2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

Just now, OG_C2X said:

Mims in the first round is so laughable, DK is a better WR then Mims and came out in a terrible WR class and still went at the end of the 2nd! Mims as a first rounder is hilarious. 

Juedy, Lamb, Ruggs, and Higgins are in a clear tier above everyone else...

Jefferson, Aiyuk and Shenault are the only other guys I would take in the end of the first round if the board fell that way where there no other value at a position of need

I wouldn't go so far...

DK was a clear overthink. Laughable how far he fell.

Personally I think Mims has an intriguing blend of measurables and on field performance . Far prefer him to Aiyuk and Shenault.

Jefferson has a really high floor, but I think Mims has more upside.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I wouldn't go so far...

DK was a clear overthink. Laughable how far he fell.

Personally I think Mims has an intriguing blend of measurables and on field performance . Far prefer him to Aiyuk and Shenault.

Jefferson has a really high floor, but I think Mims has more upside.

He wasn't talked about then runs a blazing 40. His game speed doesn't match his 40 time. He played with Mark Rhule as his coach. I put him with the Claypool, Pittman Jr and Peoples-Jones group. As a 3rd rounder.

Just now, OG_C2X said:

He wasn't talked about then runs a blazing 40. His game speed doesn't match his 40 time. He played with Mark Rhule as his coach. I put him with the Claypool, Pittman Jr and Peoples-Jones group. As a 3rd rounder.

IDK seems very harsh. Agree to disagree. Kollmann has a great video on Mims and some of the things I like a lot about his game. Kollmann is a hype merchant, but his actual film analysis is good.

People's jones is a bit of a mystery IMO. Much more red flags to go with his talent. Pittman is a tough projection.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

Uhhh where did you have McLaurin ranked last year? Many people on here thought he was gonna be a stud and NFL teams were sleeping on him. Mims is similar to McLaurin in a lot of ways. Especially in the sense of value. 

4 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

IDK seems very harsh. Agree to disagree. Kollmann has a great video on Mims and some of the things I like a lot about his game. Kollmann is a hype merchant, but his actual film analysis is good.

People's jones is a bit of a mystery IMO. Much more red flags to go with his talent. Pittman is a tough projection.

You and I may disagree on Carr but we have very similar WR tastes!

• Like 1

one of the best things I like about mims is his blocking, some writer had a video just highlighting his blocking, lots of pissed off cb`s.lol  its a good video and he`s more than solid blocking. btw, I didn't expect him to run a 4.38 , I liked him after watching the game against OU I think and their bowl game, he stood out in both and both were big games. im a self admitted armchair scout/gm.lol most of the time its not the numbers I go off, its seeing them play, sometimes gut etc. but I was talking about this guy as a third rounder 2 months ago,  I was kinda bummed at the 40 time because he stopped being a 3rd rnd steal, and became a late 1rst to 2nd rd prospect. best example I can think of is me posting on here about Andrew whitworth (eons ago.lol) he was projected 2nd to 4th rnd, too stiff for the LT possibly but potentially solid RT (im thinking good mid rnd replacement for LK) what stood out to me and I commented on here about was his 52 straight starts at LSU at tackle.....52 straight, that's 4 x 13 in a row, freshman year until he was a SR. that's a blue -collar, lunchpail, play hurt, kinda guy. that's what stood out to me, the tools were there to be a solid RT, the desire was there to be a HOF LT. ya never know. mims seems like a guy that WILL keep getting better, and his blocking alone shows massive determination. ill put up that blocking video up against anyone in this class. that kind of stuff is valuable too, show it to our OL, ingold and Jacobs and mims would get a standing O. if anyone can find that video put it up plz. its just fun to watch even if we don't get him. some very frustrated db`s. lmao! sorry for the long post.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Uhhh where did you have McLaurin ranked last year? Many people on here thought he was gonna be a stud and NFL teams were sleeping on him. Mims is similar to McLaurin in a lot of ways. Especially in the sense of value. 

WR 5 i think Harry, AJ, Hollywood, DK McLaurin i think is how I had it. something along those lines. I know I had him ahead of Deebo and Campell.

McLaurin was drafted in the 3rd round where he and Mims belong... McLaurin isn't a stud, he is a run of the mill WR2. 

Jets could take Jeudy at 11 (very good fit for their offense) but I really don’t think any WR comes off the board before 11. Cardinals need an OT badly, and Wirfs is a great fit for them. 

I’m about 60% confidence level Jets go OT if one of he main four are still on the board and we will have our choice of WR. But pick 11 is the one to keep an eye on. 

Also I’m sure Mayock will keep an eye to see if Simmons falls past 7. 8 is an interesting trade debate. 

Edited by BayRaider

1 minute ago, OG_C2X said:

WR 5 i think Harry, AJ, Hollywood, DK McLaurin i think is how I had it. something along those lines. I know I had him ahead of Deebo and Campell.

McLaurin was drafted in the 3rd round where he and Mims belong... McLaurin isn't a stud, he is a run of the mill WR2. 

McLaurin did not belong in the 3rd, teams had that wrong. He should of been drafted no later the early 2nd. And no way a gadget guy like Campbell should of went before him. I hated Campbell, loved McLaurin. In this class, McLaurin is probably a Mid 2nd (at least from me). 

Mims is the same. I’d be literally shocked if he got past the Cardinals at Pick 40. 

54 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

McLaurin did not belong in the 3rd, teams had that wrong. He should of been drafted no later the early 2nd. And no way a gadget guy like Campbell should of went before him. I hated Campbell, loved McLaurin. In this class, McLaurin is probably a Mid 2nd (at least from me). 

Mims is the same. I’d be literally shocked if he got past the Cardinals at Pick 40. 

I just spent way more time then I wanted to looking for your 2019 mock. I couldn't find it. But what I did find made me laugh. Grier and Finley in the first round...

I get that mock drafts and draft season is fun for you. But you are not good at this. 

I got this from a morning radio show so take it FWIW.

Mayock said that there are around 25 WRs worthy of going in the top 3 rounds. It's not likely that that many WRs will be drafted that high, so some will fall. It will be interesting to see who is available in the 3rd round. 

Been on the Mims and Van Jefferson train long before the combine would love either. But we can’t miss out on the Lamb/Jeudy sweepstakes depending on who drops obviously but I hope we wheel n deal and gain some more picks. possibly Carr and Gabe trades and trade backs we can certainly upgrade a lot of positions moving forward if the chips fall right of course. Mayock already has shown he can do it even though he was pretty conservative his first draft for obvious reasons but he knows what he is doing and he will get a lot of diamonds out of the mid to late rounds. I trust Mayock.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

Been on the Mims and Van Jefferson train long before the combine would love either. But we can’t miss out on the Lamb/Jeudy sweepstakes depending on who drops obviously but I hope we wheel n deal and gain some more picks. possibly Carr and Gabe trades and trade backs we can certainly upgrade a lot of positions moving forward if the chips fall right of course. Mayock already has shown he can do it even though he was pretty conservative his first draft for obvious reasons but he knows what he is doing and he will get a lot of diamonds out of the mid to late rounds. I trust Mayock.

Jefferson is no nonsense pro ready. Super underrated even now.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

I think Juedy and Lamb are gone by 12.

I think the first 11 picks will go 3QB 2OT 2WR 4DEF.