2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

2 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

yeah probably wouldn't get that, but team trying to win now not be desperate. Rams interior line sucks too.. few playoff teams could use Gabe

Agreed.  More than the pick we'd get, I'd be excited about the almost ten million in space we'd open up.  We proved to be very good with him on the line.  

Edited by Totty
  • Like 1

Just now, Humble_Beast said:

Rams are so bad too.. they have no problem dealing picks, I wouldn't even mind if the pick was in 2021 if it was a high pick 

Rams definitely have a need on the OL, however, they should be strapped cap wise by now. 

On 10/21/2019 at 8:47 PM, Humble_Beast said:

Would you guys trade Gabe Jackson to a contender for a 2nd or 3rd?  A team like the Pats could really use a guard like Gabe Jackson. Good has shown his is a good guard. Pull the trigger and  trade Gabe for a 2nd or even a 3rd If we could get that much. Save money to go get defense in free agency 

No. Incognito probably only has a year left and we'd be creating a huge hole after this season. Our offense has been successful because of how dominant our offensive line has been, why give up a key piece of it and hope you can replace it? 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

No. Incognito probably only has a year left and we'd be creating a huge hole after this season. Our offense has been successful because of how dominant our offensive line has been, why give up a key piece of it and hope you can replace it? 

I would rule out a 2nd because we should be able to replace his play with a G in the 2nd but that comes down to cap space vs risk of rookie.  I would not say yes or no right now.  I am really excited to see this line play together this week. Jackson last week had a few plays where he demolished a defensive linemen.  The right side of the line is going to be scary if Jackson plays with a mean streak.  I just looked it up and we average 336 across the line.  Is there another team higher than that?

1 minute ago, drfrey13 said:

I would rule out a 2nd because we should be able to replace his play with a G in the 2nd but that comes down to cap space vs risk of rookie.  I would not say yes or no right now.  I am really excited to see this line play together this week. Jackson last week had a few plays where he demolished a defensive linemen.  The right side of the line is going to be scary if Jackson plays with a mean streak.  I just looked it up and we average 336 across the line.  Is there another team higher than that?

We're already going to have a ton of cap space this summer and can create more if needed. Jackson is a pro bowl level player, you don't trade him and hope a rookie can replace his production and consistency. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

We're already going to have a ton of cap space this summer and can create more if needed. Jackson is a pro bowl level player, you don't trade him and hope a rookie can replace his production and consistency. 

That is why I said we would have to weigh our options.  I would not do it right now because I want to see this line play together.  If they are just unstoppable then I keep that right side together as long as I possibly can.  My only reservation is that Brown and Jackson have not played side by side yet.  If for whatever reason they can not make it work then of course I would look to move one, most likely Jackson, because we know Brown with a mid level FA G make a dominant right side still.

1 minute ago, drfrey13 said:

That is why I said we would have to weigh our options.  I would not do it right now because I want to see this line play together.  If they are just unstoppable then I keep that right side together as long as I possibly can.  My only reservation is that Brown and Jackson have not played side by side yet.  If for whatever reason they can not make it work then of course I would look to move one, most likely Jackson, because we know Brown with a mid level FA G make a dominant right side still.

The OL is by far the best unit we have and Jackson is probably our 2nd best player in that group. We need to keep it together as long as possible and invest our cap space and draft picks into other position groups. 

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Good has been solid but Jackson is a pro bowl level talent. 

Good is better because of Brown.  Brown on the oline is like having a shutdown corner.  It is not exactly the same because of stunts and changing assignments but he simplifies and makes everyone else's job easier.

Just now, NYRaider said:

The OL is by far the best unit we have and Jackson is probably our 2nd best player in that group. We need to keep it together as long as possible and invest our cap space and draft picks into other position groups. 

I agree but we have not seen it all together yet.  I am 99% sure it gets better but you have to leave open the possibility, even extremely small, that they may not work well together.  Some times dream teams become nightmares.

Just now, drfrey13 said:

Good is better because of Brown.  Brown on the oline is like having a shutdown corner.  It is not exactly the same because of stunts and changing assignments but he simplifies and makes everyone else's job easier.

Good could very well be the starter next year too. Who knows how much Incognito still has left in the tank, at the very most I think he'll play one year in Vegas and then retire.