Chris Jones vs Fletcher Cox

Buckweath

Chris Jones vs Fletcher Cox  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Chris Jones vs Fletcher Cox?

Arguably the the top 2 interior defensive linemen in the game after Aaron Donald.

Who do you think is better right now?

I'm arguing with a fellow Chiefs fan who thinks Chris Jones was clearly better last year and I believe the opposite.

I might be taking Jones moving forward as he is younger and might still be improving a bit but I do think Cox was better last year.

• Like 1

I'm taking Chris Jones.. I haven't seen anyone as explosive as Aaron Donald than him..

Cox is great.. But Jones has elite potential to be an elite pass rusher and top 5 in that position.... But if i'm being honest I'm taking Buckner over both tbh.. What he does with zero help on that line is phenomenal. Dude is a scary guy.

Edited by El ramster
  • Like 1

Cox is definitely the more well-rounded player, though I'm not sure he's ever quite put up a season like Jones had last year in terms of disruption in the passing game. Not just in sacks, but batted passes as well. Made a huge difference against Indy in that regard.

But I think the run D gap is bigger than the pass rush gap, so Cox by a little bit right now.

44 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Cox is definitely the more well-rounded player, though I'm not sure he's ever quite put up a season like Jones had last year in terms of disruption in the passing game. Not just in sacks, but batted passes as well. Made a huge difference against Indy in that regard.

But I think the run D gap is bigger than the pass rush gap, so Cox by a little bit right now.

I’d argue Cox was more consistently disruptive last year in the passing game despite the sack numbers. Cox had 95 pressures to Jones 73, 34 qb hits to Jones 29, and a pressure rate of 11.4% compared to 9.4% for Jones.  Cox played 830 snaps, Jones played 773.

Jones deflections and that pick six were nice though.  And he looks like a better finisher with the eye test and by the numbers.  Got a sack on more than 1/5 pressures, that is insanely high.

Edited by KellChippy
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, KellChippy said:

I’d argue Cox was more consistently disruptive last year in the passing game despite the sack numbers. Cox had 95 pressures to Jones 73, 34 qb hits to Jones 29, and a pressure rate of 11.4% compared to 9.4% for Jones.  Cox played 830 snaps, Jones played 773.

Jones deflections and that pick six were nice though.  And he looks like a better finisher with the eye test and by the numbers.  Got a sack on more than 1/5 pressures, that is insanely high.

One could say Cox is better at penetrating.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

At this point in their careers, I like Jones, a lot.....

It's not like Cox is some old man. Dude is 28. I mean sure if you're saying you want to take a guy for then next 10 years then I can see your argument.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

It's not like Cox is some old man. Dude is 28. I mean sure if you're saying you want to take a guy for then next 10 years then I can see your argument.

That's exactly what my argument is

Edited by MSURacerDT55