs that applied.   I really doubt it’s any different there.  No doubt the fans who cheered the injury were d-bags.   But it’s no given they were the regulars.  

2 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I obv can’t confirm as someone who lives elsewhere but in CAN season ticket holders for the sports teams in the other sports get first crack at the seats - but have to pay playoff prices.  I doubt the NBA model is different than the NHL & MLB  

When the Blue Jays and other Canadian Hockey team were in the playoffs that applied.   I really doubt it’s any different there.  No doubt the fans who cheered the injury were d-bags.   But it’s no given they were the regulars.  

someone confirmed on reddit I believe that his upper level season tickets are ~$300, and he mentioned that most if not all in his section were the actual season ticket holders. 

People need to relax about the 7 tech playoff rule being a joke. Since this was instituted only one player had received 7 techs and actually got suspended for a game. Hell Sheed only got 6 as his playoff career high. 

Also you can find a video of warriors fans cheering Kawhi’s injury from two seasons ago so again don’t act so high and mighty no stupid meatball fanbase is above that you think you are and maybe you personally are but come on this shouldn’t still be a topic. Again it’s deplorable and I’m not defending anyone. 

I’m sure it was a mix of regulars and 1%’s doing so but it doesn’t matter I’m sure plenty of people got their $300 season seat tix and paid $850 and sold it off for $7k to people willing to do so. Why not pay for most of next years tickets by not going to one game? 

Again as I’ve said since the Philly series one game at a time. Raps gotta play this game 6 like a game 7. 

6 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Also you can find a video of warriors fans cheering Kawhi’s injury from two seasons ago so again don’t act so high and mighty no stupid meatball fanbase is above that you think you are and maybe you personally are but come on this shouldn’t still be a topic.

Link? Or you're making it up...

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Link? Or you're making it up...

I’m not making it up. You can find it on YouTube I believe. I don’t think it’s as bad as what Toronto did but still all fan bases suck in this regard. Hell an investor of theirs litterally pushed an opposing player in rage a few games ago no one is above this dumb meatball fandom thing. 

Just now, kyle21121 said:

I’m not making it up. You can find it on YouTube I believe. I don’t think it’s as bad as what Toronto did but still all fan bases suck in this regard. Hell an investor of theirs litterally pushed an opposing player in rage a few games ago no one is above this dumb meatball fandom thing. 

The Lowry push was soooo dramatic, give me a break. Toronto's fans were legit waving bye and celebrating KD's injury. There's no video of GSW's fans celebrating Kawhi's injury because it never happened. 

I honestly was rooting for Toronto to win until their fans did that, now I'm praying the Warriors win these next two games. Kawhi will bounce this summer and the Raptors will return to mediocirty where they belong. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Lowry push was soooo dramatic, give me a break. Toronto's fans were legit waving bye and celebrating KD's injury. There's no video of GSW's fans celebrating Kawhi's injury because it never happened. 

I honestly was rooting for Toronto to win until their fans did that, now I'm praying the Warriors win these next two games. Kawhi will bounce this summer and the Raptors will return to mediocirty where they belong. 

Dude that was still a dumb meatball thing to do regardless. It wasn’t malicious and no one got hurt but he’s an owner and he still did something a drunk frat boy would have done. 

Look as I said I am not gonna defend the fans for doing this but there are literally countless examples of other fan bases cheering on injuries. It’s a bad look but this isn’t the one team that’s ever done this. 

I don't get the "refs are getting paid well, so they can handle the abuse" argument. You could also say that players are getting paid millions, so they can control themselves. No one builds up 7 techs from stuff like accidentally hitting the ref with the ball. The 7 tech rule is to dissuade players from making a habit of verbal abuse. 

Of course 7 techs is completely arbitrary and you could argue excessive, but certain players are acting with impunity and need to be cooled down. At least that's how the league feels.

At the time the Raptors fans were cheering, nobody knew how serious Durant's injury was especially because he was able to get up and walk off.  Had they brought a stretcher out there or something like that, I highly doubt they would have been cheering.  Also, they want to win the series and realize they have a much better chance if Durant is out.  I don't think anyone there wants him to be hurt like he is, they were more so cheering because they have a chance to win again lol

Archived