2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

5 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Hot take.. Raiders won’t take a CB within the first three rounds. Just get that feeling. 

Not a bad hot take at all man. No corner is worth taking at 19. And there’s probably gonna be a ridiculous run in the 2nd Round and none left over by Pick 80. Mayock isn’t gonna force a pick. 

Maybe trade up for Stingley Jr next year. Best CB Prospect I’ve ever watched. I almost get exhausted watching his tape. It’s like watching NFL Redzone of a Prospect. And I’m talking play by play of normal game tape. 

Edit: Keep forgetting Stingley isn’t coming out until 2022. 

Edited by BayRaider

16 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Not a bad hot take at all man. No corner is worth taking at 19. And there’s probably gonna be a ridiculous run in the 2nd Round and none left over by Pick 80. Mayock isn’t gonna force a pick. 

Maybe trade up for Stingley Jr next year. Best CB Prospect I’ve ever watched. I almost get exhausted watching his tape. It’s like watching NFL Redzone of a Prospect. And I’m talking play by play of normal game tape. 

Edit: Keep forgetting Stingley isn’t coming out until 2022. 

You 100% right here. 2nd round is the sweet spot and there’s gonna be a big run on them and gone by when we pick at 80.  
I think we’ll move around the board this year to get in that sweet spot.

stingley comments aren’t even hyperbole.... he’s a great prospect.  I’m not disagreeing with you but I will say I think he will suffer from the classic oversaturization effect that happens to guys who are elite prospects from True freshman year.  They often get so much attention they get over analyzed.  After 3 years of being under the microscope people will actually try and find issues that aren’t real issues. 

Serious Question not an attack:

didn’t you shoot down the idea of trading up for Okudah saying it doesn’t make sense to trade up for non-QBs.  I guess it depends on the cost of trading up for a guy like Stingley, cuZ he is that good. 
but if Okudah falls to 7/8 and we can trade up for him by giving up a 3rd and 3rd to 5th (depends) why is that not acceptable while it would be acceptable to trade a haul for Stingley?

Just now, jimkelly02 said:

You 100% right here. 2nd round is the sweet spot and there’s gonna be a big run on them and gone by when we pick at 80.  
I think we’ll move around the board this year to get in that sweet spot.

stingley comments aren’t even hyperbole.... he’s a great prospect.  I’m not disagreeing with you but I will say I think he will suffer from the classic oversaturization effect that happens to guys who are elite prospects from True freshman year.  They often get so much attention they get over analyzed.  After 3 years of being under the microscope people will actually try and find issues that aren’t real issues. 

Serious Question not an attack:

didn’t you shoot down the idea of trading up for Okudah saying it doesn’t make sense to trade up for non-QBs.  I guess it depends on the cost of trading up for a guy like Stingley, cuZ he is that good. 
but if Okudah falls to 7/8 and we can trade up for him by giving up a 3rd and 3rd to 5th (depends) why is that not acceptable while it would be acceptable to trade a haul for Stingley?

I entertained the idea of trading up for for Okudah if he’s there at 8. He likely wouldn’t make it past the Jags at 9.

I’m open to small trade ups that require two thirds or less. 

However, when it comes to surrendering a 1st or 2nd Round pick, it better be a Franchise QB we are trading up for. Like if Mayock gave up 12, 19, and 91 for Pick 3, and they are convinced Tua is a Franchise QB (which I am as well) I’d have zero issue with that trade. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

I entertained the idea of trading up for for Okudah if he’s there at 8. He likely wouldn’t make it past the Jags at 9.

I’m open to small trade ups that require two thirds or less. 

However, when it comes to surrendering a 1st or 2nd Round pick, it better be a Franchise QB we are trading up for. Like if Mayock gave up 12, 19, and 91 for Pick 3, and they are convinced Tua is a Franchise QB (which I am as well) I’d have zero issue with that trade. 

I agree with that.  Maybe my memories off or maybe I didn’t explain myself correctly but I thought you shot down my idea (which was just a pulled out my butt, passing type comment) that trading up for Okudah if he slips should be in consideration.

but yeah,,, if Okudah falls to 7/8 and we can trade up with say Arizona for 12, 81,160 (and Az Still gets their OT at 12) .... I think that’s a good trade.  But he’s definitely not falling past 9.... jax will definitely take him so we’d have to trade up to 7/8.  

but I agree you really don’t want to give up big compensation to trade up for nonQB’s. But if it only costs mid round picks to get a guy whose falling then it’s worth it.  We can recoup what we gave up to go from 12 to 8 by moving down from 19.... it’d all even out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I agree with that.  Maybe my memories off or maybe I didn’t explain myself correctly but I thought you shot down my idea (which was just a pulled out my butt, passing type comment) that trading up for Okudah if he slips should be in consideration.

but yeah,,, if Okudah falls to 7/8 and we can trade up with say Arizona for 12, 81,160 (and Az Still gets their OT at 12) .... I think that’s a good trade.  But he’s definitely not falling past 9.... jax will definitely take him so we’d have to trade up to 7/8.  

but I agree you really don’t want to give up big compensation to trade up for nonQB’s. But if it only costs mid round picks to get a guy whose falling then it’s worth it.  We can recoup what we gave up to go from 12 to 8 by moving down from 19.... it’d all even out.

Cardinals aren’t giving up that spot for a 3rd and 4th. Would have to be 81 and 91 at a bare minimum. Probably both 80/81.

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Cardinals aren’t giving up that spot for a 3rd and 4th. Would have to be 81 and 91 at a bare minimum. Probably both 80/81.

I disagree.  We know it won’t be just straight draft board even points but I think they could settle for one of the higher 3rds and 4th or 91.  Depends how the board balls and if they feel their preferred OT is expected to be there at 12.

4 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I might be inclined to give up 19 for the Colts' two seconds. I think if Henderson and Terrell are gone, I look to move back.

That’s the ideal trade scenario... several people have said they line that deal.  Myself included 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I might be inclined to give up 19 for the Colts' two seconds. I think if Henderson and Terrell are gone, I look to move back.

That's tempting since Indys first 2nd rounder is at 34. So basically a 1st rounder in terms of available prospects. Value is there on paper.

But the overlooked variable is that 5th year option for 1st rounders. So important for contract negotiations assuming the player drafted works out. Tough call.

9 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I’ve done this exact deal in a couple mocks. It’s a great trade for us. We’d have to send our 4th back most likely, which is totally fine with me. The only way the Colts trade up is if Love or Herbert is on the board, which is certainly possible. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StocktonSav said:

That's tempting since Indys first 2nd rounder is at 34. So basically a 1st rounder in terms of available prospects. Value is there on paper.

But the overlooked variable is that 5th year option for 1st rounders. So important for contract negotiations assuming the player drafted works out. Tough call.

I mentioned this before.  We’d have the 3 1sts from ‘19 plus 2 2nds and 3 3rds all hitting FA at the same time.  

4 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I mentioned this before.  We’d have the 3 1sts from ‘19 plus 2 2nds and 3 3rds all hitting FA at the same time.  

Didnt see that. Good point. Didnt think about the '19 1st rounders. Only one franchise tag. Although, the likelihood all those picks hit is unlikely.

Just now, StocktonSav said:

Didnt see that. Good point. Didnt think about the '19 1st rounders. Only one franchise tag. Although, the likelihood all those picks hit is unlikely.

They all won’t hit and we can always sign the some to extensions early..... it’s just something to consider.  
maybe we trade 19 for 34 and 44 and then trade one of them for some picks in ‘21

• Like 1

1. Burrow

2. Young

3. Okudah

4. Wirfs

5. Tua

6. Thomas

7. Brown

8. Wills

9. Simmons

10. Becton

11. Jeudy

12. Ruggs III

13. Lamb (you can swap Ruggs/Lamb if you want)

14. Josh Jones

15. Kinlaw

16. Chaisson

17. CJ Henderson

18. Grant Delpit

Miami does need a safety and Delpit could be BPA right there. This is a very realistic scenario. 

You’re on the clock. 

Everyone make an official pick.