2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Very interesting he would say that considering he had to get some type of strong connection to them that separates the Raiders from the other teams he’s talked too. 

Or he’s just being opportunistic and trying to drive up his stock in the media.  He was a 2nd rounder according to most last month now talked about as option at 19.... he’s a smart guy and just trying to add to the wave.

i remember Stanford Routt say we had no contact with him before draft, was total secret.  I’ve heard this many times but our draftees (through interviews and articles).  We do a great job not letting info slip to players that would get back to other coaches.

with exception of Gruden... wasn’t he running around telling people he had to have Jacobs?

Edited by jimkelly02

As much as I like Jaylon Johnson, I am worried about his non-elite long speed. It's why I prefer Fulton and Terrell in that facet, who've shown their ability to run with really fast guys.

If Johnson was a little faster, he'd be a top 15 prospect easily IMO. I'm a bit torn on him.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

As much as I like Jaylon Johnson, I am worried about his non-elite long speed. It's why I prefer Fulton and Terrell in that facet, who've shown their ability to run with really fast guys.

If Johnson was a little faster, he'd be a top 15 prospect easily IMO. I'm a bit torn on him.

With you on this. Fact is, the AFC west has to draft speed to combat what KC is doing on offense. Corners and safeties who can run are going be at a premium.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

With you on this. Fact is, the AFC west has to draft speed to combat what KC is doing on offense. Corners and safeties who can run are going be at a premium.

Yeah if Henderson falls to 19 I think the Raiders bite.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

It's why I keep coming back to Terrell. Just like Mullen, he's 6'1 200 pounds. Runs in the mid to low 4.4s. Looks fast. Has really good hips. Tackles in the run game. Clemson guy. Character. Played in tons of high stakes games. Played well in most of them (unless you count LSU and I still think it wasn't as bad as it looked in that game). He needs to develop his upper body though so he can press with more effectiveness. That's why Chase killed him. But chase is probably more physical than 90% of NFL receivers.

When we look back in 3-4 years on this corner class, Okudah will probably be the best. But Terrell has a strong chance to be the next guy. Not much that he can't do.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

It's why I keep coming back to Terrell. Just like Mullen, he's 6'1 200 pounds. Runs in the mid to low 4.4s. Looks fast. Has really good hips. Tackles in the run game. Clemson guy. Character. Played in tons of high stakes games. Played well in most of them (unless you count LSU and I still think it wasn't as bad as it looked in that game). He needs to develop his upper body though so he can press with more effectiveness. That's why Chase killed him. But chase is probably more physical than 90% of NFL receivers.

When we look back in 3-4 years on this corner class, Okudah will probably be the best. But Terrell has a strong chance to be the next guy. Not much that he can't do.

Actually Raiders might take Henderson at #12 the guy 's sticky. Denzel Mims at #19

Edited by raidr4life
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Okudah ran a 4.48/4.49 at the combine and Johnson ran a 4.50. If speed is the issue, they are about the same. Even on game tape. Not that I’m comparing them as prospect, Okudah is a lot better. 

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Trayvon Mullen ran a 4.46 and Johnson ran a 4.50. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

LSU game wasn't as bad as it looks. Just recency bias and Chase will be a problem for a lot of CBs, he's an absolute stud. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

LSU game wasn't as bad as it looks. Just recency bias and Chase will be a problem for a lot of CBs, he's an absolute stud. 

If Chase was in this draft he'd be the first WR off the board IMO. 

• Like 3