2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

Such a horrid time to not have a 2nd Rounder. I love this 2nd Round class. I’d trade 19 for two of these guys in a heartbeat (Terrell/Winfield for example). I’d even trade 12. 

McKenzie/Gruden really got screwed over in that Mack trade. Lynch was SiriusXM recently and said the Niners offered a better package than the Bears. I’d assume this would probably be two 1sts and a 3rd without the Raiders surrendering their 2nd. 

Edited by BayRaider

21 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

He had issues tackling in 2018, so it wasn't new. People wanted to see improvement and it didn't happen. And a bad ankles shouldn't effect your technique and ability to wrap up tackle. So many times he get rag dolled trying to throw a shoulder or go low on guys.

He does "stupid" things when trying to tackle sometimes. I still think his range and playmaking are worth it. Can you imagine actually having a guy who can track and intercept/bat deep passes? We were getting shredded by deep balls last year. I can live with some missed tackles considering how sound the rest of the guys are at it, especially Abram and our new LBs.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

He does "stupid" things when trying to tackle sometimes. I still think his range and playmaking are worth it. Can you imagine actually having a guy who can track and intercept/bat deep passes? We were getting shredded by deep balls last year. I can live with some missed tackles considering how sound the rest of the guys are at it, especially Abram and our new LBs.

Exactly. His tackling may be an issue but it’s a overblown problem. Plus, odds are, you have a good tackling LB group, a good tackling CB tandem, and Abram who is a good tackler. 

Delpits range and coverage ability is a perfect defense for the Chiefs. 

I mean, Mayock has a Chief Depth Chart hanging in his front office. I would not be surprised what so ever if Delpit is the pick at 19. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

This is exactly why I don't think he fits the Raiders vision. They want to be physical and his game is more finesse.

I like Delpit and completely agree he'd be a coverage asset, but it's a gamble for me taking a safety at 19 who can't tackle. And he's not "elite" in any area so I think you can find better value later on.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

As for Blacklock. You will not find a single quote of me saying he’s “Elite DT Prospect”. None. Zero. You edited that since day one. What I said is Great 3T Prospect. Big difference between Elite and Great. 

Also never said Love is a generational QB Prospect. Where did I once say that? Show me one post. 

Anyways, drop it. You’re getting ridiculous. 

@BayRaider

So you never said these things?  and I’m going to give the long version of the statements so as not to lose any frame of reference to your comments.....

Love:

”Burrow and Tua are generational prospect. I think they are both the best prospects since Wentz. And Love's potential is the most I've seen of any QB since Mahomes, and years upon years before Mahomes. Sky high is the limit for Love.”

Blacklock:

“The more compact DTs work better as a 3T. Donald, Atkins, Rankins, to name a few. This Frame, Furious Bullrush, and Lightning Quickstep seem to be the three key ingredients to be a 3T. Technique can come later. Ross Blacklock will follow the fold and the next great 3T in the NFL imo. He has all of this.”

I might not have used your exact words but you can’t tell me or anyone else hear I change the meaning of what you said.

33 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Such a horrid time to not have a 2nd Rounder. I love this 2nd Round class. I’d trade 19 for two of these guys in a heartbeat (Terrell/Winfield for example). I’d even trade 12. 

McKenzie/Gruden really got screwed over in that Mack trade. Lynch was SiriusXM recently and said the Niners offered a better package than the Bears. I’d assume this would probably be two 1sts and a 3rd without the Raiders surrendering their 2nd. 

I actually reference this in another post.  There was speculation a player could have been the “extra compensation above Chicago”.  The same thing was rumored (I don’t find this to be a rumor as Lynch confirmed it) to Have happened with AB when other teams like NE offered more (1st rounder) but we got that maggot for a 3rd and 5th.

i don’t know how Reggie could be so irresponsible to not take the better compensation package.  Also, the Jets were on record as offering at least a 1st and 2nd.... I don’t know how he didn’t get them up to 2 1sts straight up. 
The difference in the compensation packages we took vs what we could have gotten was huge.  Mack wasn’t going to turn the Jets or SF from a team picking 2 and 3 Into a playoff team.  He never did that for us and Chicago still stinks with him now.

3 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

@BayRaider

So you never said these things?  and I’m going to give the long version of the statements so as not to lose any frame of reference to your comments.....

Love:

”Burrow and Tua are generational prospect. I think they are both the best prospects since Wentz. And Love's potential is the most I've seen of any QB since Mahomes, and years upon years before Mahomes. Sky high is the limit for Love.”

Blacklock:

“The more compact DTs work better as a 3T. Donald, Atkins, Rankins, to name a few. This Frame, Furious Bullrush, and Lightning Quickstep seem to be the three key ingredients to be a 3T. Technique can come later. Ross Blacklock will follow the fold and the next great 3T in the NFL imo. He has all of this.”

I might not have used your exact words but you can’t tell me or anyone else hear I change the meaning of what you said.

You basically proved me right in this post.... you do realize that right...?

You did indeed twist my words, heavily. 

And just because I said Love has the most potential doesn’t mean I think he’s a generational prospect. I never once said he’s a generational prospect. He does have the most potential of any QB in this class. That’s a very fair statement. But he also has a huge bust risk-factor as well unlike Burrow/Tua. Burrow/Tua are safe Top 10 QBs in the NFL, with a high chance of being Top 5. Those two are as generational as it gets when it comes to QB’s. 

Anyways, as I said before, drop it. You’re clogging up the thread with your obsession. I’m not stuck on this? Why are you? Just stop and continue draft discussion. 

8 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

This is exactly why I don't think he fits the Raiders vision. They want to be physical and his game is more finesse.

I like Delpit and completely agree he'd be a coverage asset, but it's a gamble for me taking a safety at 19 who can't tackle. And he's not "elite" in any area so I think you can find better value later on.

I'm torn because I agree with Mayock on the physicality front, but he also said we need to get faster and force more turnovers in the secondary.

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

You basically proved me right in this post.... you do realize that right...?

You did indeed twist my words, heavily. 

How did I prove you right?

You made highly hyperbolic comments about Love and Blacklock.... as usual.  

you said Burrow and Tua are generizational talents ... yet Love has the most potential as any QB in recent history excluding Mahomes.... meaning Love has no potential than Burrow, Watson, Luck, RG3, and many other top 10 picks..... yet why is Love not considered a top 10 pick by most people?

Hyperbole Is just what you do. My point was you pick a few players and overinflated their “potential”.  You denied you said those things and yet you did.

And you don’t get to throw jabs then say it’s over.  You have a propensity to try and make your final point them run behind the “everyone’s getting annoyed ust stop it!” Line.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Can get one pretty easily for two 3rds.

3 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

How did I prove you right?

You made highly hyperbolic comments about Love and Blacklock.... as usual.  

you said Burrow and Tua are generizational talents ... yet Love has the most potential as any QB in recent history excluding Mahomes.... meaning Love has no potential than Burrow, Watson, Luck, RG3, and many other top 10 picks..... yet why is Love not considered a top 10 pick by most people?

Hyperbole Is just what you do. My point was you pick a few players and overinflated their “potential”.  You denied you said those things and yet you did.

And you don’t get to throw jabs then say it’s over.  You have a propensity to try and make your final point them run behind the “everyone’s getting annoyed ust stop it!” Line.

Keep arguing with yourself and being massively worked up about a pointless topic. Once again, if you don’t like the way I state opinions, don’t read them. There is no rule in which you have to state opinions in a certain way. And in no way do I present them as a fact, no matter how hard you build that narrative. 

4 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Can get one pretty easily for two 3rds.

80 + 81 for some random pick in the 50’s perhaps. 

12. Jerry Jeudy

19. Grant Delpit

55. Damon Arnette

I could live with this. I do expect Johnson and Terrell to be gone at this time. And I do like Arnette. He’s a little smaller but a very physical corner. 

• Like 1

Check out Amik Robertson too, I know you didn't like the CB class like a week ago but seem to be on the second round guys pretty hard now so I assume you just hadn't gotten to the depth of the class. Amik is my mid round pick for CB favorite.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Check out Amik Robertson too, I know you didn't like the CB class like a week ago but seem to be on the second round guys pretty hard now so I assume you just hadn't gotten to the depth of the class. Amik is my mid round pick for CB favorite.

Checked him out two days ago ironically. I really love his tape. But man those 30 1/4 arms really turned me off. Same reason Darbsk and I think Arnette probably ends up a Nickel Corner. Although he’s much more physical than Robinson with better competition. Excellent value pick at 91 though. 

Edited by BayRaider