2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

23 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Assuming no trade down options are available and we have to pick, then I'd go CB Jaylon Johnson. In a perfect world I'd trade down for him but in this scenario he's my best player at a position of need. I do have Murray and Queen here too but after FA they are much less of a need. Considered McKinney, Winfield and Baun too. It would be a reach on pretty much every player so I take the one that I feel impacts the most. 

I’m between Fulton,gladney, and jaylon Johnson. I will watch more of all of them and report back...

4 hours ago, StocktonSav said:

Just for the hell of it.

12. CeeDee Lamb | WR | Oklahoma

34. AJ Terrell | CB | Clemson

44. Kyle Dugger | FS | Lenoir-Rhyne

80. Bradlee Anae | DE | Utah

81. Malik Harrison | LB | Ohio State

91.  Lynn Bowden | WR/KR | Kentucky

121. Matt Peart | OT |  Connecticut

159.  A.J. Dillon | RB | Boston College

Peart is a good call. We want to improve our depth and we can't be comfortable with Sharpe and Parker. Peart looks like a fit for Cable (size, length, athleticism). But I don't think he makes it to the 4th.

16 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I’m between Fulton,gladney, and jaylon Johnson. I will watch more of all of them and report back...

I started off with Fulton as my preferred option due to name recognition but the more i saw of Johnson the more I liked what i saw, i really think he fits us very well. I still like Fulton and Gladney too for that matter. Fulton is probably better right now and more polished but I view it as what they could develop into in our system.

2 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I started off with Fulton as my preferred option due to name recognition but the more i saw of Johnson the more I liked what i saw, i really think he fits us very well. I still like Fulton and Gladney too for that matter. Fulton is probably better right now and more polished but I view it as what they could develop into in our system.

Terrell? Starting to grow on me. I think I like him more than Fulton and Gladney.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BayRaider said:
16 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Terrell? Starting to grow on me. I think I like him more than Fulton and Gladney.

Yes, I like Terrell too, probably right with Fulton as my No 3/4 after Okudah and Johnson but I wouldn't take him round 1 unless we traded back right near the end. There's quite a few good prospects but they all have little issues and they all are probably in that end of 1st to late 2nd round sweet spot. They are all quite close together I think and it comes down to personal preference i guess  😀 

• Like 1

Since we're all doing it:

#12: Lamb, Ruggs, Jeudy, in that order.

#34: I expect Henderson and Terrell to be gone. My preference would be: Fulton, Diggs, Gladney, Johnson, Hall.

#44: BPA. My preference would be for a receiver. Shenault, Mims, Pittman Jr., Aiyuk, Hamler, Reagor, Higgins. 

FWIW I expect CJ Henderson to go before 19. I also expect Terrell to go before round 2. Those are my top corners (in reverse order) after Okudah. 

Edited by Rich7sena
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Sf at 13 makes it interesting for a team looking to jump them like sea for say maybe a wr with their late first and 2 nds. since mike may isn’t a 1st round wr type of guy.

would y’all trade:

#12 for sea #27 and their 2 2nd’s?

Seems light for a 15 spot jump. I'd want 27, their highest 2nd a 2021 1st

5 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Johnson can be a lockdown CB

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Sf at 13 makes it interesting for a team looking to jump them like sea for say maybe a wr with their late first and 2 nds. since mike may isn’t a 1st round wr type of guy.

would y’all trade:

Yes and I'm totally against trading 12. LOL Those late 2nds are SWEET SPOT for WR's and if all 3 WR's are there at 12 we can hopefully trade 19 & 81/4th to Tampa to jump Denver. (don't let Denver get a top 3 WR) I'd probably try and do that trade before announcing trading out of 12. LOL 

If no trade up, I'd prefer #1 in 2021 as mentioned above, but I'd still make that trade. 

We'd still get one of the top WR's and flipped 19 to 27 (CB), 81 to 61 and 121 to 64 and THAT looks like a better 'team' and I wouldn't rule out DE at 27 if YGM or Ep are there. I loved them at 19 before the draft and FA so I shouldn't forget that. 

Edited by G

Walter Football mock had something I've not heard anywhere perviously:

I could see the Raiders being torn with Jon Gruden preferring CeeDee Lamb and Mike Mayock preferring Jerry Jeudy. Lamb has the size and physique that Gruden loves to go along with run-after-the-catch skills that are a great fit in the offense. But Lamb is known to be a a big partier while Jeudy is all football. Thus, I could see Mayock being inclined to go with Jeudy. In that debate, I think Gruden would get the nod this year after Mayock got his guys last year.

Has anyone else heard anything like this?

7 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Yes, I read it in one of the draft reports.  I've not looked up and incidents. But it's been mentioned. 

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

would y’all trade:

Tough one. Ideally Id want a 2021 pick added in. Not necessarily a first. But something. Dependent on who's still on the board but I probably would.

13 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Saw that too but havent been able to find any other specific reference.

Did see that he was a comms major though. So there's your answer. jk

• Like 2