2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

25 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

They are allowed to be together. They just aren't allowed to be in the facilities 

Negative! The letter said they cannot gather together. 

"With club personal separately located in their own homes"

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

He is assuming Lamb is gone at 12, if that is the case I would go Kinlaw over Jeudy and take the risk of landing a WR later in the draft.  

I would hope a trade back from 19 happens and we are able to snag a late 1st early 2nd and another 2nd.  If we can't, are forced to stay at 19 and our pick at 12 was Kinlaw, I would go WR or CB.  

I would say WR is a greater need but CB is a premium position and also a major hole on our roster.  I would personally go Cb and bank on a trade up into the 2nd with two of our 3rd's to snag a WR there.  There is much greater WR depth and value in this draft than CB's.  

In a scenario where the Jets go OT at #11 and there's no WR picked before we pick, I wonder if we take a defensive player and hope that one of the top 3 WR drops to us at #19? 

Because realistically, unless a team trades up, if we were to go Kinlaw the board could shakeout like: 

13. San Francisco - Lamb/Jeudy/Ruggs

14. Tampa Bay - OT

15. Denver - Lamb/Jeudy/Ruggs

16. Atlanta - Chaisson 

17. Dallas - Henderson

18. Miami - Defensive player

19. Las Vegas - Lamb/Jeudy/Ruggs

• Like 2

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Daniel Jeremiah mock draft

12. Jerry Jeudy-This decision would likely come down to Jeudy versus Javon Kinlaw

19. AJ Terrell- Terell would reunite with his college teammate, Trayvon Mullen, to give the Raiders two tall, long and rangy CBs to build their secondary around.

Another interesting tidbit from his mock is that he has the Giants going OT at #4, the Dolphins taking Herbert over Tua, and the Jaguars going OT at #9. With Isaiah Simmons falling all the way to #10 to Cleveland. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

In a scenario where the Jets go OT at #11 and there's no WR picked before we pick, I wonder if we take a defensive player and hope that one of the top 3 WR drops to us at #19? 

Because realistically, unless a team trades up, if we were to go Kinlaw the board could shakeout like: 

14. Tampa Bay - OT

16. Atlanta - Chaisson 

17. Dallas - Henderson

I can see PHI or MIN possibly moving up for one of those WRs in that scenario, but it might be a risk worth taking.

• Like 1

Just now, Justwinning said:

I can see PHI or MIN possibly moving up for one of those WRs in that scenario, but it might be a risk worth taking.

Definitely. That's one of the things that makes it so difficult to project the draft because there are so many trades on draft night. As the draft gets closer I'm praying that a surprise team jumps into that third spot and it pushes Okudah down the board a little bit so we can move up and get him. Then move out of the 19th spot and acquire some more draft capital. 

• Like 1

I know there's a lot of smoke in mirrors at this point in the process. But I had seen stuff on twitter a couple of weeks ago about the Dolphins preferring Hebert over Tua and in Daniel Jeremiah's most recent mock draft he said that he thinks there's a legit chance they could take Herbert too. Pair that with the rumors that the Dolphins were also supposedly gauging Cincinnati's interest in a potential trade to go up and get Burrow and they might not be too high on Tua's medicals. 

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Negative! The letter said they cannot gather together. 

"With club personal separately located in their own homes"

That is very vague.

Separately located in their own homes. Doesn't mean they cant gather.

The raiders "club personal" can be "separately located" from the club while being in "private homes".

I can tell you 100% of teams will have their key people together for the draft. Now war rooms wont be as crowded as normal, but I promise you Gruden, Mayock, Razzano and Co will be together.

1 minute ago, OG_C2X said:

That is very vague.

Separately located in their own homes. Doesn't mean they cant gather.

The raiders "club personal" can be "separately located" from the club while being in "private homes".

I can tell you 100% of teams will have their key people together for the draft. Now war rooms wont be as crowded as normal, but I promise you Gruden, Mayock, Razzano and Co will be together.

Didn't we send home everyone other than Mayock, Gruden, and a few others during the draft last year anyway? 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Didn't we send home everyone other than Mayock, Gruden, and a few others during the draft last year anyway? 

Well yea, because reggie's scouts were leaking to much to the media.

10 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

Well yea, because reggie's scouts were leaking to much to the media.

Even with that in mind, our front office having experience running the draft without any scouts in the building should give us a slight edge this year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

14. Tampa Bay - OT

16. Atlanta - Chaisson 

17. Dallas - Henderson

Yep I almost always have a big 3 WR go to 19 in my mock drafts.