2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

I still don't like the 2 WR in the 1st move personally. I think one really good guy and then a day 2 guy will be plenty. Now if we can get Lamb Hamler for example via trade up, I'm all for it.

I agree! We’d see much better value drafting 2 WRs with one @12 and one @80/81, or trading around and acquiring a WR in the 2nd.

yes we got 2 LBs in FA but there’s still big holes at CB and S & DL.

2 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I know that’s what I was saying when I wrote “into a starter at SAM, as they will only play 30% of snaps”

I like Lee and maybe a 3rd/4th rounder battle for the Sam starting spot. Need to invest on CB/FS, or impact DL

2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I've always favoured Queen over Murray, but with Littleton being acquired, I may lean more towards KM. He's bigger and more stout vs. the run imo. Could be a better compliment than Queen.

I don’t see either KM or Queen being great options at 19.  Spending a 1st on a SAM not named Simmons seems like overkill not to mention those guys aren’t SAMs

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I like Lee and maybe a 3rd/4th rounder battle for the Sam starting spot. Need to invest on CB/FS, or impact DL

Exactly.  

At this point I’d really consider trading 19 for a packing including ‘20 2nd and ‘21 1st and try to keep Future drafts stocked with extra picks.

i say this because besides maybe Delpit I don’t see any CB, S, or DL at 19.

Edited by jimkelly02
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I agree! We’d see much better value drafting 2 WRs with one @12 and one @80/81, or trading around and acquiring a WR in the 2nd.

yes we got 2 LBs in FA but there’s still big holes at CB and S & DL.

We need to get more dangerous in the secondary/DL. I still think Kinlaw would be a fantastic pick. He can be coached up by Marinelil into a top 5-10 defensive tackle.

I'd strongly consider trading a mid round pick (e.g. 4th) for Anthony Harris. I don't want to give up the farm for Slay.

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

We need to get more dangerous in the secondary/DL. I still think Kinlaw would be a fantastic pick. He can be coached up by Marinelil into a top 5-10 defensive tackle.

I'd strongly consider trading a mid round pick (e.g. 4th) for Anthony Harris. I don't want to give up the farm for Slay.

I haven't done enough research to know what type of player Kinlaw will be in the NFL but what I do know is that we desperately need an inside pass rush.  I would also like to see a Free agent edge rusher signed that brings good value.  We need depth at DE.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Exactly.  

At this point I’d really consider trading 19 for a packing including ‘20 2nd and ‘21 1st and try to keep Future drafts stocked with extra picks.

i say this because besides maybe Delpit I don’t see any CB, S, or DL at 19.

I like Grant Delpit at 19 or maybe even trade down to future pick and 2nd and get Antoine Winfield JR. 

hoping we sign 3 more starters before draft 
CB-  Chris Harris, Desmond Trufant, Darqueze Dennard, Mackenzie Alexander, Trae Waynes

DT- Maliek Collins

FS- Karl Joseph, Damarious Randall, Adrian Phillips

21 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

@MrOaktown_56 Who do you like at DE who would bring good value?  I was just scouring the free agents and I'm a hard pass on Clowney and Fowler based on how much they'll want.  The rest of the other guys are older and some of the younger guys I'm not familiar with.  

Honestly, this is a weird situation on the market where anyone with good production/youth is getting way too much. I don't want to pay a journeyman DE 10+mil for a smidge of production. I'd for sure resign Dion Jordan because he can rush inside and outside. As far as Mayowa, if he's willing to take a small, modest deal I'd like him back. Arden Key also had back to back sacks before his foot injury and can become a good rotational pass rusher under Marinelli.

What we need is a dominating interior DL who can make everyone better. Buckner is that kinda guy, but we're not in a position to be giving up draft capital the way Indy did. Maliek Collins could be a start in FA.

I wouldn't mind Vic Beasley as a pure 3rd down edge guy.

Otherwise, the draft is the best option. Anae is a guy I like because of his versatility and pass rush moves.

We still need a third starter, at least a part-time caliber starter. Marquel Lee is not it.

One of them (Littleton/Kwiatkowski) goes down, there goes what our defense is predicated on. And, them shaking out isn't a guarantee either.

I believe, and feel, that LB is still at the top of our needs.

1 minute ago, doctordeath said:

We still need a third starter, at least a part-time caliber starter. Marquel Lee is not it.

One of them (Littleton/Kwiatkowski) goes down, there goes what our defense is predicated on. And, them shaking out isn't a guarantee either.

I believe, and feel, that LB is still at the top of our needs.

Vigil isn't a bad option if he isn't too expensive. In theory 3 FA LB is crazy, but Vigil is super underrated and smart.