Jump to content
turtle28

Redskins and Scherff working on contract extension

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Brandon Scherff confirms that he and the Redskins have & have been talking about a contract extension

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/brandon-scherff-confirms-he-and-redskins-have-been-talking-about-contract-extension

"We've been talking, but I'm not really worried about that," he said after OTAs on Monday. "I'm here for another year, so that's all I'm worried about right now. Everything will take care of itself."

At OTAs, however, Scherff was a full participant with no brace or apparent encumbrances from the injury. 

"I'm feeling really good, just taking it slow and making sure I'm 100 percent," he said. 

Expect the free agent market to be quite bullish. Once a lesser-paid position than tackle, guards have recently started pulling in significant cash. Zach Martin's recent contract extension in Dallas pays him more than $14 million per season, and Jacksonville is paying Andrew Norwell more than $13 million this year.

Edited by turtle28

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They have to pay him. Don’t be stupid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

They have to pay him. Don’t be stupid. 

Yep! Pay the man!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Brandon Scherff confirms that he and the Redskins have & have been talking about a contract extension

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/brandon-scherff-confirms-he-and-redskins-have-been-talking-about-contract-extension

 

tenor.gif?itemid=4120925

Leonard who? Scherff was the right choice- as I said at the time :) )

Edited by Doc Draper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They're going to overpay for a guard and wonder why they cant address Center or Left Guard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scherff is worth it. If we had a winning team this guy is hof calibre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could still go either way on Scherff or Leonard Williams. Williams has more value as a pass rushing and run stuffing DT/3-4DE and it was amongst the teams greatest needs at the time as well.

I like Scherff but if I had the choice, I’d take LWill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I could still go either way on Scherff or Leonard Williams. Williams has more value as a pass rushing and run stuffing DT/3-4DE and it was amongst the teams greatest needs at the time as well.

I like Scherff but if I had the choice, I’d take LWill.

I agree. Also had they did their research on La'el Collins like they did with Foster, Collins could've been a great replacement for Scherff. Williams, Smith, and Collins with the first 3 picks wouldn't have been bad. Plus they picked Crowder in the 4th that year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Slateman said:

They're going to overpay for a guard and wonder why they cant address Center or Left Guard.

Why would they need to address center? I would assume the idea for LG is Wes Martin or possibly Ross P. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

I agree. Also had they did their research on La'el Collins like they did with Foster, Collins could've been a great replacement for Scherff. Williams, Smith, and Collins with the first 3 picks wouldn't have been bad. Plus they picked Crowder in the 4th that year.

Hasn’t Collins been a disappointment? Considering he would’ve been a top 15 pick without the weird murder thing happening and teams being terrified he was involved. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the guy but he was overdrafted  now we'll have to overpay to keep him . 

That's a hellova chunk of the Salary Cap -- for a guard. The heart says pay him, the head says  let him walk dumbass ! Draft his replacement and take the comp pick.

What would Belichick do ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Hasn’t Collins been a disappointment? Considering he would’ve been a top 15 pick without the weird murder thing happening and teams being terrified he was involved. 

I thought Collins was good when he was at LG but after Free retired he was moved to RT and hasn’t been as good at RT as he was at LG but I don’t think he’s been awful even at RT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Why would they need to address center? I would assume the idea for LG is Wes Martin or possibly Ross P. 

 

Also I wouldn't say Chase isn't a reliable guy at the moment. He should get competition but he doesn't need a replacement right now. Chase is a starting Center in the league.

Edited by Skins212689

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Skins212689 said:

Also I wouldn't say Chase isn't a reliable guy at the moment. He should get competition but he doesn't need a replacement right name. Chase is a starting Center in the league.

Nominally speaking, he got competition in the form of Washington drafting Pierschbacher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Woz said:

Nominally speaking, he got competition in the form of Washington drafting Pierschbacher.

True. So there's his competition, a young hungry guy making sure Chase doesn't get too comfortable. Is Piershchbacer going take Chase spot this year? Probaly not. In a year or two? Possibly. Making Chase a possible expendable piece in the future. 

Edited by Skins212689

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×