2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

13 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Logan Wilson the obvious draw. Not much else to get excited about. But here is a fun name that will participate today, Rocket Ismail Jr. 

Yup I’m curious cause Wilson got a buzz lately honestly don’t know anything about him

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Yup I’m curious cause Wilson got a buzz lately honestly don’t know anything about him

He was a standout for Wyo, but most said he would struggle sideline to sideline athletically in the NFL. Then he went to the combine and compared almost identically to Fred Warner (who you an I both liked).

He was good in coverage. Nose of the ball type who flashed every play albeit on a talentless program. He's a big effort player ala Max Crosby, so could see him catching Mayocks eye. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

He was a standout for Wyo, but most said he would struggle sideline to sideline athletically in the NFL. Then he went to the combine and compared almost identically to Fred Warner (who you an I both liked).

He was good in coverage. Nose of the ball type who flashed every play albeit on a talentless program. He's a big effort player ala Max Crosby, so could see him catching Mayocks eye. 

Interesting 

Someone posted this earlier, but worth a second look. Based on this:

Burrow, Tua - rightfully franchise tier guys

Hurts - more accurate than given credit and does well under pressure. 

Herbert - accuracy issues not as big as his detractors try to paint them out

Fromm - not great across the board

Love - Not great under pressure or overly accurate

Given this, Hurts looking low key great in the mid rounds and comes with the leadership package. Maybe a Dak like trajectory for him if he puts it all together.

1 hour ago, OG_C2X said:

I think Queen is better suited to play MLB but would excel at WLB too. While Murray on tmthe other hand could be a starter at WLB but would be a bust as a MLB.

Curious, why do you think Murray would bust as a MLB?

59 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

Curious, why do you think Murray would bust as a MLB?

I don't think he disengages blocks well and I think he is a subpar tackler. Less worrisome is his instincts, they are hit or miss. I noticed he bites on PA more then I would like and his the wrong holes from time to time when trying to diagnose a run play.

I hated him after the season, and I have warmed to him the more I watch. Starting to think his deficiencies can be fixed with coaching and film study. 

7 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

I don't think he disengages blocks well and I think he is a subpar tackler. Less worrisome is his instincts, they are hit or miss. I noticed he bites on PA more then I would like and his the wrong holes from time to time when trying to diagnose a run play.

I hated him after the season, and I have warmed to him the more I watch. Starting to think his deficiencies can be fixed with coaching and film study. 

Playing Devils advocate, you don’t have these same concerns with Queen at MLB?

He struggles to shed blocks with less mass and functional strength.

Hed be an outstanding Will, but I have some concerns with him as a MLB.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

Playing Devils advocate, you don’t have these same concerns with Queen at MLB?

He struggles to shed blocks with less mass and functional strength.

Hed be an outstanding Will, but I have some concerns with him as a MLB.

No I don't.

I don't think Queen struggles with disengagement like Murray does. And Murray is 10 pounds heavier but 2 inches taller. Queen is more sturdy.

Queen has much better instincts and read and react skills. Both are decent in coverage while Murray might have a slight edge there.