2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I don't see Delpit as being a bad tackler at all. Like I said, I don't understand how people expect you to make tough tackles in the SEC with a bad ankle.

His tackling issues are 100% overblown. 

2 minutes ago, StocktonSav said:

Curious what you see as Aiyuk's red flags?

Initially i also viewed him as a 2nd rounder only. But the more ive watched of him, the more ive become okay with reaching a bit (in regards to his value, not talent) and taking him in the late 1st. Even at 19 if theres no trade back available.

Complete opposite trend with Ruggs for me.

Aiyuk only has one red flag, and it’s a big one, and that’s defeating press coverage. If he can get stronger, and consistently beat press, he is head and shoulders the best WR of this draft class. 

Edited by BayRaider

Just now, BayRaider said:

At FS, Single-High is our biggest need which is why McKinney is off limits. I still think Delpit at 19 would be a very solid pick. 

“Off limits”? Please

A QBs most important ability is accuracy and being able to read a defense, yet Love is a generational talent according to you.

classic example of your hyperbolic talk.  

Delpit and McKinney are both good options and everyone will have an opinion on which ones better but neither is off limits.  I like Delpit but he’s shown he’s better playing SS in ‘19 then FS in ‘20 (although he does show nice range and ability to play single high) and has tackling issues (which I admit are overblown).... but you don’t see me Saying “Delpit’s off limits!”

You just have an opinion one is better than the other.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I like Delpit but there not 100% overblown. Another hyperbolic reaction.

The tackling issues may be overblown a bit but there’s legit concern.  I think he can overcome the issues but I don’t discount them like you do... and neither will nfl scouts. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Aiyuk only had one red flag, and it’s a big one, and that’s defeating press coverage. If he can get stronger, and consistently beat press, he is head and shoulders the best WR of this draft class. 

Aiyuk can be “Head and shoulders the best WR in the class”?

You loooooove hyperbole.  

classic example of you having your opinions and trying to inflate them with excessive statements.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I like Delpit but there not 100% overblown. Another hyperbolic reaction.

The tackling issues may be overblown a bit but there’s legit concern.  I think he can overcome the issues but I don’t discount them like you do... and neither will nfl scouts. 

Where did I ever say I discount them or say they are not an issue? You’re reallllly reaching lately. I said they are 100% overblown, that does not mean there isn’t a problem. That wording means they are highly highly over blown. 

A lot of talk about single-high FS. But to my recollection, Gruden and Guenther have both said numerous times that their defense does not operate with traditional "free" or "strong" roles. The safeties are supposed to be interchangeable and oriented towards respective sides of the field. Has this changed?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Aiyuk can be “Head and shoulders the best WR in the class”?

You loooooove hyperbole.  

classic example of you having your opinions and trying to inflate them with excessive statements.

I see I have my new BP. Because I ignored the last 4 PMs you sent me. Cool story bro. You’re obsessed with me as well and won’t leave me alone. I really seem to effect sensitive people on here. 

I can state my opinions in any fashion I want. You do not have to read them or reply to them. Aiyuk only needs to be able to defeat press on a consistent basis to possibly become the best WR of this class. Although developing that strength is a huge if. 

Edited by BayRaider

Just now, StocktonSav said:

A lot of talk about single-high FS. But to my recollection, Gruden and Guenther have both said numerous times that their defense does not operate with traditional "free" or "strong" roles. The safeties are supposed to be interchangeable and oriented towards respective sides of the field. Has this changed?

Another valid point. Thank you.  I only mentioned McKinneys ability to play the position of single high.... as in it’s a nice feature for him to have those few times we choose to play it.  And we do play it a few times a game.  
But yes Any flaws McKinney has in single high (which I admit he has something’s to Work on) .... are disqualifiers for us to draft him like @BayRaider claims because we don’t play it that much.

24 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

20 missed tackles in 2019 is hardly overblown. Watch the Alabama game where he missed 4 alone. Harris ran right through him. His lack of technique and strength in tackling were evident throughout the season. He has range and instincts but his tackling is a problem if you want him to play single high as the last line of defense. And forget about bringing him into the box. 

Can he improve as a tackler, sure. But a lot of players don't.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I see I have my new BP. Because I ignored the last 4 PMs you sent me. Cool story bro. You’re obsessed with me as well and won’t leave me alone. I really seem to effect sensitive people on here. 

I can state my opinions in any fashion I want. You do not have to read them or reply to them. Aiyuk only needs to be able to defeat press on a consistent basis to possibly become the best WR of this class. Although developing that strength is a huge if

1.  Only a low character individual would bring things said in private and discuss them in public.  Kind of backs up my stance on you being not a stand up guy. 

2.  And yes if you want to make our conversation public i reached out to you 2x to stop the bickering.  Both times you claim to be totally innocent and a victim of BP and I.  I tried to reach out and say “hey why don’t we just lay out some ground rules.  Like lets not comment on each other’s posts in a negative fashion to avoid  escalating things” and you basically flipped me off.  Then as soon as you start posting today you go right into finding a niche flaw in my McKinney comment and hyperbolicly state he’s “disqualified” as a prospect.

3. your “hot takes” such as Blacklock will be an elite DT, Love is a generational QB, and Aiyuk will be head and shoulders the best WR prospect if he can beat press man are just hyperbolic comments you make.....as usual.  Don’t flatter yourself.  I’m not obsessed with you.  Your not that important or say anything good enough to be obsessed with.  You just constantly try agitating people with name calling and insults and you get a reaction from me.   I’ve reached out to you numerous times to end things and you flip me the bird every time.  Even when I apologized to you publicly you isolated your apology to one specific issue.... So don’t try and gain public opinion by playing the victim.  I guess your hyperbolic talk isn’t limited to player opinions it also goes into personal interactions online.  And nice try again saying “I didn’t reply to your 4 messages” to make it seem like I’m so obsessed person.  You sent me one large message in several paragraphs.  I sent you 4 messages in single paragraphs to isolate 4 separate issues.  I do the same thing with my replies on here.  That’s why I’ll make more posts than prolly needed but at least their all separate.  All those messages were within a very small time frame.

4.  If you didn’t make jokes about BP’s wife banging someone else, called RaiderCody a bigot, and constantly tried finding tiny little flaws with anything I say I would even respond to you.  

7 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

1.  Only a low character individual would bring things said in private and discuss them in public.  Kind of backs up my stance on you being not a stand up guy. 

2.  And yes if you want to make our conversation public i reached out to you 2x to stop the bickering.  Both times you claim to be totally innocent and a victim of BP and I.  I tried to reach out and say “hey why don’t we just lay out some ground rules.  Like lets not comment on each other’s posts in a negative fashion to avoid  escalating things” and you basically flipped me off.  Then as soon as you start posting today you go right into finding a niche flaw in my McKinney comment and hyperbolicly state he’s “disqualified” as a prospect.

3. your “hot takes” such as Blacklock will be an elite DT, Love is a generational QB, and Aiyuk will be head and shoulders the best WR prospect if he can beat press man are just hyperbolic comments you make.....as usual.  Don’t flatter yourself.  I’m not obsessed with you.  Your not that important or say anything good enough to be obsessed with.  You just constantly try agitating people with name calling and insults and you get a reaction from me.   I’ve reached out to you numerous times to end things and you flip me the bird every time.  Even when I apologized to you publicly you isolated your apology to one specific issue.... So don’t try and gain public opinion by playing the victim.  I guess your hyperbolic talk isn’t limited to player opinions it also goes into personal interactions online.  And nice try again saying “I didn’t reply to your 4 messages” to make it seem like I’m so obsessed person.  You sent me one large message in several paragraphs.  I sent you 4 messages in single paragraphs to isolate 4 separate issues.  I do the same thing with my replies on here.  That’s why I’ll make more posts than prolly needed but at least their all separate.  All those messages were within a very small time frame.

4.  If you didn’t make jokes about BP’s wife banging someone else, called RaiderCody a bigot, and constantly tried finding tiny little flaws with anything I say I would even respond to you.  

This stuff isn’t worth replying to at all. This is not how our PM were about and you really don’t want me to post them. Which I won’t. 

As for Blacklock. You will not find a single quote of me saying he’s “Elite DT Prospect”. None. Zero. You edited that since day one. What I said is Great 3T Prospect. Big difference between Elite and Great. 

Also never said Love is a generational QB Prospect. Where did I once say that? Show me one post. 

Anyways, drop it. You’re getting ridiculous. 

Edited by BayRaider

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

20 missed tackles in 2019 is hardly overblown. Watch the Alabama game where he missed 4 alone. Harris ran right through him. His lack of technique and strength in tackling were evident throughout the season. He has range and instincts but his tackling is a problem if you want him to play single high as the last line of defense. And forget about bringing him into the box. 

Very good points.  
i will say Delpit is kind of an enigma though.  While he still had tackling issues in ‘19 he played better closer to the line then he did in ‘20 as a FS.  Lack of Strength is definitely part of the cause of this MT’s.  No one has mentioned that from what I’ve seen.  
But I think part of the MT’s is also the injury and having to take harder angles to make plays as a FS vs as a SS and longer distances to travel (while on a bad ankle).

It’s kind of wierd... McKinney is a better “FS” to many people but he’s better in coverage close to the LOS while Delpit is a better “SS” but has better single high skills.

I don’t think either player is “disqualified” as a prospect for us.  It’s just about where/how you want to play each prospect and where you’d value drafting each one.

they both seem like they’d be good additions to the team and both have parts of your game they need to get better at.

10 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Fair enough, the issue is there. What Oak and I were referring too is the media is acting like he’s the worst tackler in history. You know how the media is. 

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I don't see Delpit as being a bad tackler at all. Like I said, I don't understand how people expect you to make tough tackles in the SEC with a bad ankle.

He had issues tackling in 2018, so it wasn't new. People wanted to see improvement and it didn't happen. And a bad ankles shouldn't effect your technique and ability to wrap up tackle. So many times he get rag dolled trying to throw a shoulder or go low on guys.