2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

35 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

didn't get this far in the thread before I typed my "grammatically" bad reply.lol but I knew this was coming.lol its called reaping what you sow.lol  hence the wiley e. coyote nickname.

I spit my Diet Coke out my mouth as I read this.  Definitely a case of reaping what they sow!

ive tried to make my point that the attacks are going to far and I extended my hand in peace but it was left hanging.  I’d certainly like bury the hatchet and just end it all, and I’m sure most of the “old timers” would too.  But that’s going to require respect given both ways.

More and more people are getting tired of it and speaking out.

24 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

FWIW 

Jordan Love (38 games): 1,125 attempts, 29 INT's, 2.58% interception % 

Patrick Mahomes (32 games): 1,349 attempts, 29 INT's, 2.15% interception %

Matt Ryan (43 games): 1,347 attempts, 37 INT's, 2.75% interception %

It’s not the number of INTs it’s the “quality” (I don’t know the word for it) of them. 

im pulling stuff out my a$$ here but There’s a difference between Mahomes airing it out and having a safety jump a mid-deep pass vs Love throwing and int on a 8yd curl route that he telegraphed and locked onto his first option and never looked off and threw to him despite being blanketed.

i could live with Love’s number, it’s the way they happened which makes them a glaring concern.  But like I’ve said it’s a concern That can be fixed... but we have to factor that into his overall analysis and grade.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, roi34 said:

12. Herbert

19. Terrell or higgins

Could be crazy. Draft.. love it!

Anything’s possible... if Andrew Thomas falls to 12 and lamb and Jeudy and Simmons and the QBs are gone... it suck but Thomas is a great player.  Maybe move him to Guard? Cut Jackson?

1 minute ago, jimkelly02 said:

Anything’s possible... if Andrew Thomas falls to 12 and lamb and Jeudy and Simmons and the QBs are gone... it suck but Thomas is a great player.  Maybe move him to Guard? Cut Jackson?

Um No, an O lineman in the 1st would be a brain dead pick.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, roi34 said:

But I don't want 2-14mill a year #2's

Is Anderson going to get that much on the open market? Plus Williams is on a team friendly deal and can be cut after the season with no dead cap, I'm sure we could structure Anderson's deal in a similar fashion. I'd still be super stoked with CeeDee Lamb, Jerry Jeudy, or Henry Ruggs with one of our first round picks. But historically first round pick WR's don't always dominate as rookies. Hell, Hunter Renfrow's numbers last season (49 catches, 605 yards) were better than the rookie numbers of 14/17 WR's selected in the 1st round over the last 5 years. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Is Anderson going to get that much on the open market? Plus Williams is on a team friendly deal and can be cut after the season with no dead cap, I'm sure we could structure Anderson's deal in a similar fashion. I'd still be super stoked with CeeDee Lamb, Jerry Jeudy, or Henry Ruggs with one of our first round picks. But historically first round pick WR's don't always dominate as rookies. Hell, Hunter Renfrow's numbers last season (49 catches, 605 yards) were better than the rookie numbers of 14/17 WR's selected in the 1st round over the last 5 years. 

I'd look at Breshad Perriman over Anderson.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

100% correct, love every bit of this post

(standing ovation 👏👏👏)

But you kinda gut punched me when I realized I’m in the “old guy” Division with you... I only have 4 grey hairs btw so I’m not that old lol 

you want a comp on my hair look no further than favre,lol. we could be brothers from another mother. im definitely sporting good "man chrome".lol  ive had the side walls since 30.lol but ive either had a shaved head or mohawk for the last 28 yrs.lol im 51 fwiw.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Why would we take an OT in the first round? 

I don’t want one,,, maybe I misread what was said.
But I thought the question was what is all our top choices are gone and we take a OT or QB.

and I’ve seen Thomas drop past us in some mocks. So I merely was talking about what was brought up.

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

It’s not the number of INTs it’s the “quality” (I don’t know the word for it) of them. 

im pulling stuff out my a$$ here but There’s a difference between Mahomes airing it out and having a safety jump a mid-deep pass vs Love throwing and int on a 8yd curl route that he telegraphed and locked onto his first option and never looked off and threw to him despite being blanketed.

i could live with Love’s number, it’s the way they happened which makes them a glaring concern.  But like I’ve said it’s a concern That can be fixed... but we have to factor that into his overall analysis and grade.

9 of Loves 17 INTs were tips, or thrown into tight coverage on 3rd down. 

2 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

You really owned BP and I.  We’re total trolls of Love. And that’s a great comprehensive review of everything we’ve said.

Your the biggest troll on here.  If anyone gets a good point in against your you don’t come back with a counterpoint you just double down, make an even more outlandish point and call “trolls” on people.

The more people bring up Love’s issues (btw no one has ever bashed Love, only said he has several major issues and isn’t a top 12 pick) the more potential you see in Love.  He’s now a top 3 QB NFL potential? Well why is he QB 3-5 in this Draft alone?  

You said:    “I watched a video where out of 17 INTs he had this year, 9 of those were tips or he had nobody open on the play, not even a step, on 3rd down. Some food for thought. 
Way to distort the tape to fit your agenda.  There was 2 tips and 1 play where the RB literally handed it to the CB.  That’s still 14 others not 9.  
So your literally telling everyone he threw 14 ints to a WR that had not even a step open.  You throw it again and punt! You don’t throw a INT and give up crazy field position.  None of these INTs were the false narrative “he was losing, end of the game, had to heave it up and try to make a play”... in fact he was winning or within 1 score on almost all of them,,, I think all but I didn’t rewatch the tape.  
Way to minimize such a massive issue.

ive come to realize that while you call people names and make corny “jokes” at people from the safety of a keyboard.... you don’t have the ability to disprove opponents points.  You just minimize and deflect.

the funny thing is I nor anyone else where isn’t saying Love is top 40 player.  We’ve just said whoa let’s pump the brakes and discuss some glaring issues in his play.  but that isn’t good for your “hot take” so you deflect.

I have done massive writeups on Love, time and time again. I’ve acknowledged he needs to work on his issues like understanding defenses which he’ll get NFL coaching on. He definitely doesn’t need to work on accuracy, he is one of the most accurate throwers of the class. You can read one of my writeups on Love in my Ranking Section. You can easily reply to that and critique anything you want. Don’t sit here and frickin tell me I haven’t had big write ups on Love. You are the one who keeps solely focusing on INTs and tries to make this a one-issue thing. You are the one that takes one tiny piece to fit your own narrative, and then claim I don’t say anything about Love when I’m not gonna reply to your BS and take the bait every time. I have plenty of write ups on Love. It’s funny you make claims about me when all you do is bait people with complete simpleton points yourself. Comical and absolutely 100% hypocritical garbage. 

Edited by BayRaider