A different "flavor" of draft: using TDN

12 Henry Ruggs III

19 Grant Delpit

80 Troy Pride Jr.

81 Darnay Holmes

91 Michael Pittman Jr.

121 Logan Wilson

159 Albert Okwuegbunam

Try to to open up the offense with Ruggs.

Try to add a bonafide playmaking FS who can cover up mistakes with his range/ball skills. Then double down on 2 corners with starting traits. Pittman tested really well and can potentially become a reliable #2 with time and a good RZ threat. Wilson is smart and athletic. Can learn behind our 2 starters. Albert O was just there late and I said **** it he ran really fast, has upside as a #2/3 tight end with time.

Delpit and the corners are a small gamble, but I feel that a playmaking FS is the most important position on defense outside of the DL. If you have one, it affects the way the rest of your defense can play, knowing they have a guy over the top that can eliminate big plays.

Edited by MrOaktown_56
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Let's say that D. Brown DT slips to 12, do we pull the trigger on him being a projected stud at a position of need?  The WR class is deep and there should still be some WR talent at 19.

Ehh. I think Collins is going to surprise a lot of people and we have solid depth behind him. IIRC, Collins had like the 4th/5th best win rate as a pass rusher of any DT in the league last season. Plus Nassib can rotate inside on passing downs as well. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Ehh. I think Collins is going to surprise a lot of people and we have solid depth behind him. IIRC, Collins had like the 4th/5th best win rate as a pass rusher of any DT in the league last season. Plus Nassib can rotate inside on passing downs as well. 

Perhaps but if you can land a potentially elite interior DL, you do it. Brown would make everyone better. Including Collins. If we can get interior rush, we can get to Mahomes and slow the Chiefs/other explosive offenses.

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

I think you missed Burrows on the right side

Yeah I copied it from my Fanspeak and that 'box' wouldn't let me edit so it went over there and I had to add Herbert as I deleted him because I think he's a 3rd but will probably go 1st.

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

Perhaps but if you can land a potentially elite interior DL, you do it. Brown would make everyone better. Including Collins. If we can get interior rush, we can get to Mahomes and slow the Chiefs/other explosive offenses.

Pass rush will be improved but we still need two starting caliber players in the secondary. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Pass rush will be improved but we still need two starting caliber players in the secondary. 

Of course but you can't get them all. You can draft corner in the 3rd and land a potential early starter. Harris worst case isn't a terrible FS. Just not an ideal one. The same goes for Apple/Lawson...

But if you're forcing the ball to come out fast, suddenly your LB can help in the short pass game. You can force errant throws and make the corners job way easier.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Of course but you can't get them all. You can draft corner in the 3rd and land a potential early starter. Harris worst case isn't a terrible FS. Just not an ideal one. The same goes for Apple/Lawson...

But if you're forcing the ball to come out fast, suddenly your LB can help in the short pass game. You can force errant throws and make the corners job way easier.

The only other things that concerns me about Brown is that he tested so terribly at the combine. 

40 yard dash: 16th percentile 

Vertical jump: 12th percentile

Broad jump: 37th percentile

3-Cone drill: 1st percentile 

20-yard shuttle: 10th percenitle 

• Like 1

Just now, NYRaider said:

The only other things that concerns me about Brown is that he tested so terribly at the combine. 

40 yard dash: 16th percentile 

Vertical jump: 12th percentile

Broad jump: 37th percentile

3-Cone drill: 1st percentile 

20-yard shuttle: 10th percenitle 

Sure I understand that, but interior DL win with first step quickness and technique. Brown is like a 5 year vet destroying SEC IOL for the past 2 years. Remember Donald dropped because of his height? (stupidest **** ever btw). If brown drops due to his athletic testing and we get a 21 year old fletcher cox on a rookie deal, how will you feel?

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

Sure I understand that, but interior DL win with first step quickness and technique. Brown is like a 5 year vet destroying SEC IOL for the past 2 years. Remember Donald dropped because of his height? (stupidest **** ever btw). If brown drops due to his athletic testing and we get a 21 year old fletcher cox on a rookie deal, how will you feel?

Brown's numbers were some of the worst in the history of the combine for a DT that will be selected in the first round though. Cox's athletic testing numbers were among the elite of the elite. Size is one thing, but Brown's #'s were all time low in terms of athleticism/explosiveness. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Vic said the Raiders aren't high on Kinlaw. Cross him off the board for better or worse.

You can’t cross anyone off the board at this point. Especially from a beat writer? Even if Mayock himself came out and said we do not like Kinlaw as a prospect I wouldn’t take him off the board. I like Tafur but he doesn’t know what Mayock’s board looks like. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Brown's numbers were some of the worst in the history of the combine for a DT that will be selected in the first round though. Cox's athletic testing numbers were among the elite of the elite. Size is one thing, but Brown's #'s were all time low in terms of athleticism/explosiveness. 

we would have two below average athletes on the DL in Ferrall and Brown. pass