2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

11 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Lazy you are clearly all over the place with who you think is good and not.  Once you're proven wrong you backtrack. 

Instead of spewing out trash garbage and claiming to be an expert on every player, which I am sure most is regurgitated off what you have read online, yet you claim to "have watched film" why don't you focus on a few players and do true research, that is if you even have a legit eye to evaluate talent which so far you have proven to be below average at best. 

Time will show you have no clue what you're talking about as it always has.  Now you're backtracking on your Cooper statements SMH

Lamb looks slow on tape, what tape have you been watching?  Did Michael Thomas and NUK look slow in college too with their 4.57 40's?  Now I am not comparing Lamb to either but a good football player is more than speed, just ask DHB about that one. 

Cooper is elite blah blah.  All nonsense proving that your evaluation of WR talent is below average.  He is a top 12 elite #1... Dude you have no clue what you're talking about.  Here are 15 WR's better than Cooper and not every one is an elite #1. ODB, Green, NUK, Hilton, Julio, Sutton, Hill, Allen, Adams, Thelin, Diggs, Thomas, Evans, Kupp, Godwin and AB.

I’m not backtracking on any Cooper statements. You really need to stop putting words in my mouth. You keep claiming I called him elite, and I did not. Never once used the word elite. 

Same thing Jim did with Blacklock. He claimed I used the word elite. I did not. Not once. 

It’s amazing how people put words into peoples mouths around here. 

Let’s go over this situation and how it started:

You asked me if I really thought Jeudy, Ruggs, and Lamb are worth pick 12. I said, no, I don’t think Lamb is worth Pick 12. I was being honest and it was my opinion. I stated it very respectfully. I even said I don’t state it often because I don’t want to be flamed. And for some reason, you took instant offense to me saying “I don’t think Lamb is good value at 12”. Instantly trigged for some reason. Learn to respect opinions. 

You do the same thing when someone is negative on Carr, instantly triggered and respond all angrily. 

Edited by BayRaider

10 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Lazy you are clearly all over the place with who you think is good and not.  Once you're proven wrong you backtrack. 

Instead of spewing out trash garbage and claiming to be an expert on every player, which I am sure most is regurgitated off what you have read online, yet you claim to "have watched film" why don't you focus on a few players and do true research, that is if you even have a legit eye to evaluate talent which so far you have proven to be below average at best. 

Time will show you have no clue what you're talking about as it always has.  Now you're backtracking on your Cooper statements SMH

Lamb looks slow on tape, what tape have you been watching?  Did Michael Thomas and NUK look slow in college too with their 4.57 40's?  Now I am not comparing Lamb to either but a good football player is more than speed, just ask DHB about that one. 

Cooper is elite blah blah.  All nonsense proving that your evaluation of WR talent is below average.  He is a top 12 elite #1... Dude you have no clue what you're talking about.  Here are 15 WR's better than Cooper and not every one is an elite #1. ODB, Green, NUK, Hilton, Julio, Sutton, Hill, Allen, Adams, Thelin, Diggs, Thomas, Evans, Kupp, Godwin and AB.

I like your list but I have to say this proves that there really aren't many transcended Elite ones in the league, however if we take a WR at 12 and he's in this company then it's a win even if they don't become Elite #1. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

I like your list but I have to say this proves that there really aren't many transcended Elite ones in the league, however if we take a WR at 12 and he's in this company then it's a win even if they don't become Elite #1. 

If we select a WR at 12 and he is a football player like the ones on list I have mentioned, he is worth the value at 12.  Not all of these players had better numbers than "elite #1 Cooper" last year but all are better WR's at playing football.  

@BayRaider 

lets just resolve this right now right here:

you said this:

The more compact DTs work better as a 3T. Donald, Atkins, Rankins, to name a few. This Frame, Furious Bullrush, and Lightning Quickstep seem to be the three key ingredients to be a 3T. Technique can come later. 

Ross Blacklock will follow the fold and the next great 3T in the NFL imo. He has all of this.”

I’m not super smart like you and can remember that entire 3 paragraph quote, several days later. so I said you called him an elite prospect.  I have zero idea how any context was lost or misconstrued.

if you say “Blacklock could be elite” it’s just your way of getting a free spin....

if he hits you claim I told you so I’m the greatest scout ever but if he fails you say “i said could”

Stop getting “triggered” or “emotional” or “sensitive” that people misquote you.  Im sorry we are all not so good at the finer points of your time linguistic trickery. 

anyone who disagrees with BR is “triggered” or “emotional” or “sensitive” btw,,, just so Everyone knows

1 minute ago, jimkelly02 said:

@BayRaider 

lets just resolve this right now right here:

you said this:

The more compact DTs work better as a 3T. Donald, Atkins, Rankins, to name a few. This Frame, Furious Bullrush, and Lightning Quickstep seem to be the three key ingredients to be a 3T. Technique can come later. 

Ross Blacklock will follow the fold and the next great 3T in the NFL imo. He has all of this.”

I’m not super smart like you and can remember that entire 3 paragraph quote, several days later. so I said you called him an elite prospect.  I have zero idea how any context was lost or misconstrued.

if you say “Blacklock could be elite” it’s just your way of getting a free spin....

if he hits you claim I told you so I’m the greatest scout ever but if he fails you say “i said could”

Stop getting “triggered” or “emotional” or “sensitive” that people misquote you.  Im sorry we are all not so good at the finer points of your time linguistic trickery. 

anyone who disagrees with BR is “triggered” or “emotional” or “sensitive” btw,,, just so Everyone knows

You are still misquoting me though. I never once said Blacklock is elite or will be “elite”. Not once. So yes, you are misquoting me. 

Yes, I made an opinion that Blacklock could be the next great 3T because he has the three essential tools: Compact Muscular Size, Lightning First Step, and a Fantastic Bullrush. That was my opinion. 

I never in any way called him elite or said he was elite. 

No matter how hard you try to make the glove fit, it’s not gonna fit. You are literally grasping at straws. 

Just now, jimkelly02 said:

Can someone explain to me how if Blacklock is the next great 3Tech how he isn’t an “elite prospect” ?

the word prospect infers the player isn’t quite yet elite (for the nfl) but will be in time.

Elite is Aaron Donald, Chris Jones. 

I said I was predicting Blacklock to be the next great 3T because his toolshed is pretty dang incredible (opinion) and matches the exact toolshed of the great 3T’s before him. 

By great, I was more projecting him to be a better version of Sheldon Rankins, with the potential to be on Geno Atkins level. And this is still all opinion and shouldn’t trigger anyone. I even stated “imo” in that post. 

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

No matter how hard you try to make the glove fit, it’s not gonna fit. You are literally grasping at straws. 

Or....OR.... OR...

OR your just back tracking with some linguistic trickery and semantics

Just now, jimkelly02 said:

Or....OR.... OR...

OR your just back tracking with some linguistic trickery and semantics

I’m not back tracking at all. I still think Blacklock will be the next great 3T. So how am I backtracking? I’ll say it again: Blacklock will be the next great 3T (opinion). 

And once again, do you see the word elite in there? No, because I don’t think he’s gonna be the next Aaron Donald or Chris Jones. I think he has some Chris Jones traits, but I don’t expect him to ascend to that level. 

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Elite is Aaron Donald, Chris Jones. 

I said I was predicting Blacklock to be the next great 3T because his toolshed is pretty dang incredible (opinion) and matches the exact toolshed of the great 3T’s before him. 

By great, I was more projecting him to be a better version of Sheldon Rankins, with the potential to be on Geno Atkins level. And this is still all opinion and shouldn’t trigger anyone. I even stated “imo” in that post. 

If your forecasted to be next great 3Tech,,, with all the physical traits of the great players at the position.....

wouldn’t you be an “elite” 3T prospect ?

Edited by jimkelly02

Chris Jones built is totally different tho...

How is he in this conversation at all?

A.Donald, G.Atkins, G.Jarrett...there is obvious similarities, but Jones is way bigger and longer, different animal...

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

Great, more bickering 

Can’t even post an opinion anymore lol. 

This started with: 

Frankie: Do you think Lamb/Jeudy/Ruggs are really all worth Pick 12?

Myself: Not really. I don’t think Lamb is worth Pick 12. Although I don’t like stating that opinion often because I don’t want to get flamed.

Next reply by Frankie is him super triggered and upset, even though I said “I usually don’t post this opinion because I don’t wanna get flamed”. 

And then two pages of Frankie/Jim being absolutely triggered over my opinion and me posting as calm as could be. Can basically read the entire conversation. 

I suppose I should ignore these situations in the future and not reply regardless and stoop to low levels. 

The draft thread has been getting clogged left and right. 

Edited by BayRaider